Douching?

What are peoples views on douching?

I have never tried it but never really been into anal to need to? Does it feel weird? :s

A little... but its kind of important so needs must.

It's an acquired taste, and not at all necessary.

The truth is, when it comes to playing anally, once you've had a bowel movement, the lower colon is relatively clear - so a simple wash of the area with just warm water is usually sufficient (never use soap as the detergents can cause irritation, especially in the sensitive lining).

For those that wish a more thorough clean, douching means that you'll have more confidence to explore with anal fun, as you're not worried about any accidental 'messes'.

It does feel a little strange at first, but as long as you don't do it too often (otherwise you risk flushing out all of the healthy bacteria that keep a balance in your gut), it will make you feel cleaner and confident.

Always best to douche a little while before any planned activity, to ensure you are completely drained. I unfortunately, many years ago, went on a date with a guy who douched before hand but did a very quick rush job.. and.. well it wasn't pretty!

the thought of douching freaks me out a little but my partner is always going on about wanting to try anal play and I think i might give it a go....

is it safe to clean a douche with the lovehoney toy spray? Any tips on cleaning to avoid bacteria?

I began douching actually not because of anal sex but because medication I took for a health problem leaves me sluggish and constipation really bloody hurts after a while. So did drinking down laxatives (Cramps) so I started douching for relief! It worked too. It does feel strange, You can feel your lower colon stretch with water if you insert fast, and you can feel the water going inside if it is too hot or too cold. Slow squeezing and body temperature water is the best for barely feeling anything. You want to make sure you do it near a toilet, because you will get urges to expel the liquid quite quickly, especially if you are stood up or squeeze too much, too fast. It doesn't hurt, but it can kickstart cramps as though you are going for a poop, obviously. And of course, for the most part, liquid will come out of your butt, along with solid waste, so that feels kinda strange but nothing amazingly weird.

It is worth noting that, for a while after douching, there could still be small amounts of water up your bottom, and I advise, if you get an urge to pass gas, to do so on the toilet, as you could end up passing more than gas. After about an hour though, it is reasonably safe to pass gas again. lol. The gut absorbs water (That is part of it's job) so it will go quickly.

Do you have to do it? Nope. If you are regular, and know you have been to the toilet, no constipation etc, then I would not bother myself. As David pointed out, it is good for putting peoples mind at ease but accidents can still happen. It lowers the risk maybe, but your gut is constantly working so...stuff moves down, ya know? lol Some people swear by it, others don't bother. I use it for more medical reasons though and it helps for that.

Honestly I always found slouching to be rather unnecessary anal play is kind of self explanatory and everyone knows what comes from the anus. My belief is if they want to play there they should know what to expect.... If you don't feel comfortable with it then don't do it. You can always get the examining gloves to make anal play fun and easy to clean if there is any type of mess. Some people I know just take a laxative in the morning if they want anal that night.

Theres nothing scary about it. I've tried once or twice as i have thyroid problem and not super regular so its more of a reassurance when me and my partner play. It made me feel alot more confident but for the 2 hours after i had very bad tummy cramps so it has kinda put me off douching and anal sex.

Maybe im doing it wrong? I was looking at getting another kind of kit to try.

Blackcherry wrote:

Theres anothing scary about it. I've tried once or twice as i have thyroid problem and not super regular so its more of a reassurance when me and my partner play. It made me feel alot more confident but for the 2 hours after i had very bad tummy cramps so it has kinda put me off douching and anal sex.

If it makes you feel better, this also happens to me, and as I just mentioned, I have constipation well,...for years basically. I believe the cramps kick in after you clear out some of the "problem" and then it kick starts the intestines to begin moving more downwards. Oh dear the cramps can really hurt. I feel you xx I cannot imagine this would be so severe for anyone who is generally regular though? IBS sufferers may...well...suffer a bit.

I quite like the feel of it and the feeling of knowing I'm nice and clean, I always douch before having anal sex just for my pice of mind really.

Any tips on cleaning one? Do I use sex toy cleaning spray or just general soap and water?

I also buy the Ann summers buzz fresh wipes as they do larger packs than lovehoney :( I feel like a traitor, wish Lovehoney had some better value ones!

I have douched on many occasions for a variety of reasons. Firstly due to health reasons, it does help from time to time to get rid of the bloated feeling etc

For planning to play anally douching certainly has its benefits - especially if like me a bowel movement isnt always complete.

take it at your own pace and do not over do the amount of water you use. 1 bulb of water is enough, then expel, then repeat. The more water you use, the further into the gut you go and you then are into the realms of enemas. The idea of douching is simply to clear out the rectum.

