Does anyone care about quality?

I received a new toy from Lovehoney yesterday, and yet again it was another toy that didn't work. Quite frankly I am getting fed up with receiving faulty items. Yes, they have a good returns policy, but when you exchange a faulty one, only for them to send out another one that's faulty, it makes me feel like going elsewhere.

I know it's my first post but felt like I just needed a rant and to see if there were any others suffering these quality issues or am I just unlucky?

I just think you are unlucky here if being honest. Never had a problem with anything I have had from Lovehoney .

Contact them direct again and just maybe they might send you a freeby for the problems you have had.

Good luck

I think you've just been very unlucky.

I've never had an issue with a toy and Ive got one hell of a collection (unless I've had it for an extended amount of time, or its just that it didn't suit me)

Hi, I've had a 2 faulty items but Lovehoney always dealt with quickly. Do you mind sharing what item it is so if it's the same thing as other have had to return? Is it actually a Lovehoney product, might be a Manufacturing issue. X

Hi Kiol

I'm sorry to hear you've had some problems with our toys :( 

I have had a look at your order history and I think I can guess which item you're talking about, but I can't see that you've contacted Customer Care yet about this issue.

Please do get in touch with Customer Care who may be able to give you some advice to get your toy working, or be able to arrange a replacement or an exchange for you. 

Again, I'm very sorry you've had a string of bad luck when it comes to replacements in the past - it's definitely not the norm'! 

I have had a few waterproof items that have failed at actually being waterproof, but thats down to the manufacturer, not Lovehoney. I only buy waterproof toys, and now i'm careful to look and check they have a silicone buffer ring on all screw parts to keep water out, not sure if it was a design fault or a dodgy item where ones i've bought haven't had that and plastic on plastic just wasn't water tight.

Being said, i think you have been unlucky to get a faulty item replaced with another faulty item, perhaps it is a flaw in the design of the specific toy, or they just got a bad batch of them in.

I have quite a substantial collection which has mostly been purchased from lovehoney and can't say I've ever had an issue with faulty toys. I think you must be very unlucky :(

Not one faulty item out of the many many many I have. That's not just luck that's quality.

Only had one faulty item before out of many that I've ordered. If it's the same specific product it might just be a bad batch. Contact customer care who will look into it for you!

I've had one or two faulty toys from lovehoney, but they've always been replaced very quickly and so far the replacements have been fine. I have had a bigger problem with lingerie though, several of the items I've bought/been sent have had poor stitching or holes in, and so have the replacements, but if the replacement is faulty then I don't bother asking for another one as I assume the item itself is poor quality.

Otherwise, I think it's just bad luck, as MM said almost anything can be faulty from any retailer unfortunately, these things just happen. :/

I've had two faulty items, one the cheapest and one the most expensive toys I've bought - both of which I've reported and had a reply from LH straight away.

I think it's probably just one of those things. It's not like every single item can be tested before sending out. LH's one year policy is the best I've ever seen and they cover everything, even the cheapest toys that, to be honest, I wouldn't expect to last that long anyway.

Hope you're luckier with your next replacement.

Can't say I have ever had a problem with a toy from lovehoney. They have always been quality what ever I have got. Best thing to do is to contact customer care.

VR wrote:

I've had two faulty items, one the cheapest and one the most expensive toys I've bought - both of which I've reported and had a reply from LH straight away.

I think it's probably just one of those things. It's not like every single item can be tested before sending out. LH's one year policy is the best I've ever seen and they cover everything, even the cheapest toys that, to be honest, I wouldn't expect to last that long anyway.

Hope you're luckier with your next replacement.

+1

I've had one or two issues myself, it's bound to happen when you look at the scale of Lovehoney's product turnovers. But the Customer Service is out of this world and they've helped me out every time.

You've been unlucky, but it's just chance- honest.

Perhaps you should go for better quality toys rather than go elsewhere. I've had this happen a couples of times with cheaper or lower quality toys. I chalk it up to 'you get what you pay for'.

There's a degree of trial and error involved in shopping for sex toys, you eventually learn how to avoid items that are likely to be low quality (regardless of their price). For example, the genric titling, no branding (unless 'Double Penetrator' is a brand name?), cheap looking clear rubber and plastic and awful vacuum pack packaging instantly set off avoid alarm bells to me with regards to that cock ring you reviewed as being faulty. Which I am assuming is what has gotten you annoyed, but even if it isn't is a good example of an item you can tell by sight alone isn't going to be great. You get a feel for these things. Tip; if the description says 'Contains phthalates: Yes' then that toy is an instant avoid; even if you don't care about the whole health risk debate, it is a major indicator of a low quality toy that is going to degrade very quickly, assuming it ever works at all.

Why does Lovehoney stock lower quality things like that? I don't know. I guess it's to do with catering to different people and different budgets. For what it's worth, I can tell you is the low quality items from Lovehoney are still better quality than the low quality items from elsewhere. Not that it matters, as it's easier to just learn to avoid crap items than shop around for the best crap items right? And at least at Lovheoney you can easilly return said crap items, which is a great way of keeping the cost of your trial and error learning curve down ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

TLDR: you need to learn to recognise low quality sex toys and avoid, it's something pretty much everyone learns through buying crap toys, at least at Lovehoney you can get your money back (unlike elsewhere, who will also sell you crap toys but won't give you your money back).

in almost 5 years of buying toys from here, Ive only had a handful of problems which were very quickly and swiftly dealt with.

Thats what keeps me coming back for more, because I knw I am in safe hands

Ive never had a faulty product but even expensive toys have a failure rate. LH have the best customer services of any website or shop ive dealt with so they will sort out any problems if you actually contact them.

I think you've probably just been unlucky. I've bought around 30 items and had two faults (Tracey Cox G-Spot Vibrator and Alabama adjustable tension nipple clamps). I also had a toy I thought was broken and began the process of returning it but realised it was actually just poorly designed so the batteries went in in a weird way (Cupid's smoothie G-spot vibrator).

In an ideal world there would never be any faults, but I think all sex toy retailers are going to have the same issues (especially as they often stock the same things). At least with Lovehoney I know getting a replacement or refund will be easy.

Hopefully your replacement will be free from faults 😊

I'm afraid I also have to jump on the 'unlucky you' bandwagon as well. Lovehoney has been nothing but good to me. The only time there was a fault (with lingerie) I got a replacement that was perfect. I know it's frustrating though and I feel for you.

All I can surgest if it was a faulty batch, maybe you should try a similar product, sorry but we're another couple who have never had any problems with our purchases.

GOOD LUCK with this purchase and your future ones.

Kiol - it must be frustrating experiencing so many faulty goods. I can understand why you'd be concerned it was a problem with the company. Fortunately, I've not had many problems with items I've purchased or received as testers here. Despite the few, minor issues, I'll keep buying from Lovehoney because their returns policy is the best I've ever seen, so at least I can buy with confidence that even if the item isn't right, I have only wasted my time and not my money.