Do Kegel Excersises work?

We've been thinking about Kegels - and have gotten varied replies. Do they help? Make things better? Or just not worth the effort? Thoiughts? Tips? Tricks? Any advise would help.

They do indeed!

• I find it can be more effective if you have something inside.
  • It's also important to try and use those muscles in isolation. No cheating and using your buttocks and stomach.
  • Don't do these exercises whilst you urinate. You might encourage the urine to back up in your system.
  • Be religous and do them every day. Ten seconds flex ten seconds relax. Build up from there
  • Try squeezing and releasing as slowly as possible and focus on the pleasure this might give you.

Pleasure aside they are great for the health of your pelvic floor.

Here is a great woman talking about her kegel story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK5_Q0z0tVQ

She, like many, has doctors advise kegel exercises after surgery to recover the strength she lost to use her bladder properly.

A lot of people have talked about their experiences with one product here

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/orgasm-army/sexual-health/109-kegels/

And if you want to accesorize there is always the LH range.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/store.cfm?cat=1348

This website has a lot of info for a begginer

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119

And once you're a pro you can check out some variations

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T012200.asp

I am a bit lazy when it commes to doing them but when i do it gives me the shudders. Would look funny in the que at the bank Lol

Do these typew of excersises do anything for my man? What can he do to be better? I don't want to do ALL the work! haha.

Improving you kegels will give you a lot more control of your orgasms. You can also grip the penis more efficiently which some men find incredible. Lover boy told me that his favourite thing I do is 'that squeezy thing.' No reason not to exercise with him inside you.

There are kegel exercises for men too that can improve his staying power. They are very similar and these links are very helpful.

http://www.kegelexercisesformen.com/kegel_exercises_for_men.html

http://www.penishealth.com/articles/male_kegel_exercises.html

JohnAndMoni wrote:

We've been thinking about Kegels - and have gotten varied replies. Do they help? Make things better? Or just not worth the effort? Thoiughts? Tips? Tricks? Any advise would help.

It does it does it does hehe!

I do them for painful sex, twice a day, tense as hard as you can then relax ten times holding each for ten seconds.

Tensing your kegals around your man can feel "weird and uncomfortable" so I'm told however I have REALLY strong muscles so you're best to try a little and gradually get stronger (good control practise there too) to make sure he's comfortable! I'm told some tensing can be a good thing especially on the verge of orgasm! He does love when he can feel me pulse during orgasm so maybe pulsing kegals would feel good?

Ax

Another big approval of kegels is how many toy manufacturers spend thousands of pounds trying to design toys that mimic that exact pulsing sensation that you can give your lover for the price of some easy exercise.

Some people swear by Ben Wa balls but I have yet to try them. So far I've found any insertable toy is a great kegel companion and when you're going solo, do them when you wait for the bus.

JohnAndMoni wrote:

Do these typew of excersises do anything for my man? What can he do to be better? I don't want to do ALL the work! haha.

yes the feeling of pulsing grips is pretty good. Men can do similar exercises... you can try and stop mid-stream when doing a wee and you can feel the muscle involved and then practise tensing / relaxing. It is meant to help maintain strong erections.

I?Puppies wrote:

JohnAndMoni wrote:

yes the feeling of pulsing grips is pretty good. Men can do similar exercises... you can try and stop mid-stream when doing a wee and you can feel the muscle involved and then practise tensing / relaxing. It is meant to help maintain strong erections.

But is bloody frustrating!External Media

My OH likes it when I squeeze when he's inside me. I do it as he's pulling out sometimes (well on the 'out' stroke) and he says it feels like I'm gripping onto him and pulling him back in because I don't want to let him go, so he likes it. I sometimes practice them - although not often tbh - by stopping peeing mid-stream and holding it a few seconds, then releasing, then stopping, and doing that til I'm all peed out!

I just repeatedly squeeze and release my kegal muscles randomly throughout the day...sometimes I sort of flutter them but squeezing and relaxing fast, other times I just see how long I can hold them clenched and other times I'll try and make them undulate from the outside in and vice versa. I find it very relaxing as long as I'm not thinking about it, if I start concentrating on the sensation for a minute or more then I get in very real danger of accidental orgasm lol

xxKPxx

KittyPurry wrote:

I just repeatedly squeeze and release my kegal muscles randomly throughout the day...sometimes I sort of flutter them but squeezing and relaxing fast, other times I just see how long I can hold them clenched and other times I'll try and make them undulate from the outside in and vice versa. I find it very relaxing as long as I'm not thinking about it, if I start concentrating on the sensation for a minute or more then I get in very real danger of accidental orgasm lol External Media

xxKPxx

slut.