The luckier ones amongst you will not have a need to douche prior to anal play and sometimes i get lucky too. however I do like to douche to give me peace of mind. Also I like to get carried away with anal play too.

In any event though, as mentioned by Babetoyland and quite rightly so, play with fire and eventually you will get burned.

I simply clean mine using antibacterial soap (hand wash lol) and hot water. Fill the bulb with some of the anti bacterial soap, add water, put finger over the hole and shake. Attach the nozzle and squirt the soapy water through to clean the nozzle, then repeat a few times with hot water only to flush out the soap. Wash the outside of the bulb and the nozzle too with a cloth or flannel and that's it.

I also second what Babe and Jenson said. Its anal, and occasionally, even if you try your best, things happen. If my guy wanted anal, but I could tell he was really squicked out about the risk, to the point of asking me to go douche and stuff, i'd be like dude...its a butt....if you wanna play ....suck it up lol (Not literally...ewww)

To be fair though, we all worry a little about this risk, especially at first.

CVR92 wrote:

Any tips on cleaning one? Do I use sex toy cleaning spray or just general soap and water?

I also buy the Ann summers buzz fresh wipes as they do larger packs than lovehoney :( I feel like a traitor, wish Lovehoney had some better value ones!

The important thing to remember is not to squeeze and release while inside, otherwise you'll suck all that water back in along with lord knows what else. Provided you use it correctly, once finished, run the nozzle through with plenty of warm water - you can use a regular anti-bac toy cleaner too, and give the bulb a good rinse and make sure it's thoroughly dry before storing - and it's probably best to keep it in a little bag to keep it clean and safe.

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Theres anothing scary about it. I've tried once or twice as i have thyroid problem and not super regular so its more of a reassurance when me and my partner play. It made me feel alot more confident but for the 2 hours after i had very bad tummy cramps so it has kinda put me off douching and anal sex.

If it makes you feel better, this also happens to me, and as I just mentioned, I have constipation well,...for years basically. I believe the cramps kick in after you clear out some of the "problem" and then it kick starts the intestines to begin moving more downwards. Oh dear the cramps can really hurt. I feel you xx I cannot imagine this would be so severe for anyone who is generally regular though? IBS sufferers may...well...suffer a bit.

Ah weirdly lol it kinda does thanks :), i thought maybe the water was a little to warm and some recommend to add some salt in it too but ive never tried that. Gosh im the same, used tablets, sachets everything but then your body gets sluggish and relys on them so i try just go herbal and drink water apart from the thyroid medicine. Those cramps though.. its worse than not going. Maybe its a slight shock and your body is readjusting? Whatever it is it isnt nice xx

As for cleaning CVR92 i use LH toy cleaner and then i use anti-bacterial soap for some reassurance. x

Blackcherry wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Ah weirdly lol it kinda does thanks :), i thought maybe the water was a little to warm and some recommend to add some salt in it too but ive never tried that. Gosh im the same, used tablets, sachets everything but then your body gets sluggish and relys on them so i try just go herbal and drink water apart from the thyroid medicine. Those cramps though.. its worse than not going. Maybe its a slight shock and your body is readjusting? Whatever it is it isnt nice xx

As for cleaning CVR92 i use LH toy cleaner and then i use anti-bacterial soap for some reassurance. x

I used to get some god awful cramps at night. the only thing that ran like clock work were the cramps that had me bent over double!

I find nowadays I do not get them so much though I have changed my diet somewhat. I have started drinking a lot more water mainly and am more concious of eating raw vegetables.

The cramps were admittedly during my student days where pot noodles, kebabs and booze were the order of the day and night.

Blackcherry wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Oh god do not use salt! I have done this a few times and every time I either got the worst bloody cramps in the world, or it really really burns inside the entrance if you have the slightest graze or anything. (I honestly do not know why it burns me, I am just super sensitive, I do not notice any damage) Anyway, my experience is water alone is best and most gentle. Oh another thing....salt gives me palpatations! I have heart problems anyway, and salt makes my heart race and it is absorbed through the gut, and yep, it makes my heart race like mad and I feel horrible after. I don't use salt anymore for enemas! lol

I know my cramps that hit after douching are caused by the fact by intestines are now "Moving stuff around" in there, because on days when I am not too constipated and I do a douche, i do not get the same amount of pain. I honestly think its the body saying....okay theres room now, lets move some more of this downwards, and it causes horrible stabbing pains and cramps. I have sufferered with IBS for about 8 years so I kinda got used to what was going on but I tell you what, sometimes you would think you were in labour! lol You cannot even stand up straight, or sometimes, cant even move. Horrible. xx

Just Jenson wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

I used to get some god awful cramps at night. the only thing that ran like clock work were the cramps that had me bent over double!

