Dressing gown or house coat

Dressing gown I always though a house coat was like a coat that was worn in the 60s and 70s instead of ah apron

1 Like

What in the name of all thatā€™s holy is a house coat? Dressing gown all day long.
In terms of ongoing marital disagreements, my husband and I love will never ever agree that Russia is part of Europe. The country reaches the pacific for goodness sake. This is a hill Iā€™m prepared to die on.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s exactly what I thought it was! Either that or my mum was walking about in her dressing gown all day :joy:

1 Like

Deffo Dressing gown, Flannel & butty for us

Dressing gown everyday, unless itā€™s a thin style
which you would wear over clothes (not PJS), and smoke a pipeā€¦ Or is that a smoking jacket :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No idea what a house coat ia is, dressing gown for both of we :smirk:

Its a dressing gown, a flannel and a bread cake

Frankly i donā€™t understand how youā€™re still together.

1 Like

House coat, but we have the same arguments. Finally glad someone actually knows what itā€™s called.

Over here from my family learnings , a dressing gown was lite and generally a touch on the sexier side . A house coat was often flannel or heavier cotton and generally longer . Oh yeah , dressing gowns were generally a bit shorter . When younger , often my woman would be flashing a bit of a cheek or panties . Or depending what mood she was in , leave the front a bit untied for some cleavage . Where I used to live the winter time temps could drop to -22f or -30c .

1 Like

We call it a dressing gown here - what on earth is a house coat?!

1 Like

I had never heard of either of these, I had to look them up :joy: Where Iā€™m at, we call them robes :+1:

1 Like

Exactly! :rofl: When I moved to the UK I was like what are these people talking about :rofl:

1 Like

House coat! Haha.

Thank you kindly for telling is the difference between the two @Oldman :kissing_heart:

1 Like

A butty is a sandwich aka bread with something in-between. So not comparable to roll, cob, bap etc :grinning:

A housr coat is more like an apron (in terms of wearability) itā€™s usually cotton or nylon, not as thick and is worn over your clothes to clean/wash up and is primarily to protect your outfit for the day.

It comes from a time when we didnt have access to washing machines in the home and it still wasnt particularly socially acceptable to spend all day in pjs. Women mostly wore them - yes men do too but not as commonly - as we would stay at home.

Dressing gown hereā€¦house coat sounds very old fashioned

House coat was what they were called when I was youngerā€¦they were more quilted with fabric covered buttons back in the 70ā€™sā€¦maybe it was a regional thing too?

1 Like

I saw this topic had resurfaced again.

The cold sweats started immediately.

Itā€™s a dressing gown. Please god for my sanity, dressing gown.

4 Likes

Dressing gown!