Disposal of Sex Toys

Bit of an old topic really, but does anyone know how to ethically and discreetly recycle an old vibrator. Without just popping it in the Green Recycling Box for the bin men.
Is the Rabbit Amnesty still happening?
All i can find is a dead link.

Very sadly, the rabbit amnesty is no longer a thing which is such a pity as, I agree, it was brilliant. Not only ethical disposal but you also earned points towards new toys.

These days, for me, non electrical toys go in my green (non recycling) bin. Anything with rechargeable batteries goes to the local recycling centre, which has a place for “small electrical goods”. You’d have to look up what your nearest site that takes electricals is but this is easy online (assuming you’re UK based). Admittedly, it’s not the most discrete but head held high and, maybe, only one large bag full at a time :rofl:.

I’ve never thrown out metal or glass toys but the thought of popping a glass dildo along to the bottle banks along with the wine bottles is now amusing me. I wonder what colour you’d put a blue glass dildo in?

2 Likes

Trip to the councils amenity tip, then discreatly pop it into the small electronic skip…

We usually place our toys at the bottom of our recycling box, although two weeks ago our broken vibrating cock ring was discovered by the dustmen, who left it on top of our bin for all to see. They must have thought this hilarious. :rofl: We didn’t mind if it brightened their work day and it didn’t embarrass us if the neighbours saw it. Sex toys are part of most modern couples sex lives aren’t they?

1 Like

Our bin men never see what’s in the bins. They wheel it over to the lorry and lock it in place still with the lid down. The machine picks the bin up and tilts it and thats the point at which the lid opens. You can’t actually see what the contents are at any point.