Doxy and powerful wand advice

I’ve been using the love honey mains wand for about 4 years now and love it! But wanting something a bit more. I like the really high settings but it gets hot and struggles after my long sessions. Is a doxy worth the investment and how does it compare? Also, what’s the difference between the regular doxy and smaller number 3? Are they the same power? Really after advice from those who have used them :)

Red Baron wrote:

I’ve been using the love honey mains wand for about 4 years now and love it! But wanting something a bit more. I like the really high settings but it gets hot and struggles after my long sessions. Is a doxy worth the investment and how does it compare? Also, what’s the difference between the regular doxy and smaller number 3? Are they the same power? Really after advice from those who have used them :)

i own 4 doxys and 3 lovehoney wands in all the colors and i find the doxy to be ever slightly more powerfull. the only down side to the doxys is after a few months of almost daily use i find that the head becomes loose and start to spin when i turn it up past half. so i brought some velcro staps to go aroud the head and they work a treat, also makes them abit quieter. the doxy 3 has the same power from what i seen.

I bought my wife a standard Doxy a few years ago. The quality of it is brilliant and the vibration is second to none. My wife’s real complaint about it would be the size and weight of it, I don’t know how that compares to the other wands, but it the Doxy does weight a bit. The Doxy 3 is a lot smaller, I have considered getting one to see if it makes a difference.

I have the Doxy 3 and have used the original Doxy. All Doxy’s should have the same power, so from that point of view it shouldn’t matter which one you buy.

Generally I prefer smaller surface areas to my toys (so bullets over pebbles for example). Wands tend to be ok for me due to the sheer power involved though. I do really like my Lovehoney Classic Wand but it rarely gets used now as I prefer the Doxy 3. I find that the Doxy 3 has more power, more directly delivery of that power and a slightly higher frequency of vibration (not enough by a huge amount though). All of which really work for me.

I’m really looking forward to seeing some reviews of the new Doxy 3R. If it is anywhere near as powerful as the 3 (which the marketing says it is), I’m definitely getting one. Not many reviews about yet and not seen a comparison one

1 Like

kelly_michelle wrote:

I have the Doxy 3 and have used the original Doxy. All Doxy’s should have the same power, so from that point of view it shouldn’t matter which one you buy.

Generally I prefer smaller surface areas to my toys (so bullets over pebbles for example). Wands tend to be ok for me due to the sheer power involved though. I do really like my Lovehoney Classic Wand but it rarely gets used now as I prefer the Doxy 3. I find that the Doxy 3 has more power, more directly delivery of that power and a slightly higher frequency of vibration (not enough by a huge amount though). All of which really work for me.

I’m really looking forward to seeing some reviews of the new Doxy 3R. If it is anywhere near as powerful as the 3 (which the marketing says it is), I’m definitely getting one. Not many reviews about yet and not seen a comparison one

Hi Kelly_michelle, I've never used the mains powered Doxy 3 but I do own the new cordless Doxy Die Cast 3R.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=44363

Although I can't compare to your mains model I can honestly say hand on heart this new one blew my mind. I doubt I will ever use my Loveoney Deluxe Mains Powered wand again that's for sure. I've got a couple of other smaller rechargeable wands like the LH mini and the Rocks Off Oriel but this new Doxy is a whole new level, and a higher level even than my LH Mains. I'm still going through a stage of complete shock at how powerful this is for a cordless rechargeable wand. I gave it a quick review too if you wanted to know more. Hope this helps. X

1 Like