Electrostim health risks?

I first discovered electrostim when it was prescribed to help me walk. My nerves don’t work well on my right side but the electrical impulses attached to a footswitch allows me to walk so it’s a powerful tool. It’s also an addictive feeling! The clinic did warn me not to ever try it out above the waist, though.

After discovering I liked the feeling I also bought the Tenscare iTouch for kegel exercises and was gifted a Mystim Truman. Be warned, it’s addictive. I do get irritation on my skin where the pads have been on for a while but you can get replacements for sensitive skin if you need to. Don’t use on broken skin.

Using the electrode pads can take a bit of patience as you might need to move them around a few times to get the best placement. Rinse the pads and keep them on the backing between uses to keep them in good condition for as long as possible. Keep them in a sealed plastic bag if possible. They don’t like drying out. The wires also need replacing quite regularly and can be a pain as they’re a bit fragile.

Without stating the obvious, always check you’re starting low. E-stim is great but whacking it on high unexpectedly isn’t the best idea unless you’re really into pain.

If you know of anyone who has had a stroke or has a degenerative nerve problem tell them to ask their GP/physio/clinic about Functional Electronic Stimulation. It’s not widely known about but is a life-changer just as e-stim can be a fantastic enhancement to your sex life.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

1 Like