Discreet Delivery/Packaging

Wow.. I think I'd be traumatised if that happened to me.. The good thing is my partner has his own house and makes sure his mom calls before she comes round (she has a set of keys). She's not allowed to just walk in either- has to knock. =P

I can imagine why the "popping" stuck out. Good for you guys though.. Glad you got through it and forgot (for the most part). I worry about things like crazy so it may take a while but atleast I know it's a work-in-progress.

Have to admit I get the FDA law etc but I equally wouldn't be impressed if this turned up, or the fact that LH doesn't warn you that this will be indicated on the box. There are ways of wording things!

In respect of packages coming with secret phrase , I had this convo with my OH. Surely our postie must be beginning to wonder why the same shaped packages keep arriving for me from the same place lol

WandA - wow - now that is trauma!!!

OH had a little rant about the packaging today- I guess it was just the fact that it was a little misleading..

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/plain-packaging/

It doesn't clarifty that the discreetness is guaranteed for the UK only.

Also, "All orders are sent in plain packaging. There's absolutely no way of telling what's inside the parcel or who the sender is. Your purchase is 100% for your eyes only."

Bit late for you now hun, but perhaps LH could re-word to include parcels that will be sent overseas / USA

I know, I just get moments where it's a little annoying when I think back on it.

The package is still at his mom's house lol.

(Off-topic: WandA, that is an amazing story!)

Maybe LoveHoney should mention this, even have a message pop up during the checkout process if the user has selected an American address?

The L-H Tra-ding thing is also funny - people mention it so often online in its full form that if you google it a lot of the first few results are all about sex toys. That's why you'll notice that on the LoveHoney site it's often shown as an image of text rather than actual text. Still, it is better than having LOVEHONEY printed all over the package!

Also, a day to be sent to America? What the hell?! Wow...

Shipment Dates:
Ship date

Dec 29, 2010
Delivery date

Dec 30, 2010 12:25 PM

Yup, it usually takes 3-4 days delivery with FedEx but they were super quick with this package.

I always track my parcels if I can too- my obsessive nature. >.<

Hello, having a discreet package is of utmost importance to me. The only reason I would use LoveHoney is in order to obtain a discreet package. The reason that I need a discreet package is that it would be processed in my university's mail room, and needless to say... I don't want sex toy written all over it. If I were to purchase a Pulse II Solo from you guys, would anything be written on the package that would violate the discreetness?

I should probably clarify, I am in the United States as well.

Discreet Pleasures wrote:

Hello, having a discreet package is of utmost importance to me. The only reason I would use LoveHoney is in order to obtain a discreet package. The reason that I need a discreet package is that it would be processed in my university's mail room, and needless to say... I don't want sex toy written all over it. If I were to purchase a Pulse II Solo from you guys, would anything be written on the package that would violate the discreetness?

Hi Discreet Pleasures

You can find out exactly what our parcels look like if you follow this link

We have lots of students shop with us via UniDays and we ship to universities all the time. 

No matter what you buy from us, it is always packaged in a plain brown box, or a blank jiffy bag. 

Alternatively, if you're still concerned, you could opt for the Local Collect option to save it going to your uni. This way you can collect it from your local Post Office instead :) 

So nothing is written on the box when it's sent into the United States?

As per this thread, it seems like that isn't the case. I imagine those things change over time though.

Thanks!

Discreet Pleasures wrote:

So nothing is written on the box when it's sent into the United States?

As per this thread, it seems like that isn't the case. I imagine those things change over time though.

Thanks!

Hi There

FedEx parcels have a barcode that can be scanned and the customs declarence is electronically received .The warehouse manually upload this information when packing parcels.

So it is not stamped over the parcel.

USPS will state novelty item and I am just checking with the warehouse management if at any point they may declare any lubricants still on the new CN22 label.

USPS parcels are packed in the plain brown boxes and the FedEx parcels are in the signature Fedex parcels I hope that helps and as Jess has mentioned we have a video on how the parcels look here :

http://www.lovehoney.com/help/plain-packaging/

I am sorry the information is confusing here as I say it is a super old post and things have changed since these days. 

I will come back once I get more details. 

