Electro sex

Hi to those from 'Inside LH'........

wasn't sure where to post this - so if this is the wrong place - Sorry! I was having a scroll through the E/Sex area and it struck me that of all the toys and accessories this area seems to be the least populated in terms of reviews.......and yet a search through the forum suggests that there are a number of people on the fence who might jump ( no pun with the electric content ) if they were able to form a better opinion/understanding from reviews and experiences.

I imagine that many potential buyers baulk at the cost - given that there really is so little written about the individual products. From my point of view i was hoping to research feedback on the more expensive insertables and although i know LH's rep for returns have to admit that it would have bene nice to see a few reviews where others have already trodden that path.....

many thx

JJ

I am in love with the violet neon wand from what i know about it and the power tripper attachment, but the price and my lack of experience in electrosex is what puts me off. I would love to hear more about them though, always have fingers crossed they will turn up on testers list, but i won't hold my breath

i'll check if ive reviewed what i own and add if i havent. otherwise i can try to ansewer any direct questions, keeping in mind what i own:

i have

electrastim kit with plug

aluminum wave dildo

clitoral halo

pads

the kits and actual toys are all electrastim or shestim (which is electrastim rebranded)

ah SweetL - thoughts on the 'wave' appreciated......its that type of dildo/insertable that would potentially interest....

had a couple of fun sessions with lower key insertable and pads.....only using TENS at this moment, if the fun continues then may well look to upgrade that to a dedicated power box like erostek....but for now, just a question of whether the higher priced dildo's offer much improvement than the cheapies which generally are a take as far as we can see on 'medical' TENS products.....

LuckyL - dont mention violet wands too loudly.....i know Hub has that on his 'when funds allow' list.......maybe we ought to go somewhere where they're demo'd........

the wave is nice and feels quite weighty for it being aliminum. theres two pins holes on the bottom which connect (2.5 mm plug, standard for tens)

internally i dont really feel tingles or it inside when the electro is on, but it feels good in the whole pelvis area - kinda hard to describe. its a fuller feeling than the plug i have and theres no contractions of muscles around it as such.

at times in use its slighly tricky as the rubber handle things on the bottom tend to be small and your hand can get a little shock. my body also wants to continually push the dildo out

as for cleaning its simple if you cover the holes in the bottom up.

SweetL - Thanks....

out of interest is the wave used as a bipolar ( think thats the right term) electrode, or can it be used with one channel/wire and the other externally? Looking on other forums there seems to be a suggestion that a clit electrode and an insertable in conjunction can work well......

i know Hub has ordered some conductive rubber to make a little clit clip electrode, looking forward to seeing how the sensations work with that, and guess we maybe ought to splash out on something weightier like teh wave or similar......

the last sessions are a bit of a blur as he tried a couple of configurations with 2 units: pads/insertable which was good, but pads and the f-machine - even better :-)

Wow... I hadn't looked in that section of the LH website before. Having done so now, I feel simultaneously intrigued and terrified by the possibilities.

I'll be very interested to read more reviews or general feedback. As JJ says, it's a lot of expense to consider, but the potential excitement from this current technology might have the power to overcome my wife's resistance.

i think one of the potential issues with this type of 'sexccessory' is that unlike most simple toys its not a question of pure plug and play. OK with practice a vibe can elicit different sensations, but as we found the 1st time we tried there has to be alot of communication and there are variables from play session to play session.....there's certainly less spontenaity.....but the potential for something different is most appealing.

jjane47 wrote:

SweetL - Thanks....

out of interest is the wave used as a bipolar ( think thats the right term) electrode, or can it be used with one channel/wire and the other externally? Looking on other forums there seems to be a suggestion that a clit electrode and an insertable in conjunction can work well......

not entirley sure on this one - my electro sex set only has 1 channel so i can only use one thing at once and my tens machine is a bit strong for sex use.

I was meant to be sent a new kit to review from http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7749. I'll chase it up.

I have a shestim kit and wave dildo - I'll get it out and check it over and re-test over the next few days as it has been awhile. My eyes are still adjusting write now otherwise I would write more.

But I saw the whole ElectraStim products at a trade show, so know the build construction of most of them. I just haven't tested too many.

Oh yeah, I've tested a kegel8 which I need to review in the next few das really. It has an insertable attachment a bit like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7751 actually it might even be the same probe really!

Again, I'll get back to this thread when I'm more awake and have more time :-)

ah ok SweetL -. our TENS each have 2 channels, which in really basic terms = 4 pads (for example), and just 1 channel could be used with a dedicated electrode for clitoral stim and say a pad to complete the circuit.....but wondering if any of the insertables can run off just 1 side of 1 channel....like red goes to clitoral - black goes to probe......guess will have to do a bot more research online.