External Media

Yes I do these exercises and I feel they have really helped (especially after childbirth) to make sure I retain the strength in my muscles and so not only control over the functionality but also full enjoyment in a sexual way External Media

If you're not comfortable doing kegels with something inside you, you may find it's useful to still have a vibrator between your legs. The vibrations might make you more aware of the sensations, and it also feels amazing.

Mistress Cara wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

I just repeatedly squeeze and release my kegal muscles randomly throughout the day...sometimes I sort of flutter them but squeezing and relaxing fast, other times I just see how long I can hold them clenched and other times I'll try and make them undulate from the outside in and vice versa. I find it very relaxing as long as I'm not thinking about it, if I start concentrating on the sensation for a minute or more then I get in very real danger of accidental orgasm lol External Media

xxKPxx

slut.

External Media

Yes I do these exercises and I feel they have really helped (especially after childbirth) to make sure I retain the strength in my muscles and so not only control over the functionality but also full enjoyment in a sexual way External Media

What toys do you use? I too have had children and although im not slack or anything i want to be tighter to increase the pleasure for my man hehe x

Kegel bump after Hella Rouge's article,

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/05/18/how-to-do-pelvic-floor-exercises-and-why-you-should/

and this thread encourages tips and tricks too. Cool.

Alicia D'amore wrote:

JohnAndMoni wrote:

I do them for painful sex, twice a day, tense as hard as you can then relax ten times holding each for ten seconds.

Tensing your kegals around your man can feel "weird and uncomfortable" so I'm told however I have REALLY strong muscles so you're best to try a little and gradually get stronger (good control practise there too) to make sure he's comfortable! I'm told some tensing can be a good thing especially on the verge of orgasm! He does love when he can feel me pulse during orgasm so maybe pulsing kegals would feel good?

Ax

Thought I'd bump this thread since viewing the new kegal exercise kit..

Just wanted to know if kegal exercises help with the actual relaxation of your muscles too? I'm guessing with the erm tightening effect it can also help with not tensing up when you want?

I can do the "squeeze" effect thing lol, probably due to the fact I was pretty inexperienced and I have stronger muscles there.. but it can work against me as I tense up unconsciously sometimes initially..

Thought Ad's post on the painful penetration thing is relevant but I wanted more direct info on that aspect..

xXx

I find kegels give me really good control at all stages. When you exercise any muscle you improve your control - so you can ensure they are relaxed for penetration and then control them as you use them to increase sensation and pleasure for both of you. I do find it true that stronger kegels = stronger orgasms.

In a word - yes. Mrs NL got back into fabulous shape () after childbirth through pilates and kegel excercises. You need to stick with them and do them 3x a day.

x X x wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

JohnAndMoni wrote:

Ax

Thought I'd bump this thread since viewing the new kegal exercise kit..

Just wanted to know if kegal exercises help with the actual relaxation of your muscles too? I'm guessing with the erm tightening effect it can also help with not tensing up when you want?

I can do the "squeeze" effect thing lol, probably due to the fact I was pretty inexperienced and I have stronger muscles there.. but it can work against me as I tense up unconsciously sometimes initially..

Thought Ad's post on the painful penetration thing is relevant but I wanted more direct info on that aspect..

xXx

The way it was explained to me by my gynaecological physio was this: doing kegals doesn't necessarily make your muscles "relax" more in themselves. You can only relax so much. But what they can do, with exercises such as the ones I've described above (tensing for 10 releasing for 10, 10 times) is your body learns to 1) have better *control* over the muscles and therefore finds it easier to switch them "off" on demand so to speak, and 2) realise the difference in sensation between relaxed and contracted so you can recognise subconcious contraction such as that you've described. You can also remind your body once you've been doing them for a while by, before sex (when relaxation of the muscles is important for initial penetration) doing a round of exercises, reinforcing the difference between tense and relaxed.

The difference in exercise techniques is for strength of muscle you tense for long periods of time, for control, you tense on and off several times but in shoter bursts.

Adxx

Yes they do !! i love love love my love balls lol and they do make a difference :)

i recently bought (off here) the pretty glass one but i need heavier to really test my muscles lol as these ones stay put with ease and having had a baby 11 months ago wanted to get all back to normal or better !! so what ones do you girls recomend?

thanks xx