Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

Secretty wrote:

EDIT: Lovehoney's saving grace at the moment is their fantastic customer service and their sex toy testing idea. That's what makes them stand out as a company. It doesn't forgive this scheme, but I feel I should point out that there's still good stuff as I've been quite critical in this thread.

Lovehoney wins by a long shot in my eyes due to their returns policy and the frequent special offers. I don't like the recent changes, but they're just lining up with other companies in the business. I can't even imagine how much the return policy alone costs to Lovehoney! On the other hand, despite the all too forgiving returns policy, Lovehoney’s revenues were in constant growing over the last years – so while a company’s income is growing, I do not get why they would implement changes that might influence customers’ happiness with them (even if I do own my own company, I never went to marketing school, so they probably know better). I just see it as greedy, but again, I will take the hit of these changes *gracefully* up until the offers and vouchers and freebies keep flooding my inbox and the returns policy gives me unrivalled ease of mind! And let’s also not forget how much work is put into the products’ descriptions – which is also unmatched by any other company in this line of business (correct me if I’m wrong, as I’m also not from the UK). The work put into this alone (video presentations included) could be regarded by them as a *Get out of jail free* card to implement much stricter return policies (like everyone else in this sector with far less details about the products to be sold), yet they are more than permissive on this aspect with all items and customers. (Hint to Lovehoney: THIS WAS NOT A SUGGESTION!!! J )

I never really spent my Oh! Points on anything and wasn’t saving up either, I always just thought of them as a nice bonus to my purchasing, I didn’t feel entitled to them before. Of course I’m not happy that they are worth even less now, as now I have quite a lot of points, but I think I will just spend them combined with some other convenient offer to double my savings on something I wouldn’t normally treat myself to. I appreciate the liberty in spending them when and how you choose to, as opposed to getting something out of the list just to spend them.

NEvans wrote:

I have just noticed that you do not earn points for rabbit amesty! Will they be introducing some kind of insentive to recycle toys? If not i do not see the point in the programme especially when you have to pay to post the items. I would rather put them out with normal rubbish. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/rabbitamnesty

X

Well, you should never just “put them out with normal rubbish” anyway, given that our planet and all living things on it (humans included) would suffer from you not recycling! Sending them to Lovehoney gets you off from going to the closest recycling centre (chances are there is a post office closer to you than a centre), saves you the embarrassment of giving your used sex toys to a complete stranger (or worse, to an acquaintance) in the centre, contributes to future generations’ health and saving your birthplace’s (yes, the planet is your birthplace!) resources. AND: dealing with YOUR recyclables is a cost to Lovehoney (in terms of personnel, if nothing else).

Maybe Lovehoney will think about entitling customers to use either the free returns label or offering a free “amnesty ticket” for UK customers in the future just to invest further more in the "environmental friendly" concept. That would be a more than fair addition to Rabbit Amnesty in my opinion, and I wouldn’t also expect to be rewarded otherwise. (Hint to Lovehoney: this WAS a suggestion ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)!)

Theres been many comments about this and hopefully in the end it will come good

I think what Lovehoney have done and are trying to achieve is admirable And i think to a point they have done it

with one pauxpas I truely beleive when the points changed from old to new the value should stay the same regardless of the number of points

so if you had £20 worth of point you should with the new points still have £20 of points then from that date you earn new points at the new rate ! considering the amount of work that has gone into this project i think this change would not have been so great !

I am curious what the points = to in US dollars since I shop that side of the site? I looked at the terms and conditions and it was not spelled out and I didn't want to start a fake checkout when I am waiting to see what the deal fo the week is before I decide if I am placing an order this week.

Anyway you look at it, it is something that helps out a little here and there for frequent shoppers and is better than a kick in the teeth LOL.

But seriously this company has CRAZY GOOD customer service and a returns policy so if the point scheme had to adjust a bit I may grumble a little but I am still loyal. =)

Ha this news sucks! First changing postage then making points almost worthless, thanks lovehoney, what did we do wrong? -.-

I understand that there are probably business reasons for the changes, but I wish that the points we had built up up until now retained their original value and points acquired after the change could have their value reduced. I have nearly 9,000 points which are now worth £17, so if they expire after 12 months there's no way I'm going to be able to use them to by a Swan rabbit as £20 off £100 toy still isn't affordable for me.

Never mind, I hope theres some good toys (PLEASE BE A SWAN/LELO INA WAVE/WOMANISER) in the xmas day sale and then with 40% off plus oh points should make a luxury toy affordable.

Like everyone else, I'm a touch disappointed by the changes. I think I wouldn't mind the changes so much since I wasn't really saving for anything particular, but I do find it particularly disappointing that I thought that being runner-up in the MOTM competition had netted me 10pounds to spend in points before (I think that was the math anyway!), but now it's worth nothing near the same. I was so excited thinking what I was going to save up for, but now not so much. Still proud to have been chosen for the picture, but definitely much less of an incentive to post naughty pictures unless you really think you've got a shot of winning the big prize now.

I know we were warned but is anyone else really regretting not spending their points before today?

I could have had something a lot better than £11 off with my 5700 points but nothing caught my eye. Shame the points have become almost as worthless as Tesco et al.

dh wrote:

I know we were warned but is anyone else really regretting not spending their points before today?

