erotic/ boudior Photography

what would you pay?
what would you expect?

I have always been a nature and pets type of photographer, but intrigued by erotic/boudoir photography, done well, not amateur done on a camera phone.

How and where would I go about finding models to 'experiment' with, and how safe would this be for a young (ish) female in an area that would include working on my own.

I can't speak from any personal experience, but a model friend of mine uses http://www.net-model.com/ - this seems to be all about putting models in contact with photographers and other related professions, and providing a way to show portfolios etc. Guess there are dozens of similar sites around though.

In terms of safety, I suppose the rules are the same for everyone, model or photographer - take someone with you, at least until you get to know the model(s) you're working with. Make sure someone knows where you are at all times, and when you'll be back. Keep a mobile phone with you. Don't be afraid to set rules and boundaries for people you work with, and keep everything strictly professional.

If you want to shoot in remote locations, check them out first - make sure you know your way to/from/etc. Make sure you get a mobile signal. Don't rely on anyone to drop you off or pick you up - if you feel uncomfortable and want to leave, you won't want to wait 20 minutes for your lift to arrive. If anything does make you uneasy, don't ignore it - better to make your excuses and leave.

We got some pics done by Miss Boudior in Manchester. The results are outstanding! If you go for it you need to know that they are capturing you as your see yourself, not a version of what they think you may be. Its not cheap - the package we went for was (gulp) £450. All I can say though is that my beloved has some cherished pictures of her looking her most amasing.

id love to get these done , just can't justify the spending!

Helloooo,

I'm a young female photographer and there's some good advice here but I would definitely get photographer's insurance. A lot of professionals have it and it has saved them from a lot of sticky situations.

Hope it goes well

If you're looking for models to photograph one of if not the best place to go would be modelmayhem.com it's easy to find the type of models you want as not all models will want to do boudior type photoshoots. It's also allows you to search by area so you can find people in your area that are will to do some work.

Lovehoney - Hella Rouge wrote:

Or why not go the route of my friend Morgana? She takes all of her own photos and stars in them as the model too. Check out http://threnodyinvelvet.com/ :)

Self portraits can be such a pain... especially getting the focus and composition spot on when you can't see whats going on through the view finder..... and getting yourself in the shot at the right time (if you're using a self timer)... although when it all comes together and you get that perfect shot it can be very satisfying.

Northern lights wrote:

We got some pics done by Miss Boudior in Manchester. The results are outstanding! If you go for it you need to know that they are capturing you as your see yourself, not a version of what they think you may be. Its not cheap - the package we went for was (gulp) £450. All I can say though is that my beloved has some cherished pictures of her looking her most amasing.

wow these are great photos! I'd love to get some with my wife like these as our little secret. External Media