Embarrassed to hell here - yeast infection :0(

Been hunting the net all afternoon for info...............i used one of my fav toys last week on fri, lets say a fair few times. Now I'm sorry for the TMI here guys...............I can be quite "dry" down there after my 2nd childs birth its been a little on the dry side so i do use lube (and lots of it)...... .by the saturday i had a bad yeast infection, which is still on the redish side now (i have treated it)..........i can only think its the dildo i used (as not had sex since nore just before) iv cleaned it over and over again with wipes and the aunti bacterial wash..... i used it today with a comdom (which sounds odd) (but really didn't want another yeast infection) its been fine, but i dont want to use all my condoms, but im concerned if i use it with out one it will come back (if thats possible) should i throw it away or is there anything eles i can give it a good clean with............as i say iv looked on the net and seen suggestions of Bleach? or alcohol? i must add also its not the first time iv got a yeast infection off it its about the 2nd time.............am i doing something wrong. Could it maybe be the lube also (ust a cheap one from asda as had ran out of my reg one i order) xx

Could be the lube

If its a recurrent prob though the doc can prescribe something more effective than over the counter remedies

Hello,

it could be lube. I am sensitive to glycerin and parabens and it took me ages to reliase it, half a year with yeast and bacterial infection as result of lube messing my Ph was not nice.

worth trying to go glycerin paraben free. I can recommend the Lelo lube or Sliquid if you want to try.

some lubes have sweeteners in which is quite silly! if yours has then this will have caused it as sugar in vaginas is a big no no!

lube does have a self life as well. some bottles ( like durex brand) have a use by date on them.

You mention using a condom and it was fine, did you use lube that time too?

Also, the different lube could be the cause, as others have said.

What is the lube? What is the one you normally used?

Rachey what material is the dildo?

Agree with the others about the lube being the possible cause.

xGGx

May sound like a silly question, but how often do you wash your toys? Normally giving them a quick wash BEFORE as well as after is a good thing.

I get this if I use toys without a condom if they are like a flexible rubber tpye of have any kind of alloy. Ok with glass though. Maybe a mild allergy.

Lube does sound like the obvious culprit but my first thought was along the same lines as ghostgirl.

A lot of people do have sensitivity issues with certain toy materials so it might be worth testing the toy and the lube individually - keeping note of your results of course - and seeing if you can get to the bottom of the issue. Think of it as an elimination diet for sex toys!

Morning all,

As i said i used a condom along with some lube and its been fine, i store my toys in a sleeve in a box and allways rince before use and wash well after the lube i used is waterbased and is asdas own brand i have also used the lube during intercourse and it caused no irritation................the dildo is how one of you guys decribed it a rubber type material very flexable and bendy........i wander if it is a allergy sorry for the tmi again but i was more red and sore/itchy then the white discharge you get...............thanx all for your comments xx

you can get an infection by being rough or using toys too much too. So it doesn't mean the toy is dirty. I've gained an infection after a night of roughing it in the bedroom and I know me and my partner are clean

Just throught I'd mention this. If you've had any antibiotics recently this can also cause it has it gets rid of your good bateria as well as the bad

I only know this as with my 2nd pregnancy I had a water infection constanly so was on antibiotics for a while so had a pretty bad infection

Thanx all,

Yummy mummy i had loads of water infections through out my pregnancy and all in all i must of spent about 8 weeks on different antibiotics hes 7 months old now but maybe its still the affects lingering since having him iv had the yeast infection 3 times so it could be that................i may just invest in some of the cheap brand of comdoms and use them for my toy (cheaper then paying the £10 for the caniston duo stuff) :0) xx

I just throught it was worth mentioning

I know the feeling rachey I was on then from 29 weeks until had him at 39 weeks drove me crazy as I had then with my 1st also but didn't get any pains or anything like I did with my 2nd

I used to get yeast infections easily from lube and condoms.... Canesten oral pill is great. If you go to doc, they could check you for other stuff as I had bacterial vaginosis but thought it was thrush.

Great advice, AA x

over the counter treatments work fine, caneston duo is a must, as long as it's thrush and not anything nasty

I use the boots Thrush treatments, works just as well :)

If you're prone to yeast infections, taking Acidophilus every day really helps keep them at bay. You can get it in capsule form in any health food store!