Do you help your OH get into latex?

Found out over Christmas that the missus has a bit of a thing for PVC and Latex (Thank you God!!!)

So I've ordered a Rubber Girl Latex Wear Mini Dress with Suspenders, latex stockings and gloves, and of course a tube of dressing aid.

Now here is my dilemma, I like surprise's, especially sexual ones, so do I help the OH wrap herself in latex and know how hot she is going to look, or do I let her get on with it, feel guilty because I can hear how hot she is getting struggling.

I will of course help her shinning and buffing ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif).

So people any advice?

Well you already know what she's going to be wearing and I bet you can imagine what she'll look like in it. So in this case I'd be a gentleman and help the poor lady into the dress. Latex can be really tricky to put on the first few times so I'm sure she'd appreciate it :)

She can always surprise you with it at a later date once she is comfortable dressing in it. Or indeed surprise you with a new piece of latex!

Lucky lady!

Maybe just see how much she can do herself without asking you for help. I hate asking my OH for help as it ruins the surprise for him in a way, even if he knows what I'll be wearing.

My order has just arrived, well done again LoveHoney.

Yeah you are right Lovebirds_x she's definitely going to need help getting into and out of this lot.

Would I be right in thinking you use the dressing aid on the person not the garment?

When it comes to PVC and Datex she should be able to slip the garments on and off with ease as they have a lining, but Latex is an entirely more challenging experience! 

What have you purchased as a dressing aid? Personally, I find talc is the best dressing aid for me and have always managed to get in and out of latex on my own. Yes its a fight sometimes, and it's not something you can just "throw on" spontaneously, but it's usually doable. 

If she's really having trouble on her own, I'd recommend she tries keeping the latex in a warm room before she tries to get it on as that will help it expand more easily. Also, it's worth noting that getting into latex is a 2 (or more) step process so shouldn't be rushed.

When I wear something latex, I cover myself pretty much head-to-toe in talc (anywhere where the garment needs to slide over basically - so for a latex teddy, I still talc my legs as it has to slide over them to reach its final destination).

Next, I get the outfit on my body as best I can, and STOP FIDDLING. (Fiddling just makes you hot and uncomfortable.)

The latex should be left to warm up on the body for a while (5-10mins) before being adjusted. Rather than just sit there, I use this time to do my hair/make up etc. Once the latex has had a chance to relax on her body she'll find it much easier to adjust it here and there and get a perfect finish. If I've got a particularly tricky garment, I'll often re-talc under the latex before trying to stretch and move it any more. 

Once I'm happy with how it feels and looks, then I rinse the excess talc off the outside of the latex and my body, and shine with silicone lube. Ta-da! :) 

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Lucky lady!

Maybe just see how much she can do herself without asking you for help. I hate asking my OH for help as it ruins the surprise for him in a way, even if he knows what I'll be wearing.

I'm the lucky one, bought the OH a latex suspender belt to go with some other bits and bobs for Christmas, and she loved it, instantly loved the feel of it. Which was nice😈.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

When it comes to PVC and Datex she should be able to slip the garments on and off with ease as they have a lining, but Latex is an entirely more challenging experience!

What have you purchased as a dressing aid? Personally, I find talc is the best dressing aid for me and have always managed to get in and out of latex on my own. Yes its a fight sometimes, and it's not something you can just "throw on" spontaneously, but it's usually doable.

If she's really having trouble on her own, I'd recommend she tries keeping the latex in a warm room before she tries to get it on as that will help it expand more easily. Also, it's worth noting that getting into latex is a 2 (or more) step process so shouldn't be rushed.

When I wear something latex, I cover myself pretty much head-to-toe in talc (anywhere where the garment needs to slide over basically - so for a latex teddy, I still talc my legs as it has to slide over them to reach its final destination).

Next, I get the outfit on my body as best I can, and STOP FIDDLING. (Fiddling just makes you hot and uncomfortable.)

The latex should be left to warm up on the body for a while (5-10mins) before being adjusted. Rather than just sit there, I use this time to do my hair/make up etc. Once the latex has had a chance to relax on her body she'll find it much easier to adjust it here and there and get a perfect finish. If I've got a particularly tricky garment, I'll often re-talc under the latex before trying to stretch and move it any more.

Once I'm happy with how it feels and looks, then I rinse the excess talc off the outside of the latex and my body, and shine with silicone lube. Ta-da! :)

Thanks for the tips, excellent advice.

I bought Pjur dressing aid, like the idea of putting your chosen outfit in a warm room, I'll try the airing cupboard.

Could you just get in a warm shower instead?

Would any sort of cloth work for shining?

So many questions..

You're welcome :) 

A lot of people get along with the Pjur dressing aid really well, so hopefully that will help. If it's not quite cutting it, could be worth trying talc on dry skin. Personally, I prefer it but everyone has they're own likes and dislikes. 

The airing cupboard is not a bad idea as long as you make sure the latex doesn't accidentally get too close to any pipes as it will melt. 

I've never tried getting into a warm shower with latex on but I can't see any reason why that wouldn't be perfectly fine to do..... Give it a try! :) 

When I shine latex I usually just clean the talc off with warm water and dry the surface with something like a cotton or microfiber cloth (just anything that won't leave behind fluffy bits or catch on the latex). Then you can either use the same type of material to buff it up with a latex polish, or just smother the outer surface with a silicone lube with your fingertips :) 

Wish I had seen Jess's sound advice before trying to get my latex gloves on 😁

Well no need to worry about the OH not attempting to get the job done on her own.

Comes in from work asks if we had a delivery, eyes up the default generic cardboard box then still half dressed in her office clothes, one latex stocking on, one glove on, whips off the blouse and skirt and with no dressing aid tries to pull the mini dress over her knickers. After much pulling, manipulation with hands and long hair getting caught between skins we kind of got it on. The dress.

From this small taste I know she is going to look delicious.

She says she has plans and I can't wait. 😈