** EDITED ** vibrator - battery help!

This is such a ridiculous question but i can't figure out what to do with the batteries!

When i open the bottom there's a plastic case inside that looks like you but two batteries in, but it's impossible to get out once you put the case in.

If you just put the batteries in on their own it works but there's so much space it makes lots of noise.

Are you supposed to put the batteries in the plastic case it comes with? Thanks

Hi there, unfortunately I can not help with your problem but thought it might be worth you having a chat with Customer Care, they should be able to help and you may get a faster response :)

Hey Sarah

Are you by any chance trying to use re-chargable battery's? I bought the humdinger and couldn't get the battery's in...I did push one in and it got jammed - lovehoney did kindly replace the vibrator even though it wasmy fault the battery was jammed. Customer services told me not to use rechargeables as they are a fraction bigger! x

Yes you have to put the batteries in the plastic case 😊

Is it one of the classic vibrators? I got a battery stuck in mine once. You just have to hold the vibe facing downwards and tap on the top a bit or shake it to get them out.

If the battery compartment comes with a case then the batteries will always go inside it. Make sure you’re putting the batteries in the right way around and also placing the case back inside the right way. 🙂

Thank you :) They're non-rechargable batteries. I just think it's weird how you can't get the batteries/case out unless you hit the other side to force them out!

There are some metal wire things at the top but i don't think they have anything to do with getting the case in and out.

Sarah02J wrote:

Thank you :) They're non-rechargable batteries. I just think it's weird how you can't get the batteries/case out unless you hit the other side to force them out!

There are some metal wire things at the top but i don't think they have anything to do with getting the case in and out.

Hey Sarah02J 

Unfortunately that's just one of those things - putting a cylindrical object iniside a cylindrical object without a "grab point" means a lot of tapping and shaking to get the batteries back out again. I know it's a bit of a fiddle, but it is what it is. (You should hear the sound in the office sometimes when we're testing battery operated vibes for power / noise etc. Everyone tapping various vibes against their desks trying to get the batteries out!) 

Plus, unlike many other battery operated devices, people want vibes to be a) powerful and b) quiet. Generally these two things are not exactly compatible, so the way around it is to make the battery chamber as narrow as possible to reduce movement inside and, therefore noise! Not an easy feat but sort of a compromise? 

As NatandTom said, best practice is to undo the base and, with the opening facing downwards, tap your vibe against the edge of a table. It'll wiggle out just enough for you to grab it and pull it out. And to confirm what others have said: yes the case should stay to reduce sound, and you should stick to "basic" batteries (non-rechargeable) as they're smaller. 

The best work around by far is to opt for a rechargeable toy when you can though, as they are more eco-friendly, more powerful and you don't have to faff with batteries! 

I cannot get this battery out however much i tap, wiggle, shake and bang it :frowning:

That is a sad situation to be in. :crying_cat_face: I’d try holding it over a bed with the open end down, moving your arm rapidly downwards then very sharply back up, so the momentum of the battery will keep pushing it downwards. If this doesn’t work you may need to ask for help from a well muscled man, such as at your local fire station. :muscle: