Discolored Spot on Silicone Plug safety

have a competitor oval plug for a year now and it has a pink spot on it now, its one of my favorites. I accidentally stored it next to a cheap pink PVC plug, from what I can see there are no cuts…

It’s 100% silicone always used water based lube. I washed it over and over properly, can I still use this toy anally safely?

Thanks

Penny.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m afraid I wouldn’t risk it. If the silicone has become discoloured then it sounds like the “non porous” surface of the silicone has been damaged. This means that section can now let bacteria in. If you can boil the plug to fully sterilise it after each use it will probably be fine but a quick wash and wipe over with sex toy cleaner probably won’t cut it anymore. Sorry :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Pigment transfer, personally id keep using it, just clean as normal.

2 Likes

Some types of silicone toys are buggers for sticking to each other but it’s not a health hazard as such.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club @Penelope25

Personally keep the toys away from each other as they can cause problems - and I would not try to use it now in case it’s not safe

:lovehoney_heart:

Sorry for the late reply! I think I do agree with it just being a pigment transfer because I inspected it heavily and contacted the customer service (and they reached out to their supervisors and said it was safe as well…

However, it has been some time and I rather be safe than sorry I will not use it Thanks everyone!

Yeah it was a huge mistake (one of those days your head is caught up) and my room was messy and I didn’t realize until I was just gonna use it again which was like a week later :frowning:

We have all done it - use it and throw it into a drawer - but in the past a toy was on some spilt baby oil in my drawer - the silicone just fell off next time I grabbed it - sad times :sob:

1 Like

It really gets me mad because (I never once used that cheap plug I think I got it as a gift and one day I was just rushing and kind of horny… ) :x

I’ll get something akin to it, any thoughts on whats similar to an all silicone competitor oval plug but here at love honey?

UPDATE

I was cleaning it with just peroxide and waited and boiling water and waited and came back to it and the spot actually got smaller and cleaner… so maybe it is a pigment thing

the customer service said “As long as its not melted or damaged”

but yeah PVC is an UGLY ish nasty its just cheap for like training I feel.

Hmmm It doesn’t smell like nasty PVC or anything.

Thanks everyone

So the reason the spot gets less is as you probably know Peroxide is a bleaching agent.

Yes it’s actually an oxidizing agent I believe to be pragmatically and semantically correct. anything from sodium hydroxide to any chemical I have worked so hard to just learn in life. I dont even say heart attack I say cardiac infarction. It’s mild bleach and very good for teeth!

my mother a while back actually got mad when I was a teen for using it and yeah but it took a lot of scrubbing I 30% hydrogen peroxide is hard to get even if you have a hazmat license.

on the other thread, I was hesitant about doing the intimidator or Anal stretcher from doc Johnson not cause of pain, just cause the materials…

Actually perfect question I’ve had both the rumpy + from DJ and that just sitting… I am gonna hop on it today. to be honest life is too short and I barely get time on my hands so thank you for like reassuring my mindset, the Rumpy smells so bad it doesn’t matter if you hit this thing with industrial chems (not that I would ) the smell wont ever go away and many have said that lol, so Ill try the Intimidator thanks!

1 Like

if in doubt throw it and buy a new one , the risk just isn’t worth it being either discoloured like that or having cuts in the skin .
you just don’t know even if you wash it well .
all my toys have their own bags

1 Like

Thank you lovey, I actually did end up getting rid of it. hard work forever pays and I can splurge a little bit right now

and yeah you are right, If I loved it, I can just buy it again ( I can always work hard to obtain the money but not my health absolutely )

I actually may even go for a bigger size hehe ! Sometimes I wish LH sold everything too, because I’ve actually had issues with places like UberKinky and the customer service… thats why I really enjoy it here.

and yeah, UberKinky told me they checked with their supervisor and that should be fine ( they also messed up my size on my MEO/247 plug and neglected my ticket, shipped it and told me their was nothing they can do… It was well within early time and their business hours.

But yeah thats a diff story thank you again my love. I appreciate that you care.