Disposable toys

As a couple we've just tested two disposable toys and I was wondering what other peoples views on them are because ours are very mixed.

In the male market the main company I can think of is Tenga (?), I haven't actually had chance to test one of these but from what I've read people like them. Disposable cockrings are another big one, and nowadays they're widely available in Tesco's.

With male toys I'm guessing the reason is that you can use flimsier materials that feel a lot better but just wouldn't cut it if you decided to get it out everyday (or week or whatever)...BUT in my opinion the toy I tested wasn't even in the same league as the sensation I get from my new fleshlight and with tenga's being circa £9 (ish?) and FL's being around £35 (for the basic pink lady) the cost of the disposables soon stack up if you're more than just a one-off user. With this in mind I can't really see the economic sense in buying disposables.

And then we get to the biggy; Is it a really a good idea to buy something that will in the near future end up straight in the bin and probably won't ever be recycled?

Personally I/we think not, how about you lot?

I'm rather against them for the reason that they're not intended for much use. To me, when I buy a toy I want lots of enjoyment out of it, and being disposable means that's not gonna happen.

The cheaper ones I dont mind as much, like the basics range. They're good 'testers' - you can buy one for a few quid to see if you like it before paying out for something which is gonna last.

As for the more expensive ones, like alot of the Tenga toys, I find them quite disappointing since I'd love to buy one for my BF but £9 is far too much to spend on a toy which is only intended for one use. I know you can reuse them if you look after them, but they're not intended to be kept forever and that severely puts me off buying one.

Agreeable on all accounts here but maybe some people don't wish to keep sex toys/aids around the house at all even if they're privacy is guaranteed and like the idea of disposal and being able to buy a disposable as and when. So with your long life toy and disposable toy all tastes are catered for! Plus some folk may not be able to afford a higher priced yet longer used toy therefore the cheaper disposable is available to enable them to enjoy a toy as much as a person who can afford a better version.

SG69 x

Nexas wrote:

TBH I recently got gifted some Tenga Eggs and I used them, they were fantastic and...I cleaned them out. I figure I can actually probably get 2-3 uses out of them rather than just the one!

Hear here Nex! I'm a tight bastard though and can get at least 4 uses out of them! LOL

SG69 x

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Hear here Nex! I'm a tight bastard though and can get at least 4 uses out of them! LOL

SG69 x

That's not what I heard External Media

Ever since I saw that documentary presented by Jack Johnson a year or 2 back, where there was one beach in the Hawaiian chain that was festooned with all sorts of plastic that the local birdlife was eating, I have tried to buy consume less. My ideal toy would be one of those wooden dildos but they are soooo expensive - and before anyone says, yes I live with a woodworker but it's the old adage of "the cobbler's wife wears no shoes" External Media

i think its pretty cool for things like cock rings and some of the small clit vibes as i sometimes get bored with toys so atleast when youve used all the life you can easily get rid.

and to be honest i think i understand why alot of mens toy are disposable after reading some post on here, men dont seem to be very good at keeping there toys clean, healthy and in a good condtion.

Dxx

Well I suppose the design of men's and women's toys are different. Women's toys are long and straight and its the outside thats used for stimulation, so they're easy to clean in that respect. On the other hand, men's toys have all the exciting stuff inside and it's all bumps and nobbles so they're difficult to get to and clean.

I can kind of see the point of disposable toys if you want a cheap thrill every now and then rather than something for regular use, but as I'm sure all of us on here are regular users, I dont think they're economical. Even if you get 4 uses out of it, you're still talking £2.25 a use which I dont think is worth it. This is the eggs, we're talking about too. If memory serves me its even more for the onacup style ones.

Yes, you're looking at £55 for a fleshlight and even more for one of the proper Tenga ones, but from regular use that pays for itself.

Yeah iv tried the used once tanga eggs and didnt really rate them plus paying £9 and then chucking it away kind of hurt I much prefer my fleshlights :D they are well worth the cost and very easy to clean.

which is good for us men which has been mention that we are not very good at cleaning things, Iv never had any problems with the fleshlights and iv had some of them for 2 years, the only toy iv had problems with is the tanga fliphole because there are parts of it u cant get to be able to dry it propperly like between the silicon and the plastic.

diamonds wrote:

men dont seem to be very good at keeping there toys clean, healthy and in a good condtion.

I have to say one of the big gripes I've always had with my FL's is that they aren't quite as easy to clean as suggested. Or more to the point; they're a pain to dry out.

Iv bought a fleshlight drying stand u can get it from fleshlight.co.uk

but I normally run hot water though it and dry it with a hand tow pulling it though the middle

that always does the trick

I think the tenga eggs are good for a naughty present & the basics type toys are good for experimenting/travelling/a cheap thrill but I would much rather get a toy that lasts longer than 30 mins! I think with the eggs it's nice to have all the different sensations just as a change from ones usual toy(s) x