Do you remember your first toy?

A tiny golden, plastic bullet that my sister bought me as a joke about 10years ago, I’m not sure we even used it. But we properly got into with Lovehoney a little while and now we are hooked!

1 Like

@wildflower our first foray into the world of sex toys sounds similar to this except it was only about 6 inches took a single AA battery and came from an advert in the back of a newspaper about 30 odd years ago.It was in all honesty awful but we are still glad we had it as later when the world of sex toys expanded we were not quite so daunted.Now we have Drawers full of different toys.

1 Like

Yep…i got lovehoneys pink butterfly knicker vibrator and the twin set of Tracy Cox glass dildos

1 Like

Oh yes! My first-ever sex toy was a g-spot vibrator. Not from Lovehoney, but it was purple and very similar to this: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34276

Overall I think it was a great choice and I would definitely recommend this or a similar toy for people who are looking for some g-spot or p-spot stimulation! :heart:

1 Like

@Delboy1991 When we got our first pathetic excuse of a vibrator things like that had not even been dreamed of ,if you had mentioned glass sex toys back then people would have thought you were mad.

2 Likes

The only toughened glass back in the day was “Pyrex” the thought of inserting glass would never have entered my mind or anywhere else for that matter…especially not a jug or mixing bowl anyhow…
:scream:

5 Likes

@CurvyJilly :rofl:

Rotating 7 inch rabbit.
I was very underprepared, eyes definitely bigger than vag in this case.

2 Likes

A basic cheap vibrator I got in a store very awkwardly with my mom present. My how things have changed, better toys and zero shame or awkwardness. I will say that cheap thing lasted for ever.

3 Likes

A blue jelly vagina shaped stroker from local sex shop just after i turned 18. Like when you wanted to be old enough to drink in a pub, my goal was the sex shop.
Now i own a more then necessary collection which is mostly due to lovehoney :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t think I got my own toys till we went to Erotica. I think it was a combination of a monkey spanker (rubbish) and an Aneros prostate massager (“it helps reduce risk of cancer”). The latter is still in the toy box and still is a work in progress!

1 Like

This thread has reminded me of all the hoo ha when The Hustler Megastore opened in Birmingham! It was very overpriced, a bit naff and didn`t last long!

1 Like

I bought a super cheap jelly dildo, not from lovehoney. The material was honestly so poor- lint and fluff always got stuck to it no matter how much I cleaned it. I learnt shortly after that it isn’t a great material either due to it being porous. Since getting rid of it, I’ve been hooked on silicone toys!

My first toy from lovehoney was a USB rechargeable mini wand vibrator- I still absolutely adore it to this day!

2 Likes

@BluePup you should have kept it and used it to remove lint and pet hair from your clothes! :wink:

5 Likes

@willc Haha I love this idea! I’ll stick to a lint roller for getting rid of my greyhounds hairs on my clothes ;))

3 Likes

This sounds just like what we started with but it came with a few other bits of rubbish.We are however very thankfull that we took the plunge when we did as it meant it was much less intimidating when the whole world of sex toys took off.

I remember buying my OH her first rabbit vibrator. I was going to work away for a couple of weeks and I surprised her with a toy before I went so she could still satisfy herself whilst I wasn’t there. She loved it and would send me videos of her using it to show me what I was missing. It made her want more toys she loved it that much now she’s got a large collection that she uses regularly whilst I’m not home and she really likes me using them on her aswell

2 Likes

Was over 40 years ago ! Also a pink 6" with the twist vibration adjuster . It had a firm core with flesh like outer coating . Battery life was limited to say the least . After a few uses the adjustment instead of minor to buzzy , went from off to maximum along with intermittent . My first toy for me was a stretchy cock ring , maybe 25 years ago .

2 Likes

It has to be the “classic” white plastic vibrator. Smooth at the top / ridges down the sides with a twist control at the base. It was either on or off… none of this varying speeds and modes :rofl:
Although that one is sadly no longer with us we have amassed a sizable collection over the years.

2 Likes

I just posted a pic of our first toy,yes we still have it though it is a good few years since it was last used.It will however always have a place in our hearts as it was an introduction to what is now a so much bigger world.