Expanding butt plugs

Quick question, as I trust the people here at Lovehoney more than pretty much anywhere else in the online sex toy world. I've been looking into "expanding" butt plugs, not the sort that inflates, but the sort that has 2 or more "petals" that expand out when inserted. They are available on various other toy sites, but I can't find any at Lovehoney. Is this because you don't see any demand, or because you have issue with their safety or something else? If you guys tell me they are dangerous or not a good idea for any reason, I'll abandon the idea altogether, it just seems like another interesting avenue to explore around feeling full.

I have to imagine it may have something to do with cleanliness. Cleaning these types of expanding plugs can be tough. I think they are also a bit of a niche product, and to get quality, means they would have to be rather pricey. The price margins may not be the best... Inflatable plugs meet a similar target market, and are cheaper. Just my opinion. I may be wrong!

Think it comes down to cleaning and the hygenie also safety of them(anus is very delicate) and the small market for them.

Thanks, that's sort of what I was thinking the niche market and potential safety issues. Perhaps I'll give an inflatable a go.

I think we used to sell something like this, but it has been discontinued.

Is this the kinda thing you're thinking of:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39626

Sadly no reviews though :(

The plugs I've seen are in silicone, but it's basically the same disign as Brenna linked to.

I don't think they are any harder to clean than realistic dildos with lots of texture, for example. I guess LH doesn't offer such expendable dildos because they are not overly popular. I'd love to buy one, though!

Lovehoney - Brenna wrote:

I think we used to sell something like this, but it has been discontinued.

Is this the kinda thing you're thinking of:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39626

Sadly no reviews though :(

Not really, that looks more like a chastity device, I was thinking more of the silicone ones as @Smultron mentioned. The "petals" are just part of the shape, you squeeze them together for insertion, and the theory is they then naturally expand once in place to give a more full feeling.

Thanks for the responses though, great to be part of such a helpful community. I don't think I'll bother with going anywhere else for this, I just trust Lovehoney too much to take the risk.

Give them a try, not much change lost if not ok but I think you'd actually like them.

Memo to self...put reading glasses on before reading topics list, that way you won't read it as "Exploding Butt Plugs" 🙄

1 Like

WillC wrote:

Memo to self...put reading glasses on before reading topics list, that way you won't read it as "Exploding Butt Plugs" 🙄

😂😂 Didn't know whether to laugh or wince at the idea of a butt plug exploding 😳😳😂😂

Definitely wince! 😉

It really depends on what kind of "explosion" you get when it's inserted ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

True! ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

I know which ones you mean, I have never seen them oh lovehoney in the past. You can always request it though. I eas looking at them but opted to stay loyal to lovehoney and buy the two inflatbale ones. And I must say I'm glad i did. I've reviewed both so feel free to read. The black one is definitely smaller than the natural one. Good luck

Delboy1991 wrote:

I know which ones you mean, I have never seen them oh lovehoney in the past. You can always request it though. I eas looking at them but opted to stay loyal to lovehoney and buy the two inflatbale ones. And I must say I'm glad i did. I've reviewed both so feel free to read. The black one is definitely smaller than the natural one. Good luck

Same here, decided to stick with trusted source for now. Couple of days ago purchased 2 inflatable plugs to explore.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=7323

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=6406

just waiting for them to arrive.