Do you remember your first toy?

Me snd the ex when to a sex shop snd bought a big variety pack of toys :joy:

First toy was a rainbow rocks off bullet (still have it somewhere). Got up the nerve to go Went to a highstreet store that sold toys, walked in, hadn’t a clue what 98% of what i was looking at was, snapped the bullet up as it looked unintimidating.

2 Likes

Looking back over this thread is really interesting as I am sure that the people starting out with sex toys now would be both amazed and horrified at the lack of choice even up to the 1980s.Not only was the choice very limited but so were the options of where to actually make your purchase.

2 Likes

I still have mine! It will be 19 years old later this year haha Admittedly I dont use it, its more a nostalgia thing. It’s an 8in purple pretty standard vibrator from a high street store. After I split with my first bf, I went straight to the shop the same week to get one, as he was always anti toys as “you dont need a bit of plastic to do a job a real cock can do better”. I disagree entirely, and tbf the toy was far better than him! Makes me smile when I see it in the drawer as I remember how against it all he was and how horrified he would be by my collection now!

2 Likes

I forgot about the toy that started it all, I didn’t buy it, I won it after a late night web site search I entered a competition to win a Fleshlight never thinking I’d win.

It’s a pretty lucky way to get started!

Yes I do it was a rampant rabbit … many many moons ago. I just remember it arrived whilst my parents were away and I then panicked over how the hell Id hide it. I also remember having to throw it in my glove compartment whilst driving to uni as I didn’t want them finding it whilst helping unpack boxes.

Mrs PB went to one of those competitors party as a student many years ago (pre-LH and pre-internet days !). She was desperate to buy her first toy but was too embarrassed and bottled out as the lady was taking the orders. 2 weeks later we had to do a lengthy round trip to London to buy one from their store.
When we got home couldn’t wait to get it out in my student room. A rather ugly, plastic phallus with a strong, rubbery smell :face_vomiting:. Anyway we stole all the batteries from the TV remote controls and locked ourselves away for a few hours - Great fun that afternoon :grin: :grin:
Have upgraded and expanded our collection since discovering lovehoney :innocent:

1 Like

I do remember as I was a student at college and a friends older sister invited us to a toy party so about 13 years ago. In the spirit of things and as I didn’t have a boyfriend at the time I bought a medium realistic dildo. I didn’t think I would really use it and was petrified of my mum finding it but I tried it a couple of times and I was hooked and couldn’t leave it alone for some time! I’ve added to my collection since then and have been an enthusiastic toy user ever since!

1 Like

Sounds like my wife, she told me that she got her first toy/s when she went to uni so just over 10 years ago. She is very open that she loves using her vibrator and we have both joked that she cannot leave it alone!

For the longest time my wife was never into sex toys. To her, if she wanted to get some satisfaction, she just went and found a partner. She also doesn’t masturbate (!!!), so I guess those two things combined meant never having a need for one.

I, however, was more curious and wanting to add something different to the mix, so as a surprise I bought us a rechargeable Hitachi magic wand. I chose it for a few reasons:

1. My wife is bisexual and not overly fond of penises (other than mine, as she’s assured me :sweat_smile: ) so I didn’t want to get anything that was too intimidating.

2. It was something we could both use (and boy, does that rumble feel great on the shaft and tip :drooling_face: )

3. Worst case scenario: I could just use it as a back massager :laughing:

So on the day that it arrived, I showed it to her and she mentioned that all the ladies in her mom’s group RAVED about it, so she was curious to try it. A few days later we brought it out when we were both feeling like giving it a try, and let’s just say that it’s thrown the doors wife open and we now have a nice little collection that we keep adding to.

3 Likes

The first thing I ever purchased was on the 22nd of January 2021 and it was a Silicone Bar Gag… of all things and a 3 Speed Bullet Vibrator.
My girlfriend kinda introduced me into things and I thought about getting some stuff.
She had some stuff already but nothing too interesting.
Now I have a big collection of things for us to use (almost anything you can think of that can be easily stored away)

My very first toy specifically for me was a Satisfyer Signet Ring App Controlled Rechargeable Cock Ring and since I am circumcised it was quite interesting for me. It can also be controlled across the internet…

Lovehoney use to stock this item but now they have something similar Satisfyer Royal One App Controlled Rechargeable Vibrating Cock Ring

2 Likes

Ours was a fairly tame, nice soft blindfold.

Progressed quite quickly on to sexier ones, some restraints and a few gags.

This bullet vibrator, was my first sex toy, and I love it! :revolving_hearts: My hubby’s first was this cock ring set, and now he has a little cock ring collection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Our first toys were LH under the bed restraints and some other bondage toys. We also got the LH mains powered wand at the same time. I used it on the wife first and she came within a minute and I started laughing so she said let’s see how you do with it then. she then placed it on my penis and I came within 30 seconds.

2 Likes

From the local Private shop, purchased a really bad, battery operated, buzzing cock ring and anal toy. Really useless, went through batteries without much enjoyment. Died at an early stage, never reached a climax. Also a penis pump,

Lockdown 1, my purchases of anal toys/dildos and discovered what I enjoy.

1 Like

I think me and the oh was a durex devil Vibrating cock ring hers was a pink Dildo from a high street sex shop

1 Like

My wife and I were given a cheap basic vibrator when we were married. We did not have a lot of experience and didn’t know how to use it. So we did not. Probably 10 years later she went to a sex toy party and bought a cock ring that was made to rub her. It did not vibrate but she liked it. That got us started into more toys.

3 Likes

Mine was an OhMoji mini wand :rofl: : and let me tell you that thing was well loved at the time, but I couldn’t imagine ever buying anything with a similar design again lol

We have just received our first package of toys and we tried a bullet vibrator type, first time ever, and lots to learn but wow! Wish we had been more adventurous years ago!

2 Likes

@New2 If you don’t have a wand I strongly suggest getting one. We have the Hatachi but I think I will get the Doxy next time.