I could have had something a lot better than £11 off with my 5700 points but nothing caught my eye. Shame the points have become almost as worthless as Tesco et al.

I am now. I'm massively regretting it. Going down from £30 down to £13 is really upsetting.

Skitty wrote:

Like everyone else, I'm a touch disappointed by the changes. I think I wouldn't mind the changes so much since I wasn't really saving for anything particular, but I do find it particularly disappointing that I thought that being runner-up in the MOTM competition had netted me 10pounds to spend in points before (I think that was the math anyway!), but now it's worth nothing near the same. I was so excited thinking what I was going to save up for, but now not so much. Still proud to have been chosen for the picture, but definitely much less of an incentive to post naughty pictures unless you really think you've got a shot of winning the big prize now.

This is actually a very good point. I got 2000 points for runner up in review of the month. That's about £10. Now it's worth £4. That completely and totally sucks. :(

I'm going to wait until everything's rolled out properly to decide how I feel (the recycling thing is mainly what I'm waiting for) but the fact that the points have halved in value this suddenly is a bit of a sting, not gonna lie.

Now that I see what the points are worth I'm regretting not spending mine too. I figured I'd wait and see and put it towards a big purchase that I really wanted because I'd be able to use a discount code and the points and that would make it a better deal, but I never thought that my 35ish pounds of points would go down to 14.50. I assumed closer to about 20 at worst. Eeep.

I assumed that perhaps the points value would reduce by around 1/4, or 1/3 at most. Not over half! Especially when Jess said that they wouldn't be reduced by half earlier on, but I guess that's technically true in this case :/ 

I did make a last minute Oh! points order but the item was terrible so I returned it and got my points refunded. Not in time to spend them on something else though, so now I've effectively lost £16 :(

Skitty wrote:

Now that I see what the points are worth I'm regretting not spending mine too. I figured I'd wait and see and put it towards a big purchase that I really wanted because I'd be able to use a discount code and the points and that would make it a better deal, but I never thought that my 35ish pounds of points would go down to 14.50. I assumed closer to about 20 at worst. Eeep.

I'm regretting it now too! I have almost 9,000 and was hoping to save up 20,000 to get a swan rabbit. I didn't see anything I liked on the list before the change so I thought I'd hang off, thinking it would just take a bit longer to get it, but now that my points are worth £14 and are only valid for a year it's not going to happen. Really wish I'd just bought anything off the list now.

dh wrote:

Yes, I do now. I have around 10k points... :(

dh wrote:

Definitely, the points i do have would only have netted me something worth £6-7 if they are now worth half it sucks the only positive is that's enough to pay postage on something

LH is a Business. Never forget that. This looks like a hard nosed business decision, dressed up as New, Exciting, Improved. Hmm. A very familiar tactic. The OP should feel ashamed - but hey - its a job.....

Now - OhPoints = Waste Of Time..... :-(

Strange Days wrote:

LH is a Business. Never forget that. This looks like a hard nosed business decision, dressed up as New, Exciting, Improved. Hmm. A very familiar tactic. The OP should feel ashamed - but hey - its a job.....

The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude, Jess is just doing her job it wasn't her decision to change the scheme; and honestly the new scheme IS exciting, we can now use OH points towards orders, which is something we've long asked for and not been able to use. The points are also now in line with other places - ie. Tescos, boots ECT. The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

I understand that you're upset and disgruntled about the change as many other people are, but calling out the 'OP' i.e Jess because of this is a ridiculous and rude way of venting your frustrations.

Strange Days wrote:

Firstly, don't shoot the messenger, secondly, when this was posted i was under the impression that nothing had been decided for sure. When the scheme was first announced nobody knew exactly what the value of points would be, and nobody knew exactly how it would affect existing oh points. When it was first announced it was exciting and new!

I do think people have the right to be annoyed, just as others have the right to be excited, but its not fair to start singling out members of staff who probably had no direct input with the new scheme and blame them.

FrozenAngel wrote:

The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude.

The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

+1 on what I quoted. This sums it all up!

FrozenAngel wrote:

Strange Days wrote:

The OP should feel ashamed? I find this comment incredibly rude, Jess is just doing her job it wasn't her decision to change the scheme; and honestly the new scheme IS exciting, we can now use OH points towards orders, which is something we've long asked for and not been able to use. The points are also now in line with other places - ie. Tescos, boots ECT. The value of them has dropped down significantly, but oh well, things change; never forget that LH DO NOT have to offer a reward scheme, and plently of places do not offer one at all. It's something for nothing.

I understand that you're upset and disgruntled about the change as many other people are, but calling out the 'OP' i.e Jess because of this is a ridiculous and rude way of venting your frustrations.

Firstly, I agree that the comment about Jess being ashamed is harsh. As everyone is saying, don't shoot the messenger.

Secondly, Lovehoney not NEEDING to offer a reward scheme ISNT the point. The point is they DO offer a reward scheme and they have made it WORSE. It doesn't matter that they don't have to. It doesn't matter that it's now in line with other companies. They have still made the scheme worse in general and people are going to be upset with that. The oh points being so good is part of what made me constantly order from Lovehoney and drove me into this forum. Now they're "just like other companies" ie: useless. It's a real shame. Not a dealbreaker yet, but it does suck.

If we accept people making policies and scheme's worse because "other people do it" we're going to be living in a much grimer world that we already are.