Dom/Sub/Switch

As a lot more people are venturing or at least admitting that they have a D/s relationship with their partner. a lot more info is readily availble.

as one of LH blogs is about the myths of BDSM, it curious to find out that people thought you could either be a Dom or a Sub.

I have a D/s relationship with my fiancé, not always D/s but sometimes just plain old vanilla.

We have discovered that we are both switches, but he mainly takes on the Dom role, as i enjoy being the Domme at times, he has a better control over the situation, and me for that matter.

So, those in D/s relationships or those who have tried it, are you a Dom? Sub? or Switch?

S

I completey agree with the blog saying you can be both submissive and dominant. (Link here for anyone who hasn't seen it smileyhttp://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/08/13/bdsm-for-vanilla-lovers-introduction/)

Although I am on the Dominant side, and my OH submissive, I think we would both describe ourselves as switches. It depends on our mood! We can have a couple of months of me being Domme but then the next couple of months could be alternate nights of him being Dom and me being sub and so on.... so it varies for us.

Nothing wrong with doing bothcheeky For my OH and I it’s more fun swapping around and balances our relationship out. It also forces us to be creative in Dom/ sub play because we want to try something the other hasn't done/ thought of yet which can only be a good thing!

To quote Hella “Very little beats those nights of high-octane energy that end with a full-on power struggle for sexual dominance” What could be more fun wink?

Xx

its only on the off chance when i do Domme, as i said its not always D/s sex. due to both still living at home and only place to have it is at mine, so we are limited to what we can do when my mom n lil bro is home! xx

Silently Kinky wrote:

both still living at home and only place to have it is at mine, so we are limited to what we can do when my mom n lil bro is home! xx

Haha same here! You can't exactly have him suspended from the ceiling with them downstairs!

This is pretty good for being discreet. You can just hide the cuffs under the bed when not in use. It fits single beds too :) My OH and I love it! http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=19809 Xx

we dont do so much of the tying up, as we're relatively new to D/s, though we do get pretty intense when in 'scene'. but we are willing to try out new and different things, just having to juggle around him working 5days a week (mon-fri) an hour away and me doing shift work xx

I'm Dom & my wife is Submissive through and through and for 95% of our bedroom time thats the way it works. Very occasionally she has control and whilst she isn't great at it I love being tied and teased!

We are often trying new things (mainly initiated by me) and to date we haven't found anything we disliked. Recently been exploring and expanding Dom / Sub roleplay ideas which has been fantastic.

Its been a gradual evolution to where we are now and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I would regard myself as 90/10 dominant. Every once and awhile however I like to relax and give my Sub OH permission to expand her horizons. We have both found it to be a very liberating experience, and educational by seeing it from each others perspective.

I would never willingly give over control to someone whom I did not trust absolutely (& 19yrs together qualifies) but whilst i am still the Dom in the relationship, I do get a kick when I take the night off !

Rest assured, correction is always on hand later for a sloppy job, or if the OH gets ideas above her station.

Im sub through and through when it comes to the bedroom but my oh is dominant so works out well.
But again the d/s side if our relationship doesn't come out all the time.

With me and my hubby we both prefer to be submissive in the bedroom so we do have to take it in turns to be dominated to make it fair. Although when each of us get into it we quite enjoy thew dom role with the cuffs, flogger and riding crop.
We are only like that in a bedroom role play kind of way and we aren't always in dom/sub roles during sex.
In every day married life we have a regular equal relationship, you know he wears the trousers, I tell him which ones to wear, I do the cooking, he does the eating lol.
I guess it can be a bit like a battle of the subs but that is one of the things about true love being willing to do stuff to make eachother happy and not always wanting things for yourself.

I would say I'm prob 90/10 dominant in the bed room. I very occasionally however like to give him the reins so to speak.

we are both sub an d dom

do it to suit our moods and have tryed most things some in a mild way

b/f totaly dominates my knickers which he always buys and i am instruted to wear

as we do 3somes we would like to met a sub o bi male but have not had got to meet one yet

our next project