Disappointing sex toys

I recently purchased a steel chastity device from LH and was super super excited to try it out. My wife and I have used various plastic, silicone, or a combination of the 2 devices in the past and always had minor issues. Recently it was plastic joints breaking and cutting both myself and my wife in the process. So you can see where a steel cage would have us excited.

Well, I ran the device through all the rigors of chastity last night and sadly... it was more dissapointing than the cheap silicone ones you can get online. I did write a review to point out the highlights and quality of the device. But on me, it was just a gross failure... and since it's a bondage item it doesn't qualify for the Happiness return policy.

Have any of you had a similar situation where you were excited for a new toy or lingerie to come in and it didn't meet your expectations? Too big, too small, not aggressive enough vibrations?

Just recently I bought the LH booty butt plug, I was disappointed with it being to small and coming out plus i couldn't feel it inside me so it didn't excite me at all.

I think it's bound to happen occasionally.

People are very different and what works for one person may well not work for another.

I have a couple of items which I have purchased, tried a couple of times then discarded or replaced.

All you can do is to read the LH descriptions very carefully and then make sure you read a wide selection of user review, both positive and negative.

Ms. D wrote:

I recently purchased a steel chastity device from LH and was super super excited to try it out. My wife and I have used various plastic, silicone, or a combination of the 2 devices in the past and always had minor issues. Recently it was plastic joints breaking and cutting both myself and my wife in the process. So you can see where a steel cage would have us excited.

Well, I ran the device through all the rigors of chastity last night and sadly... it was more dissapointing than the cheap silicone ones you can get online. I did write a review to point out the highlights and quality of the device. But on me, it was just a gross failure... and since it's a bondage item it doesn't qualify for the Happiness return policy.

Have any of you had a similar situation where you were excited for a new toy or lingerie to come in and it didn't meet your expectations? Too big, too small, not aggressive enough vibrations?

Not sure which one you were reffeing to, I found this is a good quality device https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37791

The only toy I have bought that I did not really like was the Tenga fliphole.

DanceswithPenguins wrote:

Not sure which one you were reffeing to, I found this is a good quality device https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37791

It was actually this one. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=41262 I found I need to go with the shorter cages since I'm a grower, not a shower. Like the CB-6000S is a good length for comfort. The CB-6000 allows for too much expansion which has caused some very painful experiences.

I looked at the device you linked and it definitely looks high quality. But the only ring they have is the 1.75" one, and that diameter is the one that cuts of circulation. If they made a 1.875" ring, I'd probably give it a try and maybe I would have had better luck with the one I got. ![](upload://ceipqBTR0sMGMajGRWRbxCi6nYV.gif)

Me and the o/h been lucky we loved evey toy we got off love honey

We've had a few that haven't hit the mark

A LH glass dildo, one with quite a bulbous head. Mrs Sen just feels its too heavy and the smoothness doesn't stimulate her enough.

A desire rabbit, just doesn't suit her anatomy, finds the ears dig in and are uncomfortable.

King Cock 8.5 inch dildo, she finds it too big (me, I quite like it for myself though)

Satisfyer Pro2. Not a disappointment as such, but not the OMG explosiveness that I was expecting based on the reviews

But these few misses pale in comparison to all the toys we have bought that have bought countless pleasure and orgasms.

Have to say we've had quite a lot of toys that don't hit the mark, but when you find one that does - wow!

I think each toy will work for someone. The problem is finding the ones for you.

The most disappointments we have had is butt plugs. We've found out there is a very small amount of butt plugs that make us feel full, but also that feel safe to wear out. That's why when we found one that worked, we bought a number of examples.

The other things we struggled with was wands. Battery ones for me were useless, and so were some of the mains ones. We've got one now that blows my mind, but a great deal of money down the line.

Ms. D wrote:

It was actually this one. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=41262 I found I need to go with the shorter cages since I'm a grower, not a shower. Like the CB-6000S is a good length for comfort. The CB-6000 allows for too much expansion which has caused some very painful experiences.

I looked at the device you linked and it definitely looks high quality. But the only ring they have is the 1.75" one, and that diameter is the one that cuts of circulation. If they made a 1.875" ring, I'd probably give it a try and maybe I would have had better luck with the one I got.

Wow, I would never let that thing any where near me lol, not overly big by any stretch of the imagination, but that looks painful.

I agree with your comment, the ring could have been made bigger or at least came with different sizes.That said, with lots of lube it does eventually fit well.

For me it was book. I purchase a massage book from LH and it was disappointing. The writing lacks depth. Same for another book by 2 Knotty... (from Amazon).

