Electric shock from wand

So a couple of nights ago I got the shock of my life - from my lovehoney deluxe magic wand! I'd just unplugged it and was about to put it in my drawer when I got a sharp shock from the plug!

Should I send it back? Eep

I would. It sounds faulty.

ouch ! BUT - im being optimistic here .... at least it wasnt from the actual wand while it was on your bits n bobs .. THAT would have REALLY sucked butt :O

Lol! that's exactly what I was thinking ruby.

rubysoho wrote:

ouch ! BUT - im being optimistic here .... at least it wasnt from the actual wand while it was on your bits n bobs .. THAT would have REALLY sucked butt :O

that's what I thought when I saw the title, was a bit scared of clicking lol

unless theres a crap load of capacitors in the wand, static

Still, better safe than sorry

theMightyBum wrote:

A wand and electro torture device in one. Bargain!

This is the first thing I thought too ha - there's me thinking yay for extra features!!! :P

I'm so sorry you've had this experience!!

Your wand definitely shouldn't shock you!! Please do contact customer care and don't use your wand again until we have advised the best course of action to take. (eg: replacement)

KebertXela wrote:

seconded! Not good but don't everyone start getting wand phobias!

I won't hope your getting a new one,fancy the lelo ones,

KebertXela wrote:

Agree with KebertXela. If you touched or brushed the pins of the mains plug, it'll be static electricity and aside from giving you a bit of a surprise, harmless.

It will likely have happened to you at some point with your mobile phone charger, computer mains adapter, hair dryer, straightening irons…any number of electrical devices you own and just forgotten about it when you feel okay. I have found it tends to be more common with portable electricals as above — which would inc. your wand — things repeatedly plugged-in and un-plugged, then stired away.

Further to that, if it's stored with/in plastic bags, wollens or synthetics with the plug's pins exposed…seems like a probable contributary factor to later static charges. Try storing with the plastic cover on the pins.

I meant woollens.

I avoid touching the metal pins when I remove anything from a socket because, whether rightly or wrongly, I have this belief that there is still some "charge" left on them and it will shock me within the immediate time after removing it from the mains. lol....Am I just paranoid?

Anyway, I hope your replacement works better. I have the Deluxe Wand too and never had a problem with it so far, in the 6/8 months I have had it.

Mr Socks wrote:

KebertXela wrote:

Agree with KebertXela. If you touched or brushed the pins of the mains plug, it'll be static electricity and aside from giving you a bit of a surprise, harmless.

It will likely have happened to you at some point with your mobile phone charger, computer mains adapter, hair dryer, straightening irons…any number of electrical devices you own and just forgotten about it when you feel okay. I have found it tends to be more common with portable electricals as above — which would inc. your wand — things repeatedly plugged-in and un-plugged, then stired away.

Further to that, if it's stored with/in plastic bags, wollens or synthetics with the plug's pins exposed…seems like a probable contributary factor to later static charges. Try storing with the plastic cover on the pins.

Well, without saying too much - we may just have some sneaky magic wand storage designs in the pipeline which should help to combat static build up on your plug pins..... but that's all I can say for now..... cheeky

ever been really too nosey for your own good... thank god you were done, i had to know when it'd shocked you, Least it was only a sore hand!