Edible lubes?

I recently discovered some lubes can be edible as well. So, I thought if I use a toy on him that needs lubrication and want to go oral after - the lube better be edible.

However, I am quite picky when it comes to flavour/consistency of what I put in my mouth. So if it is too smelly, sweet, sticky or gluey, I won't like it. Still, having him to wash mid-play sounds like no fun at all. So if there is a water-like lube out there (especially, if it has no flavour attached to it - yes, I am that picky!) - I would try that and hopefully, we will both like it.

I always recommend Sliquid, they have a flavored range but their regular water-based is inoffensive tasting and it's my favorite slippery lube.

I went for the Sliquid Sea Water one - hopefully, I will like it... The reviews sound good on it...

I would highly reccomend the Sliquid flavour lubes, not only are they super pure ingredients wise they actually taste like flavoured water to me, not like flavoured lube. They taste very clean, gentle for lack of a better word, although they won't completely mask the taste of him (which can be good or bad depending on your preferences). You can get a strawberry and pomegranite or blue raspberry (as in blueberry and raspberry combined, not sour!) one on here and thery're both lovely.

They honestly do tick all your boxes of not sticky, not overly strong smell, not overly strong taste, not thick or gloopy and tastes like water. Never had a lube taste so like water haha :)

If you wanted one with no flavour at all, I don't know. It could just be me, but anytime a non flavoured lube has been near my mouth it tastes nasty and bitter? Including Sliquid. It just seems like there is always a kinda icky taste when they are not designed for oral (ie flavoured). But like I said, could just be me!

EDIT oops you got in there before I finished typing! Hope the sea water one works out for you :)

Have you tried the Sea Water one? I just ordered it, but I guess I would be able to change it (if needed) before LH sent my order?
I don't want to mask his taste at all - that's not the idea. But I read that these flavoured ones actually have a stronger smell, even though the taste itself is light. At least some reviews said that - and I would prefer no smell/taste/flavour, if possible at all....

I think flavoured lubes can be hit or miss! Sometimes they are too strong and the texture just seems odd. Like thick and sticky and can make me gag!

a lot of the durex ones that arent flavoured say on them that they have a sweet taste so that if you get it in your mouth it tastes pleasant and they can be ok because they arent overpowering (although im not keen on them because they seem to dry quickly and become sticky!)

i would definitely steer clear of liquid silk in the future, as i know youve already bought a sliquid lube to keep you going for a while. Liquid silk is my favourite lube but it tastes revolting! Its perfect lube for vaginal, anal and masturbation as its long lasting and doesnt go sticky but it tastes like how a hand cream would taste!

menyanthe wrote:

Have you tried the Sea Water one? I just ordered it, but I guess I would be able to change it (if needed) before LH sent my order?
I don't want to mask his taste at all - that's not the idea. But I read that these flavoured ones actually have a stronger smell, even though the taste itself is light. At least some reviews said that - and I would prefer no smell/taste/flavour, if possible at all....

No, I haven't. But it should be a good lube, I guess you'll be able to tell us if the taste is inoffensive! :)

The sliquid ones do have a stronger smell than taste, but it's all relative. They don't actually smell strong, just stronger than their (very weak) taste. If that makes sense lol.

You'll probably never find a lube with no smell or taste, but you'll find one that isn't offensive to you. For me, the mild flavours work because I'd rather have a little fruity flavour than the 'chemical' like flavour. But you sound like you'd be the opposite way round; you'd find the lubey taste less offensive than the flavours. So the sea water one should (hopefully) be a winner :)

I personaly like the chocolate orange lube LH sells. It smells very nice, and tastes sweet/chocalty

I have the sliquid sea one. It doesn't smell and I just gave it a lick for you and couldn't taste anything! :) I haven't used it a lot but so far I really like this lube

LibraLover, it sounds perfect! :) I guess I chose the correct one! Thank you!