Do Kegel Excersises work?

eriansky wrote:

Yes they do !! i love love love my love balls lol and they do make a difference :)

i recently bought (off here) the pretty glass one but i need heavier to really test my muscles lol as these ones stay put with ease and having had a baby 11 months ago wanted to get all back to normal or better !! so what ones do you girls recomend?

thanks xx

I have the Tracy Cox ones, and they are fairly good actually. I havent had them for toop long, but I can definitely feel the difference for the strength of my orgasms!

I'll be writing my review on them next week when I have finished my essays.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20747

Newly launched today! 3 different styles for "easy, medium and hard" exercises meaning you can tailor your regime to how much practise you've had and only £35 for Jejoue (great quality brand)

Can't vouch for them, as I've no idea how good they are, but they look pretty good value to me!

Adxx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

The way it was explained to me by my gynaecological physio was this: doing kegals doesn't necessarily make your muscles "relax" more in themselves. You can only relax so much. But what they can do, with exercises such as the ones I've described above (tensing for 10 releasing for 10, 10 times) is your body learns to 1) have better *control* over the muscles and therefore finds it easier to switch them "off" on demand so to speak, and 2) realise the difference in sensation between relaxed and contracted so you can recognise subconcious contraction such as that you've described. You can also remind your body once you've been doing them for a while by, before sex (when relaxation of the muscles is important for initial penetration) doing a round of exercises, reinforcing the difference between tense and relaxed.

The difference in exercise techniques is for strength of muscle you tense for long periods of time, for control, you tense on and off several times but in shoter bursts.

Adxx

Ah, thank you. That makes sense! I did mean trying to have control of the muscles. =]

I think I have strong muscles as I can "grip" well and when I want.. just the control aspect in relaxing initially.

Are there any kegel exercisers that stand out and are of good value? The ben wa balls seem to be a popular option.. should of snapped one up in the sales..

xXx

I've never used them, but I've real problems since I'm far too small "down there" I don't think I'd ever get on with them so can't offer much advice I'm afraid!

I will say, I don't think you really need them if you're doing the exercises correctly but some people find the reminder to do the exercises/weight of the balls can help them do the exercises.

Adx

I tend to just do the exercises and that works for me, I have some ben-wa balls but whilst they may work in a toning muscle sense, altho I don't know, they defnitely don't do anything for me in a sexual way, unlike many of the reviews I read on here, no idea why that is?

I do like the look of the JeJoue ones tho, I might have to get them, just to see, haha!

ive been thinking about geting some of the ben-wa balls as they seem a fun way to exersise them muscles! ive not been to consistent with the exersise's so uve never seen an improvement

*bump*

Having read through a few Kegel based threads, thought would bump in order to ask my question, altho not sure anyone, except maybe Hella, will be able to help?

I'm just wondering which would be recommended between the Ami by Je Joue balls and the Lelo Luna Beads? They seem quite similar to me in terms of quality etc, and have been thinking of buying for ages now, as evidenced by my above post in January, oops....

I imagine they're both good, so it's personal preference but any insights would be great :) The fact that the Lelo is available on Oh points is making me lean slightly that way, but if the Je Joue were to be added there then I would be back to square one...

Any help most appreciated, thanks everyone x

Hi MTC :o)

I don't own either, so can't offer any personal experience, but i think it depends on how strong your pelvic floor is already.

Comparing weights and sizes i think Ami would offer you more of a challenge and give you further to progress to as the heaviest Ami weight is 106g and only 1.1in diameter compared to the heaviest weight you could achieve with the Luna would be 74g with a diameter of 1.4in.

Anyone with a very weak pelvic floor may be better with the Luna as you could start off with just one of the 28g balls and work up slowly from there.

Let us know which you choose and how you get on with it x

I've read a few review based blogs that have tried both the Je Joue and the Luna beads. I've only tired to Luna beads.

Most of the bloggers who have tried both seem to prefer the Luna beads as they are more comfortable.

I'll try and find the reviews and link them here.

Though I really like the Luna beads compared to all the other kegel balls I've tried, and I've tried some with a similar shape and cord to the Ami and just getting along with them as well as I do with the Luna beads.