I spent a small fortune on these 'toys', I'm not sure on the rules here reguarding posting other websites but if you google 'plastic chastity' the pink and white coloured one (2nd image) is the best thing I have, Just do some shopping about for a good price.

LH dont have a lot of cheap options when it comes to this / sissy fetish so I dont think they'll mind this post *I hope*

This is why Lovehoneys old returns policy was so good.

I've ordered two cages from LH.

The first one was in soft silicone and was basically useless. I've tried it on 2-3 guys and they all could easily get out of it. If they got an erection, the cage would just move/ flex/ come off to accomodate it. In the end, I sold it (way cheaper) to an acquaintance https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37793

I'm currently waiting for the second one to arrive, and really hope it works better. I've had a similar cage (not bought on LH) that worked well enough, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37646

I hadn't noticed that bondage items aren't covered by LH's return policy. That's a bummer!

Wow, I would never let that thing any where near me lol, not overly big by any stretch of the imagination, but that looks painful.

I agree with your comment, the ring could have been made bigger or at least came with different sizes.That said, with lots of lube it does eventually fit well.

It actually wasn't painful at all to wear when flacid. Oh yeah, I had no issue getting into the ring, It's when your testes begin to take on a blue hue that you realize circulation is being cut off and that isn't healthy at all.

Smultron wrote:

I've ordered two cages from LH.

The first one was in soft silicone and was basically useless. I've tried it on 2-3 guys and they all could easily get out of it. If they got an erection, the cage would just move/ flex/ come off to accomodate it. In the end, I sold it (way cheaper) to an acquaintance https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37793

I'm currently waiting for the second one to arrive, and really hope it works better. I've had a similar cage (not bought on LH) that worked well enough, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37646

I hadn't noticed that bondage items aren't covered by LH's return policy. That's a bummer!

The silicone one is a similar design to the CB brand model. I actually use the silicone shaft of the shorter model with the hard plastic base and adapters for the CB. The end result is comfort, ease of stealth, but it still keeps things held back. You can still get semi hard though and since it's pliable silicone, it can be defeated at that point. I don't use the CB shaft due to issues I've had. That being said, they are worth the cost for the adaptability and difficulty related to defeating the cage.

That being said, the impound looks intriguing. They even have a ring size that would work for me, though I'm not sure if issues would come up being a grower not a shower. I know I could fill the cage, but the urethral tube may cause issues if the lube dries and it's going back and forth over it during the day. Be careful of the hinge at the bottom. I've seen reports of pinching from other reviews.

I’ve loved everything from love honey. But I recently got a medium sized vibe by rocks off and it was like listening to a dentist drill lol This was bought from amazon and they advertised it as quiet. Luckily they just have me a refund and I threw it in the bin. It was really buzzy too which is type to send me numb.

EmmaC1989 wrote:

I’ve loved everything from love honey. But I recently got a medium sized vibe by rocks off and it was like listening to a dentist drill lol This was bought from amazon and they advertised it as quiet. Luckily they just have me a refund and I threw it in the bin. It was really buzzy too which is type to send me numb.

Haha this reminds me of my first vibrating underwear I bought no way could I go shopping, It was way to loud you could even hear it while I was walking down the town. People were looking![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif) I threw away the bullet vibrator and kept the thong.

This was the days before Lovehoney.

My wife bought some vibarting underwear a year back and we actually went to the movies. Lucky it was an empty theater because that thing was loud as hell when I randomly turned it on... Made my wife squeak too.

My Lovehoney purchashing graph looks a bit like the coronavirus one ;-)

A few small purchases to begin with, followed by a whopping great surge, tailing off now I have tried enough to home in on my favourites.

Which does leave me with quite a pile of things I'm not sure will be used again... they were good to try but I know exactly what I like now and there is enough variety in there. Always open to trying new things, but not sure what to do with old, discarded ones...

There is a pefectly understandable distaste around selling secondhand sex toys, but it does seem a waste just to chuck out those which didn't quite hit the spot or which have been upgraded.

I can under the distaste, but frankly as someone who struggles with money I’d welcome some safe sites or places to buy second hand toys, because I’ve seriously considered doin so. Anything metal or glass I’d say is virtually 100% safe I’d say and I’d snap up those sorts of things in a heartbeat (if I could afford it). I think there should be less stigma around the idea provided it’s done safely, because everyone wants to experiment. And it would be far more environmentally friendly.

There was a thread about this a while ago that may interest you - lots of mixed views but I agree with you, much more eco friendly too.

Would you buy second hand?