Eczema and Lube/Toys

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help or had any advice. I’ve had sensitive skin all my life and various things can cause a flare up of excema, sometimes quite badly.

Most of the time I can manage it easily enough. However, I’ve started getting an outbreak on my penis. I can’t really put into words quite how much I hate this!

The flareups seem to happen whenever masturbate using a tenga flip orb, and go away when I stop using it for a few days.

What I’m trying to figure out is, what causes the irritation. Is it the rubber the toy is made of (if so, how would I test that, I can’t think of a way to do a patch test), is it the lube I’m using (and if so, are there any good alternatives), or is it the soap I’m using to clean the toy (hand soap, which I am fine with but I’ve never applied it to my penis).

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to approach this and figure out what is going on. It’s irritating on so many levels.

Thanks for any help and advice you have.

3 Likes

Have you tried just with your hand and lube rather than a toy for a few days?
I think silicone has quite a rough texture even with lube, and maybe grazing you skin.

If the body soap you use doesn’t flare your eczema up then it shouldn’t on your bits…
My wife has ultra sensitive skin and we use sliquid which hasn’t affected her at all…

1 Like

Also have sensitive skin (i get occasional excema on my face as well) and have had issues with several different lubes but i found both sliquid and Y.E.S. Lubes worked well for me.

Using the lube in hand like @WillC suggested would be a good way to rule out the toy.
Might be worth swapping the lube out and using another with the toy to rule it out.

I was suggesting ruling out the toy by just using the hand and lube, but i guess you could eliminate one or the other that way! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think I’d do a sensitivity test.

Lube behind one ear, handsoap behind the other. Alternatively a sensitive spot is behind the knee’s.

Rule them out and its the toy!?

3 Likes

I would go with what @Mrs.John said as myself have not experienced this, are you sure it’s eczema just worth a look if all these are ok and you are still getting the issue and also have ruled out the toy too maybe it could be thrush? Just another idea possibly incase it isn’t eczema.

Edit: Laura is a nurse she isn’t 100% sure but maybe worth a Google maybe instead of lube try using aloe Vera gel we have one that’s cold and actually works well as an alternative to lube as I find some lubes dry out if your masturbating for a long time and also I find with a large penis lube for myself drys to quickly I have no issue with the particular aloe gel I use. Hope you get the help your looking for.

1 Like

:woman_facepalming: sorry, typo. Brain not working

Bless you dude, I can really sympathise. I’ve not long gotten over an outbreak of dermatitis on my hands and feet which still haven’t a clue what caused it…

I’d recommend to try some tests out to help narrow down what it is that’s caused your eczema.

• try using toy as normal with lube but then when washing it only use warm water and no soap products.

• then next time if you’ve still had a breakout, try the toy without any lube but use something natural like your own spit. Then see if that has any difference.

If your still getting breakouts after both them tests then you can say it’s likely to be the toy itself what has caused your skin reaction.

You can also try a patch test with the lube too if need.

@CatBoy My wife does get eczema flair ups when we use certain types of silicone based lubes. She usually develops the itch in her butt crack as opposed to anywhere we are actually penetrating or using any friction. I think it must drip down or find it way around her anus as nothing is really of limits for silicone to get into.

You didn’t say what kind of lube so I am not sure. Our favorite is the Wet Platinum silicone lube followed by the Extreme Anal Silicone as it is far thicker. We don’t use toy often and if we do it is typically a glass dildo for her. If we stray too much from her fav’s she ends up with the same issue…

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here. I’ve been patch testing and taking notes like a lab rat. However I eventually worked out what the issue was.

Turns out, I’m allergic to aloe vera. I always thought that was good for skin and safe!

Hopefully Sliquid H20 will work for me.

Thank you all so much.

2 Likes

Glad you’ve found out the issue! Good luck going forward!