Nymph..the kegel8 and that attachment are exactly the reason why i raised the question about different sensations/quality etc between that style of probe and say a more expensive one like a wave. Because it seems that many of the cheaper probes sold are either the same or variations of ones that are available for a fraction of the cost from medical supplies. If you are bored and google femelex you'll see what i mean!

guess we'll have to experiment a little more

jjane47 wrote:

ah ok SweetL -. our TENS each have 2 channels, which in really basic terms = 4 pads (for example), and just 1 channel could be used with a dedicated electrode for clitoral stim and say a pad to complete the circuit.....but wondering if any of the insertables can run off just 1 side of 1 channel....like red goes to clitoral - black goes to probe......guess will have to do a bot more research online.

no the wave uses both pins in it to make it work.

thx SweetL ......

When I plucked up the courage to put this idea (along with some others!) to my wife, she shocked me (!) by saying quickly that she'd consider trying it out with me.

Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised. My wife has used TENS machines before and so the concept and the potential for pleasant sensations is probably more familiar to her than to me. I haven't yet been brave enough, though, to show her the full range of accessories for electro sex!

I'm not sure what to do next. I'm concerned that the equipment is relatively expensive to purchase on a whim and that, as jjane47 says, it may require a lot of experimentation to get the best out of it -- not ideal for newbies! On the other hand, it's quite an opportunity.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I'm JJ's Hub and after fun tonight i can report back that there are indeed cheap ways of trying electro to see if its going to be something that is worth investing in. In fact i'm not so sure that investment other than time will ever be that necessary in terms of the 'implements'.

So quick update. As JJ had said above the cost was making me think twice, so after alot of research on a site dedicated to 'stimming' i decided to have a go at making a couple of 'trodes'. I actually made 3: a focused clit trode, vag and anal plug. We tried the 1st 2 on JJ - the 3rd is still sitting patiently.....

the V trode was simply a vibe that wasn't fit for it's intended purpose and the C trode was made from conductive rubber. As this was an experiment the idea wasn't to make something spectatcular looking but functional. So the V trodes conductive areas were made from sticky copper tape, bi-polar - ie/ conductive on 2 sides therefore plugged into 2 wires/1 channel on a TENS.

The C trode was a formed from hollow conductive rubber tube which a TENS plug simply fits into the end of, looped so that there were 2 parallel bits of rubber in 1 continuous length - with enough 'give' to be able to be slipped over the hood and labia. this was a monopole - meaning that we used a normal sticky pad as the other half of the circuit. This trode worked well aside from teh fact that as a 1st attempt and without resorting to getting JJ to model it 1st it wasn't a perfect fit and although it kept in place pretty well i was waiting for it to slip off - which it did eventually. A redesign is easy enough.

The V trode needed constant 'attention' to stop it being shot across the room! Again easily fixed with some form of elastic harness - like the butterfly vibes that LH sell for example.

Results......couldnt used them at the same time due to the slightly flawed C design.......but both worked very effectively, orgasm wasn't a problem. In fact at 1 point i had JJ kneel face down on the homemade bench and positioned the eroscillator against her clit......i was ging to write 'wave after wave' and thought that was a bit trite, but actually in the literal sense that was about right because she just couldn't stop squirting.

soooo. for those that are wondering about electro fun, why not try hacking a toy or two, the cost of those 2 trodes - bearing in mind i've enough material for probably 4 - 5 more was about £15.00

I love violet wands, my partner and I had the massive honour of being allowed to experience a near original (from back when they were for medical use). A little known fact about them is that when using the current on your skin, they create a tempoary electric 'tattoo' which is pretty cool!

Heatseekher wrote:

I'm JJ's Hub and after fun tonight i can report back that there are indeed cheap ways of trying electro to see if its going to be something that is worth investing in. In fact i'm not so sure that investment other than time will ever be that necessary in terms of the 'implements'.

soooo. for those that are wondering about electro fun, why not try hacking a toy or two, the cost of those 2 trodes - bearing in mind i've enough material for probably 4 - 5 more was about £15.00

Thanks very much for those suggestions. In that case, it might be sufficient to start with a basic kit such as the ElectraStim EM32-E:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7748

We could then add other accessories as we go. I'm reasonably skilled at construction, and I know a bit about electrical circuits, so creating DIY electrodes might be an option for us as well. (I'd always wish to use a properly-designed controller unit, though)

Heatseekher -- I'd like to send you a friend request so that perhaps we can exchange ideas on the DIY options. It sounds as if you and JJ have a lot of experience in this area! Please let me know if that's okay.

Cheers!

CH

sure no probs.....

not sure about lots of experience - learning all the way!

ours is a real basic set up 2 TENS units + the homemade trodes + the periform type tode.........just really wanted to highlight that big bucks dont have to be spent to sample basic electro stuff......

Done -- thanks!

Heatseekher wrote:

not sure about lots of experience - learning all the way!

That's the best way.

My DIY constructions have varied considerably in success -- some worked surprisingly well whereas others failed miserably, but it's still fun to give it a try and enjoy the anticipation of a possible hit.