ElectroSex Question

ElectraStim KIX Beginner Electrosex Stimulator Kit - Lovehoney UK

Looking at this and wondering if there’s any real difference between this and something like a ProTens Machine which it closely resembles. Just curious whether I could pick up a cheap tens machine stick the pads around genitals and bum to get a general idea whether the sensations are something I’d like before splashing out on the official thing.

They’re pain-relief so can’t hurt to try I guess!

1 Like

I have the Electrastim Flick kit and I find it very entertaining. I don’t use it often but when I do it’s fun. I’ve no idea whether a Tens machine would give the same results although the Electrastim unit is apparently based on Tens technology. It might be a painful experience if it turns out that they’re not compatible though.

1 Like

It might be worth a try if cheap although I read that TENS doesn’t stimulate muscle contractions so you’d possibly just get the milder electrosex experience. If pleasant you could continue using it alongside an electrosex unit.

1 Like

I have a cheap version with two loops, butt plug and metal urethral sound, its ok and can give you quite a zapp if youre not careful you can also use pads with it if you want

What’s the name of your version and does it not have a safe limit on it? Completing a circuit between a butt plug and a urethral plug to get a unexpected shock sounds risky. I still remember the bones in my arm jumping when I stuck a finger into a live light socket (I was much much younger and stupider - don’t ask)

I’ve been shocked by an electric animal fence before and these machines don’t give anything like that sensation. I see now that there are loads of cheap TENS / EMS machines on the market; it would be interesting to know if any fun could be had with them.

Reading up about it:

So what does e-stim feel like?
It’s a factor of the power unit, so which power unit are you using? If you’re starting off with something inexpensive, like a TENS unit, that’s not going to feel very erotic. It’s going to give you a tingle, for sure, but realize that TENS units were made for numbing the nerve endings. They were designed to block chronic pain by making the same pulse train over and over again. It’s like playing the same note on the piano over and over and over again. Ding-ding-ding-ding! Over and over again. The same thing. After awhile, the brain stops paying attention to that area. Which is good if you’re in pain.

But let’s face it…

If you’re trying to get off, you probably don’t want your cock to be numb.
The good thing about EStims is that the waveforms are balanced positive and negative. That means that over time there is no build up of current [or charge] in one direction vs. the other. It’s balanced. It’s going to equal zero over time. There are just as many pulses going in the positive direction as there are in the negative. So if you add that all up, you get zero. It’s neutral.

It goes on a bit about the technicalities. Ok, so it won’t quite be the same unless you can change the settings

1 Like

I might have a look for a TENS / EMS unit for my wife though, she likes a shoulder and back massage for pain relief but ElectraStim say to only use their gear below the waist.

1 Like

E Stim feels like a little buzz going up to a little buzzy sting.

I believe that the KIX has the same power as the more expensive EM60-E which I have but half the battery life. Approx 3 hours playtime (at medium intensity) from 3 hour charge rather than 6playtime. both take similar time to charge.

The KIX has 80 (seamless) Intensity Levels where as the Flick has 24.
5 vs 7 Pre-Programmed Patterns.

Tri-colour LEDs vs LED lights to show levels.

Flick has an Accelerometer to Flick the device.
Flick seems better built.

So you aren’t losing out on much going with the cheaper unit.

You can even use the new Lovehoney X ElectraStim Booty Buddy Electro-Sex Butt Plug

Be sure to look at the ElectraStim website for the toy compatibility table. Both the KIX and Flick support the same toys.

Thanks for the recommendations. I’ve added the Kix and the electro-sex butt plug to my wish-list for later.

Or being massaged with a rapidly vibrating roller, or tingling, pulsing, throbbing, squeezing or pulling sensations depending on the toy being used.

My wife has sore ribs at the moment plus likes having her shoulders, back and bottom massaged, so I’ve just ordered a combined TENS and EMS machine that uses the same leads as ElectraStim which means I can try it with the toys I have. Plus I already have a big bag of TENS pads.

1 Like

An e-stim butt plug feels very different to cock rings, at least mine do.

The butt plug feels a lot less buzzy but it makes the anal sphincter muscles contract and relax in time with the stim pulses. This pulls the plug in and out making it feel more like a gentle pegging than an electric shock.

2 Likes

So for £60 I got a dual channel clinically approved rechargeable TENS / EMS machine with 16 sticky pads and a case from a UK based NHS main supplier. This one has 12 TENS and 12 EMS preset programmes which is fewer than the 30 on their £50 model, however it also allows for manual control of various settings. I’m rather tired today but have just gone through the 24 presets with 4 pads on my bottom and had some good feelings, it’s definitely worth investigating further. Both TENS and EMS modes were enjoyable although EMS generally had long gaps in between bursts of stimulation. All the TENS presets and most of the EMS drove both channels in sync whereas alternating them can feel better for sexual stimulation. I’ll try the manual configuration and some ElectraStim accessories another day but it looks like it will have its uses. :heartbeat:

1 Like

You’re a true pioneer. I salute you.

I can report that a single channel of TENS with one pad on the perineum and one on the side of the penis facing the abdomen is well worth having. The 12 patterns on my unit produced quite varied sensations such as taps, pulses, rippling currents, rough vibration and a beautiful sensitive rubbing or pulling feeling. Some of the presets would give alternating stimulation such as a series of taps followed by a big wave of pleasure. :drooling_face: I was pretty close to orgasm for quite some time and finished off in the end by adding a bullet held against my frenulum for a minute or two. :exploding_head:

I still have to try the manual settings, frequency, pulse width etc. which may be similar to some of the cheaper battery powered units.

1 Like

Still doing valuable research for the benefit of personkind. Sounds like you’ve found an economical route to electrostim.

I have to say that if I hadn’t had my birthday discount and had the Electrastim Flick package not been heavily discounted I probably would never have gone down this route but I’m glad I did,

1 Like

Have to say the responses have been enlightening so may just try this route. Thanks for taking the time to do the research!

I tried the manual settings this morning, again with just two pads in the same places. The results were again great, it was good to be able to adjust the pulse width and frequency with just a couple of button presses and feel the sensations change, and there was a wide range of settings. The manufacturer of my unit does a couple of battery powered dual channel TENS machines around £30 which the online manuals indicate have very similar manual controls to mine but no preset patterns. I think these would do the job for anyone curious but not wanting to risk a lot of money. The slightly dearer one with an LCD display also has a couple of extra modes of operation that ramp the intensity up and down to vary the stimulation a bit. I like having actual buttons, switches and knobs rather than a touch screen as they can be operated by touch without having to look at the unit every time. The stimulator I bought has a power output up to 100mA, of which I have so far had up to 30mA but mostly around 20-25mA, the battery powered ones go up to 80mA, the ElectraStim KIX and Flick are 70mA, and the ElectraStim SensaVox, Flux and Axis 125mA. ElectraStim say the extra power can be needed to get the “full range of sensation” from the larger dildos and butt plugs which have a much greater area of metal in contact with the body.

1 Like

Interesting. Is 20-25mA what you normally use? For internal stimulation I have the KIX at full 80mA and yes, it feels good but I’d much rather it was significantly stronger.

1 Like

That was high enough for the TENS machine through pads. I’ve had the ElectraStim gear higher but only had the Flick on full power once when I’d gone numb with the pinwheel on my bum. Possibly just a thin layer of lube would help your probe as a lot can weaken the sensation.

1 Like