Do you go to mixed sauna nude, and is it an erotic situation?

Do you go to mixed sauna etc. fully nude, among such a group of people, which assumes the social rules of ordinary people (approximately the rules of a nudist beach), so that any references to sexual interest would probably be reproached?

Is such mixed bathing in sauna a fully neutral experience, or does it happen that you assess the most elegant-looking bodies also with an erotic or even sexual interest?

3 Likes

I’ve never been to a mixed sauna but any saunas I have been to people are in swimsuits.

I think its only natural that people glance at each other but if the glance becomes a stare, its creepy, no matter where it is.

2 Likes

In the UK, any sauna I’ve been in has been swimsuited, but I have been to a number of saunas in Finland that are nude only, and everyone just is. It is the most natural thing in the world. I would only check people out in the same way I’d check them out normally, so there wasn’t particularly anything sexual about it, thoughts-wise.

2 Likes

Sauna only fully clothed. Definitely not sexual.
Many years ago I went to a gym and post workout use to love a session in the sauna, funny thing was a rather attractive lady would come in time to time and rub herself in what I could only describe as a come look at me.
To be fair I could have been over reading it but I found it very uncomfortable and use to leave when she arrived.

The only times I’ve been in a sauna were in a swimming costume and there was definitely never anything sexual - that’s just creepy!

3 Likes

Depends what you want.

There are plenty of mixed nude saunas around, I used to go to a local one regularly, and they were completely non-sexual.

There are other locations (one in Brighton comes to mind) that are definitely sexual.

Decide what you want and look online, most have reviews which should make it clear.

As a guy it is harder to find a single sex sauna that isn’t sexually orientated.

If there was a choice I would definitely go for a same sex sauna as mixed would make me uncomfortable and I just wouldn’t use it.

Saying that I’ve had sex in a sauna but it was just me and my hubby … hehe - a bit too hot though!

1 Like

I have been in a mixed nude sauna and a naturist place, nothing sexual at all. There are places you can go to where it is more sexual as said above.

I’ve not been to a nude sauna either but know people who have and they’ve said it was full of sexual fiddling and a few of my friends even said they felt not great being amongst it all plus it’s rife for catching STDs so have to be rather careful when getting into this sort of scene…
They all went to gay bath houses so not sure if the same can be spoken for the other sorts but defo worth thinking on rather than jumping right in.

Mrs. Val tells the story of doing a wine tour at a resort here in Canada with her mom a few years back before Covid… turns out it was “European Night” at the sauna when meant swimwear optional…

There were many without clothes and it was definitely not something erotic fantasies were made of… edited by mod

Done both.
Uk fully clothed, been to a sauna in berlin a few times now when over and its naked. There has been mention that said sauna is used as a warm up before going out clubbing etc and it can be intimating if youre not used to it.

I personally have never went to a sauna with the intention of being seedy. I was once, with an ex, just enjoying & relaxing but she had different ideas…being in my early 20s i went along & we had sex and foreplay in the sauna

I’ve been to nude saunas and generally they are absolutely not erotic, and I would really strongly recommend not approaching people at them. There are sexual saunas but they’re marketed as such. Generally nude saunas are common in cultures where nudity is just chill, it’s normal and natural and not sexual, so people expect you to behave accordingly.

We have been to mixed nude saunas all in the UK. Have to say that it’s the most relaxing time we have spent together. We were at one very recently.
We were both quite anxious to take the plunge but so glad we did. We have been around a lot of naked single guys, couples and everyone has been so respectful to each other.
Wife is body conscious and I have hang ups about flaccid penis size (plus on first occasion arousal).
Should have never had these worries at all!! All thoughts of an erection go very quickly. You see all shapes and sizes.
We have been to mixed nude saunas whereby you can be sexual if desired and some where it would be frowned upon.
Both so relaxing, would definitely recommend spending time at one if you are lucky to have a weekend away from the day to day chaos!!

1 Like

Being intersex and having gender issues, I would suppose my very presence would make a sauna “mixed company” no matter who was around. :smirk:

I don’t know where I’d even see a sauna. At least in my part of the USA, I don’t think it is a thing. If we want hot and steamy, we just go outdoors from May through early October. :rofl: All jokes aside, I probably wouldn’t really feel comfortable around strange people in a setting like that. I don’t intend to (or want to) get aroused by anybody other than my partners, and I don’t want them looking at me like that. I’m fine being naked outside, or even in the locker room of a female gym in days past, but there was pretty much an understanding that it wasn’t sexual.

Finnish person here. Saunas are not sexual at all. Typically women go with women, men with men but on occasion mixed. We see bodies of all ages, types and its never considered sexual in the least. Always nude.

2 Likes

We have been to mixed nude saunas in Germany and it’s quite normal. Apart from checking out other women who have varying levels of pubic hair there is not an overly sexual overtone going on. My wife and me have been to many saunas in Germany and found them relaxing rather than sexy. Yes there are big and small men as there are hairy and smooth women with big or small breasts.

1 Like