Duel density dildos

This is my first time creating a topic so if this has been discussed before my apologies.

So my wife prefers glass dildos to her LH life like but I wondered if she might enjoy a duel density toy. I see that LH have reduced the price of the Doc Johnson The D Thin D Dual Density Realistic Dildo 7.5 Inch. Very tempted to get this but one review suggests the toy is not safe/won’t last due to the soft plastic material. Does anyone have long term experience of this toy or another Doc Johnson ULTRASKYN dildo and if so any care advice?

If you haven’t already, googling “body safe sex toy materials” might be a good idea. Read about the various materials choices and what makes them better or worse than the other options. Hopefully it’ll help you make your mind up.
Ultraskyn is a TPE blend apparently. So its non toxic, but porous.
Personally, id go for something silicone. It’ll last you longer and be much easier to clean.

2 Likes

Here’s the Lovehoney Materials guide. :+1:

2 Likes

Also, in general, if a toy has a strong smell to it when you open it, it probably isn’t safe to use. The majority of toys I get now have not been a problem. But ten years ago, I’d open them and the chemical smell would slap me in the face. Nowadays companies are better with getting on the “guess we also gotta make our toys safe to use” bandwagon

2 Likes

@Brian_Lisa If she has glass as her favourite and it’s the hardness she likes, then a dual density dildo my not be her thing, as they are quite soft on the outside. But it could be the drag factor on the skin, with other materials she does not like. Even with lube they can start to rub, where as glass, is super slippery.

I like silicone with a silky finish as an alternative to glass/ metal, but you still get some drag against the skin. It’s the porous issue which people don’t like, due to the potential bacteria getting absorbed into the material; as well as some people feel that the chemical nature of things like TPE is toxic. I don’t know the definitive answer to that question though. I just stick to silicone and glass/ metal.

You can get dual density silicone though expensive I do like the near as possible realistic feel to it. Depends on my mood at the time as to which one I use.

2 Likes

I’ve had a Doc Johnson ULTRASKYN for several years. It may not be the biggest but still my favourite. It shows no sign of deteriorating in the way the review suggests, although I admit you can’t see bacteria. I have never had any bad things happen ‘down there’ after using it either. I like it so much that I ignored the review you mentioned and ordered the ‘D Thin’ today anyway. It’s still not as big as some I have but ULTRASKYN feels so good. ‘Like the real thing’ for both me and a female partner.
If you do buy though, the material is susceptible to being damaged by other toys in ‘the box’. Mine has a small dent in the head where it rested against something else.

I’m not hung up on ‘body safe’ materials and there are topics on here about some of the weird and wonderful, dubiously body safe and outright not safe materials people have shoved up there. The price today is a real bargain , dependent of course on your views about the suitability of the material.

1 Like