Hello,

The Je Jou gives more challenge, but as someone who is new to this, I did not have that weak muscles but not the strongest either. I am bit scared that the jumps in them are big by about 30-40g while the Lelo gives more graduate progress and I can more easily lower the weight if need be, eg. after some time of not using them or based on what I am doing. So I have the Lelo Luna and thinking about the other set in the future when I am more secure with Kegel exercises

Thanks everyone, I think I may go Lelo, purely cos they're on Oh points so won't actually cost me anything :)

I shall try and use them more regularly too, I have a cheap set and don't use them often, and they usually always end up giving me chronic stomach ache, so perhaps am doing it wrong, haha...

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Thanks everyone, I think I may go Lelo, purely cos they're on Oh points so won't actually cost me anything :)

I shall try and use them more regularly too, I have a cheap set and don't use them often, and they usually always end up giving me chronic stomach ache, so perhaps am doing it wrong, haha...

If you have chronic stomach pain you may be overdoing it - too heavy and for too long. I would start with lower weight for shorter time and work it up by doing it regularly! Dont know what set you have but I do find Luna beads more comfortable to wear than my cheap ones and you can easily choose lower weight, especially if you dont wear them often.

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

If you are getting stomach ache it can be for a few reasons. Like Laveila said, you might be over doing it - it's a workout after all. Two you bladder might be full, never do kegels when you need the toilet. Three, some peoples breathing patterns affect kegels, leading to overly tense muscles. Four it's the wrong time of the month.

There's loads of reasons really. But maybe these things are something to consider. Kegels are a form of exercise and will tire your body in certain ways. There are certain methods to build to using kegel balls while walking about. :)

Bumb.

I have been lately working really hard for month on archaeological excavation, about 9-10 hours a day, lifting really heavy buckets (15-20kg or sometimes even heavier things) and doing some really hard work. I did wear sometimes my Luna beads in the evenings, but rarely, as I got home after being away for 12 hours, had to wash myself, cook, clean etc. and I just forgot.

After the month I do find it harder to keep the Kegels in, I can, but especially the first half an hour I have to really focus on tightening my pelvic floor muscles, before my body starts to do it automatically. I wonder if it is a result of having the muscles really relaxed as thats what they did while I was lifting all those heavy loads.

I sometimes had to get 15kg bucket full of soil out of trench 1.5m deep, which was very hard to do, especially after doing it all day and then I had to get myself out of the trench too, as guys called me weak and refused to pass me a ladder. So I guess I really need to do kegels, I am naturally tight and i dont normally have issues, but one month of doing this with only about 4 days off and my muscles seems to go erh... not sure weaker is the right word, but... less tight

I am not sure how much I can lift. I know 15kg above my head is about what I can do. Especially after a month with little break. Lifting things lower... would be more. I think my limit is about the 50 or so. Lifting. But I carried 70kg total when moving places, but that was dragging 2 luggage behind me and some on my back.

And really you are not a weakling. My landlady could not lift my luggage, which was about 30kg. I am not as trained as you are, but I guess I am still more than lot of people.

Still I am down to the lightest beads and I feel soo bad about it, but it seems the easiest, as I really have to concentrate on it now.

Actually even a day after work, while only working in the library stopped the issue of me having to concentrate and I can carry them easily. Not doing it now, as I am in my time of the month, but I will start again next week.

I am also noticing that I dont tend to suffer so much during my period. I am still wondering if its luck, or something more. I do feel pain, but it does not tend to be as bad as it used to. Any idea if it could be Kegel exercises related and how? Sorry if I sound stupid.

Feel really bad posing this question, would you be upset if your partner bought you a kegel exerciser. I've been tempted to buy one for the OH, but she might take it as a criticism. Whats your thoughts?

Drix22 wrote:

Feel really bad posing this question, would you be upset if your partner bought you a kegel exerciser. I've been tempted to buy one for the OH, but she might take it as a criticism. Whats your thoughts?

I personally wouldn't be offended. You could maybe give them to your OH and explain that you just want to give her as much pleasure as you can, and that repeated use of them can increase the strength and intensity of her orgasms?

I brought a set for my little lady not because she was loose slack or however you'd like to word it . But for two reasons firstly after reading a few post it seemed it was meant to help increase the sensation of her own orgasam and secondly because i am a bit of a perv a really fancied the idea of her wearing them when we go out shopping walking or anywhere really the more inappropriate the better