Exciting News - Oh! Points Loyalty Scheme....

Hi all

We have some super-exciting news and some big changes coming your way very soon. I can't tell you everything just yet, but as you're such a beautiful and loyal community I can let you in on a few sneaky insights to whet your whistles...

Thanks to your feedback, suggestions and requests, we've decided to upgrade the Oh! Points Loyalty programme to make it even better than it already is! (Say whaaaat?!)

That's right! Over the years your biggest (and most frequent) request has been to be able to use points alongside real money. Remember all those times we said 'it'll never happen'? Turns out we were talking rubbish! You asked, and we're delivering (discreetly, of course).

As you can probably imagine, this is a mammoth task that will be completed in stages, so you're going to start to notice a few changes around the site here and there. Don't panic. That's our techy whizz kids working their magic to make all the improvements you (and we) want.

The first change will be that you won't be able to request particular items to be added to the Oh! Points list any more. (Moving forward, all products will be available to purchase with Oh! Points at checkout). If there is a product that is already in the list and you'd still like to purchase it with your current Oh! Points, I suggest you complete your purchase sooner, rather than later, to avoid disappointment.

You'll also notice that the products available in the current Oh! Points list will change over the next few days; some items will be removed, others will have a price change (number of Oh! Points required to purchase, rather actual monetary cost). These are all mini-steps to enable us to launch the brand spanking new Oh! Points loyalty programme.

I have now closed the "Oh! Points - What do you want to spend them on?" thread, as we're no longer taking requests.

Please feel free to discuss below but bare in mind we may not be able to answer all of your questions at this time as it's still very new news! All will be revealed in due course :)

Thanks everyone! 

*raises eyebrow*

Sum Sub wrote:

*raises eyebrow*

You'll lose that eyebrow soon if you aren't careful!

One more raise and it will fall off ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

JM88 wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

*raises eyebrow*

You'll lose that eyebrow soon if you aren't careful!

One more raise and it will fall off ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

It's ok, I have another

Is that a left or right eyebrow?

Stuburns wrote:

Is that a left or right eyebrow?

which one - the raised or the spare?

The raised. Generally one raise will be stronger than the other and it will take some training to bring the spare up to the same standard. Maybe when that main brow falls off there will be some time free of your raised brow 👍🏼

In honesty, my eyebrows are equally strong, since I use the left for cynicism and the right for cheekiness.
I also lift, bro, 3 times a week, and on the off days do core strength work.

You'll never find me shirking brow day

Admirable brow dedication. Also the Oh points changes sound positive. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

That's great news Jess

can I ask will the points still be earned at the same rate have the same monastery value and will we be able to use them on items that have a discount or with a voucher code ?

Ooh :) sounds intriguing!

Crap. Spend current 10,000 Oh points on things I like from the list, or wait and see and spend them with money. Now I'm conflicted!

If you can't answer this no worries. Is the value of the Oh points likely to change? Like if we have Oh points that we could purchase a £30 item with currently, will that equate to a £30 discount when combined with money?

Look foward to see what it all about. Well done lovehoney for listening to customers again.

The value of points will be changing slightly - they'll be more in line with other Loyalty programmes (such as Nectar points, for example). I believe points you already have on your account will reduce in monetary value if you don't spend them before the launch of the new programme, so it's probably best to spend them now if you have enough to make a purchase. 

Alternatively wait until the launch and (although the cash-value might decrease) you won't need to save up a total of X amount of points to be able to spend them. You can combine them with any order and get the benefit of points immediately. 

You'll be able to combine points with cash during any purchase - so you'll no longer be limited to placing separate 'Oh! Points orders'. The changes make the points themselves much more usable. 

snapper - You'll earn points in the same way, however it will be a slightly different rate. You'll be able to use your points against any purchase, whether it's in the sale, full price or part of an offer. It'll be just like using money :)

All of this also means that we can put your Oh! Points orders and monetary spends in one box when shipping - no more waiting for two (or more) separate parcels! 

Good news!!!

I am genuinely quite excited to see how this will all work in practice!

Jess that's great thank you .

One last question . Will the points we have already change ? so we still have the same monatery value
if the value of the points is changing ?

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

I believe points you already have on your account will reduce in monetary value if you don't spend them before the launch of the new programme, so it's probably best to spend them now if you have enough to make a purchase. 

snapper wrote:

One last question . Will the points we have already change ? so we still have the same monatery value

This makes me very sad :-(

snapper wrote:

HI Snapper

as Jess said above: '' I believe points you already have on your account will reduce in monetary value if you don't spend them before the launch of the new programme, so it's probably best to spend them now if you have enough to make a purchase. ''

Thank you

From comparing the Oh point scheme to supermarket loyalty schemes in the past, I'm not entirely surprised this is happening as you always got a LOT more back from shopping here than you would with your club cards. Had a bit of a 'too good to be true' feel when i compared my Lovehoney and Tesco rewards, which were disappointingly different considering Tesco got way more of my money and also gave me back far less.

Will be interested to see what happens (not much choice at this point anyway as we had planned to get items that have now been removed :p)...but sad to see the old scheme go tbh!