I find nowadays I do not get them so much though I have changed my diet somewhat. I have started drinking a lot more water mainly and am more concious of eating raw vegetables.

The cramps were admittedly during my student days where pot noodles, kebabs and booze were the order of the day and night.

Diet plays a huge role. I eat very healthy foods, have done for years because I am very fussy with what I put into my body. With Fibromyalgia and being generally sensitive everywhere, including IBS and the pain meds I take are the cause of my sluggishness (This medication is also prescribed to people who suffer diarreah a lot, as it is very effective at stopping you poop) Problem is, my doctor said because I am on these tablets, and I also eat plenty of fibre, I might be making it worse for myself, as all the fibre bulks up the poops, but the tablets stop them coming! He told me not to eat toooooo healthy as I could make it worse. Hmmm. I just eat my usual mix of healthy and sweeties and douche. Problem kinda solved lol

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Oh god do not use salt! I have done this a few times and every time I either got the worst bloody cramps in the world, or it really really burns inside the entrance if you have the slightest graze or anything. (I honestly do not know why it burns me, I am just super sensitive, I do not notice any damage) Anyway, my experience is water alone is best and most gentle. Oh another thing....salt gives me palpatations! I have heart problems anyway, and salt makes my heart race and it is absorbed through the gut, and yep, it makes my heart race like mad and I feel horrible after. I don't use salt anymore for enemas! lol

I know my cramps that hit after douching are caused by the fact by intestines are now "Moving stuff around" in there, because on days when I am not too constipated and I do a douche, i do not get the same amount of pain. I honestly think its the body saying....okay theres room now, lets move some more of this downwards, and it causes horrible stabbing pains and cramps. I have sufferered with IBS for about 8 years so I kinda got used to what was going on but I tell you what, sometimes you would think you were in labour! lol You cannot even stand up straight, or sometimes, cant even move. Horrible. xx

Lol were turning this into the poop thread (sorry op) ;p. Yeh those were my exact thougts, salt? up there? noo. Yes its simular to senna pain but like awful period back cramps, ive had times where ive felt sick and dizzy after it too. But ive been there before where i was hospitalised and aswell as being in for something else i got dehydrated and i couldnt go making me more ill so id rather go through the hour or so of pain than that.

Oh no way you have Fibro and IBS? thats just horrible hun :(. I have a friend who has fibro and shes in constant pain its a real downer on her life she cant do anything without having a week off after it.

Diet is key although im one to talk as im constantly on carb free diets which makes you more clogged and then theres nothing better than water, i try to go for 3 litres a day but again im fizzy drink lover. x

Blackcherry wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Blackcherry wrote:

Lol were turning this into the poop thread (sorry op) ;p. Yeh those were my exact thougts, salt? up there? noo. Yes its simular to senna pain but like awful period back cramps, ive had times where ive felt sick and dizzy after it too. But ive been there before where i was hospitalised and aswell as being in for something else i got dehydrated and i couldnt go making me more ill so id rather go through the hour or so of pain than that.

Oh no way you have Fibro and IBS? thats just horrible hun :(. I have a friend who has fibro and shes in constant pain its a real downer on her life she cant do anything without having a week off after it.

Diet is key although im one to talk as im constantly on carb free diets which makes you more clogged and then theres nothing better than water, i try to go for 3 litres a day but again im fizzy drink lover. x

Fibro tends to come with a lot of these other syndromes, like I have IBS but also I have intersitial cystitis, vulva pain often, skin sensitivity and sensitive to hot and cold changes. I am very sensitive. All over! lol. It has some plus points....I can freak my partner out often by describing exactly what he ate before I saw...Like the time I had a bag of haribo and I could tell him that he just ate one of the love hearts. I have a reeeeally sensitive sense of smell. And sensitive to lights too erghh they can hurt, and too much noise can make me feel physically sick. You could think being so sensitive all the time would make me multi orgasmic but alas, my clit seems to be the only part of me that doesn't want to join in! lol

Anyway, sorry for hyjacking the thread with poop talk xx Kinda hope it helps the OP though. If she gets cramps at least she will know it is kind of normal with douching. x

I think one needs to make a clear distinction between a douche and an enema. A douche involves using only about 150ml of water at a time and does not go further than the sigmoid colon. It washes out only the rectum. If done with plain, clean water the possibility of this significantly modifying your gut flora or upsetting your electrolytes balance is minimal.

An enema, where you introduce much larger volumes of water that pass up into the large intestine are a completely different kettle of fish and the caveats about gut flora etc are applicable.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy about anal without one , despite having a very good diet, I find the douche removes things I wouldn't want making an appearance during our fun.