Epilation.....

Not sure which forum to stick this in so i'll stick it in here ;)

I like to be nice and smooth all over, accept my forarms because that makes people ask why i have no hair on my forearms and i don't really wnat to turn round and say "because i like to dress like a girl....."

I've been using the hair removal creams for a while now but it never lasts very long. I've bitten the bullet today and bought myself a Argos Value Epilator......

has anyone experiences with this hair removal technique? I know it can be painful but i figure if i can sit in a tattoists chair for 3 hours, i can pull a few hairs out... (how wrong am i? lol)

Hiya Draven - I don't use an epilator myself - I just use a small electric razor which does the job very well - however I have found a previous thread on epilators which may be useful to you :) xxx

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/371365-epilator-tips/

Hey,

First off I wasn't sure if this was the fetish (as people request it as a sexual experience) or just hair removeal.

I purchased a device a few months back. it at first didn't work very week, but after using it often for a good few months the dark hair on my legs are now blonde. I didn't even get this from waxing.

Smooth legs last longer now, but I did have to keep at it often.

I have tried other methods recently too. Veet hair removeal cream my body dislikes still and it doesn't work so well. Nair works so much better.

You can get hair removeal mitts too, but again don't work too well other than to smooth stubble.

I think the epilator I have currently is really good as it has a load of attachments, including an electric shaver. I was thinking of reviewing it soon too =)

Thanks Scorpius :) i'll have a read

And Nymphomaniac, it isn't really a fetish. i do cross dress but i also just prefer being nice and smooth, feels cleaner, fresher etc. i normally get the Nair sensitive but find i have to use half a tube 3 times a week, hopefully the Epilator will give longer lasting results over time and i'll have nice soft, silky legs : )

Draven wrote:

Thanks Scorpius :) i'll have a read

And Nymphomaniac, it isn't really a fetish. i do cross dress but i also just prefer being nice and smooth, feels cleaner, fresher etc. i normally get the Nair sensitive but find i have to use half a tube 3 times a week, hopefully the Epilator will give longer lasting results over time and i'll have nice soft, silky legs : )

No I mean there is a fetish for it, like a fetish for someone to shave another =) some just do it because someone else is controlling it and the pain which may happen during the experience =). That is what I meant when I wasn't sure when I read the title. It's something people have requested me to do before you see, just for the sensation of control being taken over, the pain, and the short term body mdifcation.

But good luck with it =)

I epilate because shaving is too much hassle - I have really dark hair that grows very fast so I'd need to shave everyday and that's too much effort. I'm currently on my second epilator - my first one was old so I decided to upgrade to a rechargeable one, which is much quieter but still very loud. It does take me about 2 hours to go over both of my legs but that's ankles to bum which I'd say is pretty good timing.

It does hurt at first but I've been doing it for so many years that I just don't feel a thing anymore. My advice would be to shave first, then let the hairs grow back about half an inch for the first time. For the pain - pulling your skin slightly and (this may sound stupid) blowing on your skin really works when you feel like it hurts too much.

The one thing you'll get is ingrown hairs so remember to exfoliate and moisturise! I also have this really cool brush that was included with my epilator that I use in the shower just to soften the skin that little bit more. I hardly ever shave now, my legs are smooth for just under two weeks if I epilate so I'm happy with that.

Good luck!

Thanks PPD :)

Cant wait now, getting really excitied about doing it. Think ill put an evening aside and treat myself to some pampering. ;)

Ohhhh, I've been thinking of getting an epilator for a while now but there's SO many to choose from I've gotten confused with them now.

Which one do you have PPD? Might ask for one for Christmuka :P

i epilate my legs only. it took some time to get used to the pain but it is fine now, i just do it weekly or forthnightly to keep growth down. a wet flanel or wetwipe is useful between each run to ease any discomfort

Braun Silk Epil is fab

I have this one http://www.boots.com/en/Philips-HP6522-Satinelle-Epilator-Wet-Dry_1250243/ I paid £50 when it was on offer but there are loads of good cheaper ones!

Well i got the cheapest i could find, but it does have very high reviews on argos so for a coupke of fivers, i took a punt :) if i dont like it, its only a £10 ive wasted :)

Thank you :) I was thinking of going for either a Phillips or Braun one as both are decent makes that are trustworthy. Will start looking again and keep an eye out for some offers and throw some hints at the parents ;)

I've tried epilation and it does hurt. I would say pull the skin to tighten it. I've also got a cool gel pack to put over the area afterwards. I take painkillers beforehand, no its not that painful lol but my skin seems to react less that way. I never do my underarms I got carried away once and they were so red and sore.

As PPD states ingrown hairs are a problem and so exfoliation is a must!

I'm on my second Braun epilator, and I do everything I can reach apart from my scrotum (don't want that tangled up in the wheels!). I do it every day, or thereabouts, in the shower, so I don't cover every inch every time.

Mostly it's not painful now and my OH prefers it to shaving as there isn't the scratchy stubble.

Draven - I epilated my hands and wrists fairly early on becasue the hair was much thicker and darker on one than on the other. I only once had to explain why, and that was to a friend whose man was very hairy, so she probably noticed more readily. I used the explanation above, which nobody's questioned (I have mentioned it myself on other occasions). I should just do your arms if you feel like it. It's your body.

thanks Mr Pink but i naired them both smooth once and just about everyone i knew had to make a comment on them. bear in mind i work in a welding workshop with about 70 really "manly man" type men. lol