***Confirmation from warehouse management , The CN22 label will state novelty item only *** 

I live in the US and I order ALOT and the customs labels state "novelty item"

It would be nice if the word choice was not screaming sex toy but that could be my paranoia at times.I am sure my postman has seen worse.

I have commented prior it would be nice on lingerie orders for it up state "clothing"

But I don't manage IT and labeling so not sure how realistic that is.

Thank you for all of the help!

Definitely glad this has changed over time :)

I just looked at several of my lovehoney order boxes from the past few months and wanted to confirm ALL stated "novelty item" on the customs label. Even the order with lube in it. But I did the standard shipping, not Fed Ex.

Nymeria wrote:

*Sigh* My latest order from LH has been bittersweet.

Sweet- It was delivered extremely quickly; it took just a day for it to be delivered to the US.

Bitter- Well.. My order was being sent to my partner's mother's house (as the delivery address was more accessible). I had already ordered from LH before and sent stuff out there so the discreetness should have been carried through, right? Wrong.

On the packaging was labeled "Lubricants and Novelty Toys". I'm sorry, LH but there is NOTHING discreet about this. I was quite upset at first to hear this as his mother knows it was me who sent it.. and he admitted it. Went down with him telling her not to open it.. and her answering "well, yeah, it says....... on the front" *cringe*. He got mad lol. I don't know how I'll be able to face her when I go over again.

Yes, it's quite funny (I'm still deeple embarassed) but I was expecting 100% discreetness. =[

I ordered several items from LH, one of which was a "http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34069 (not small by any means). All items arrived intact, but in an open padded envelope that has compromised my Privacy. I was appalled to receive my bundle of loose toys in a flimsy paper bag like that. Having emailed my complaint to LH I get the usual mantra about " taking their customer's privacy very seriously", but no mention of restoring My Privacy, that is priceless to me. All items were in perfect order as advertised, but this exposure has drawn a dark cloud over this companie's true meaning of the word DISCREET. Needless to say I won't be back again. Just be aware of those real values you may be putting at risk.

Old Customer wrote:

Nymeria wrote:

*Sigh* My latest order from LH has been bittersweet.

Sweet- It was delivered extremely quickly; it took just a day for it to be delivered to the US.

Bitter- Well.. My order was being sent to my partner's mother's house (as the delivery address was more accessible). I had already ordered from LH before and sent stuff out there so the discreetness should have been carried through, right? Wrong.

On the packaging was labeled "Lubricants and Novelty Toys". I'm sorry, LH but there is NOTHING discreet about this. I was quite upset at first to hear this as his mother knows it was me who sent it.. and he admitted it. Went down with him telling her not to open it.. and her answering "well, yeah, it says....... on the front" *cringe*. He got mad lol. I don't know how I'll be able to face her when I go over again.

Yes, it's quite funny (I'm still deeple embarassed) but I was expecting 100% discreetness. =[

I ordered several items from LH, one of which was a "http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34069 (not small by any means). All items arrived intact, but in an open padded envelope that has compromised my Privacy. I was appalled to receive my bundle of loose toys in a flimsy paper bag like that. Having emailed my complaint to LH I get the usual mantra about " taking their customer's privacy very seriously", but no mention of restoring My Privacy, that is priceless to me. All items were in perfect order as advertised, but this exposure has drawn a dark cloud over this companie's true meaning of the word DISCREET. Needless to say I won't be back again. Just be aware of those real values you may be putting at risk.
Sorry to hear that Old Customer, but on the occasions where LH send out smaller items in jiffy bag they are most definitely sealed very securely. If it's arrived opened, them you should be directing your complaint to Royal Mail as it's one of their staff that has ripped it open.

I am ever so sorry to hear this has happened.

My colleague in CC has passed this on the warehouse manager as advised in the most recent email.They will discuss with the the up most importance of discreet and secure packing for our customers to ensure they are follwoing the processes we have to keep items secure. 

It may have been damaged/opened in transit and we will raise this with Royal mail too as this is not acceptable. 

It may be worth contacting your local postal service to raise a further complaint so that they are aware this is happening through the postal service. 

I am terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you and I am sorry to hear this has put you off shopping with us. These cases are extremely rare and we do take them very seriously. 

My sincere apologies to you Old Customer