Fake Review?

Hmmm...

I have just seen a review for the Whisper Bullet Vibrator (today's Deal Of The Day) posted by Fran2012 - she says she got it at a bargain price as it was a Deal Of The Day which seems odd as she won't receive it till tomorrow. Anyhoo then the review includes this:

"All in all, I would easily recommend this bullet. With regard to cleaning, it's as easy as anything. Slip it off, turn it inside out, rinse it off and apply a bit of sex toy cleaner as necessary. Dry it off and put it away for storage. No problem.

Overall I've been happier with this toy than the other similar products I've tried and will keep it for when I want a different feeling to usual and maybe have a bit more time to allow for lubing, cleaning etc. this is what I thought male masturbators should be like! Give it a go!"

What the ??? I really hope LH isn't posting fake reviews!!!

I doubt it. Their reputation would be in taters.

Would you risk your company's good name with a fake review on a five quid dildo? You'd have to be an idiot.

Hmm I like to keep notes in a word document to make it easier when it comes to writing up my product reviews. It would be easy to accidently copy and paste the wrong information into a review. Maybe that's what they have done there. Surprised Lovehoney approved it though.

As for the 'Deal of the Day' issue, the review was posted back in February. She's obviously has received the bullet by now. Lovehoney just seem to offer the same product for DotD every now and then.

Sounds more like a copy/paste cockup than anything else to me... Don't see what LH would gain from having a review that only leads to confusion on a product page...

LOIS GRIFFIN wrote:

Hmmm...

I have just seen a review for the Whisper Bullet Vibrator (today's Deal Of The Day) posted by Fran2012 - she says she got it at a bargain price as it was a Deal Of The Day which seems odd as she won't receive it till tomorrow. Anyhoo then the review includes this:

"All in all, I would easily recommend this bullet. With regard to cleaning, it's as easy as anything. Slip it off, turn it inside out, rinse it off and apply a bit of sex toy cleaner as necessary. Dry it off and put it away for storage. No problem.

Overall I've been happier with this toy than the other similar products I've tried and will keep it for when I want a different feeling to usual and maybe have a bit more time to allow for lubing, cleaning etc. this is what I thought male masturbators should be like! Give it a go!"

The bullet was on Deal of Day several times, as far as I recall it. Its one of the product which is there relatively regularly. So no, it does not mean its fake, she can easily have it for some time and she could bought it as a Deal of the Day.

LH does post the same products as Deals of the Day, some toys more often than others. Even saw the same toy being there like 3 times a month, maybe even more in some cases at one time.

LH don't need to post fake reviews, they have testers for a reason ;)

It looks like a copy/paste error, I've done it before but realised myy mistake before posting the review.

LOIS GRIFFIN wrote:

Hmmm...

Hi LOIS GRIFFIN,

Welcome to the forum, it's always nice to meet a new member! Hopefully I can help clear up the confusion with this review.

Firstly - it's illegal to post fabricated reviews. It's called astroturfing and some unscrupulous companies do it - it's something Lovehoney has never done and would never do.

The other forum members are right, but I have put my Sherlock hat on and I have investigated...

We keep a list of all the previous Deal of the Day dates, and in 2012 the Whisper Bullet appeared on the 11th February and the 13th April. Therefore, it would make sense that a review would be posted on the 13th February by an enthusiastic poster who tried the bullet the day they got it.

We only ever edit reviews for profanity, spelling and grammar and we keep a record of all reviews as they are initially submitted, and the review post-edit so we can always check up. The review should have ended with "All in all, I would easily recommend this bullet" and I've fixed it now. The editor must have made a slip up by pasting a portion of another review to the end of this one - human error and I'll alert them to it.

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Well i have just brought one from the deal of the day :D so i will be putting my review up as i have done several times Thank you LoveHunny... Love your site :D x

Hello, like wot Alice said we do keep a record of every 'raw' review... and every Deal of the Day.

The same deals do appear on an intermittent basis, sometimes because they did really well and people like it, and mostly due to the fact we have enough stock to sell them at a particular price without upsetting our lovely Buying Team.

And not only would we be crazy to risk our reputation on a 'five quid dildo' we'd know we get found out by hawk-eyed readers.

doublethumbsup.gif!

I bet it was a bloke wot dun it

It would be pointless posting a fake review for a bad product, they would only be returned and would cost them money...

Hah! Awesome point. I assume the types of companies who do that kind of thing aren't the type to offer no-quibble money-back guarantees, would be a bit of a tit move to do both!

One year ago LH opened an Australian store. I was really taken in by the free shipping option, deal of the week and point system. But the big clincher was potentially WINNING things! I know it's a long shot and knew not to expect to win. Feeling good about my decision I began buying from the store monthly since mid year and have spent close to 4 figures on toys since.

On their Australian site they have a blog. Each month they do a "Review Of The Month" post. Since May 2014 I have noticed that Butterflybee has won a $200 voucher and 2,000 pts TWICE (making 4,000 points total). OUCH! has won a $200 voucher and 2,000 pts. And spoonerism has also won 2,000 pts TWICE (making 4,000 points total). I concluded that the accounts were either 1) Fake as f*** or 2) Admin was gifting to friends. Never in my whole life have I seen people win repeatedly for WRITTEN reviews so close after each review. If the reviews were fantastic I would have understood. But most were not detailed, and no matter how great multiple orgasms are, stating that is not a review. Reviews are detailed - and the majority of the reviews have NOT been.

So, by chance I decided to log onto the UK site to browse. I noticed a familiar name on the product review (I have close to a photographic memory). Not only that, they mentioned receiving a 'tester' which Australian clients are not eligible for. Click on it - the winner was UK based. Hold on - what is this? I decided to click on the several of the winning reviews to discover ALL the 'winners' are UK based. What confused me was why wouldn't LH disclose that ONLY UK people are eligible to win vouchers and points on their AUSTRALIAN blog? I decided to investigate further. One of the Reviews of the Month had, you guess it - THREE LH employee reviews! Hold up - the 'winning' reviewer PLUS three, THREE LH employee reviewers? What is going on? If you don't believe me, look for yourself:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30946&reviewpage=3#customer_reviews

I am now beyond CONVINCED that LH giveaways for the most part are fake. C'mon - how else could several vague reviewers keep winning despite thousands of customers? And mainly for LH products? I have taken numerous screen shots of it all. Not only do I find it misleading and unethical to NOT disclose to Australian customers we don't have a chance in hell of ever winning ANYTHING (despite how much we review and spend) to 'make out' your company provides 'real' reviews and giveaways which are looking more and more fake by the day disgusts me. I have contacted LH directly to enquire and I will be interested to read their answer. But as it stands, me and my screen shots of their site and blog tell me its bogus.

I dont think its fake as those members are regulars on the forum. Im guessing then that love honey blog prizes are for all the countries, not a seperate winner for each country.

the reviews ive seen winning are really good, so i dont think they dont deserve to win! If each review was badly written and by the same person then you might have a point.

lh presumably have some kind of judging system to make it fair and decide the best review based on that, not just picking people they like!

And before you think im defending them, i have never won but nor am i convinced its a hoax!

Eta also i think the latest winner was someone new to the forum and it was their first review. So surely they cant be in on something and be favoured? Just that they wrote a good review.

i dont understand your point about employees leaving reviews? Presumably they still function as sexual beings despite being employees so no reason why they cant buy products and leave reviews?

The Baroness wrote:

One year ago LH opened an Australian store. I was really taken in by the free shipping option, deal of the week and point system. But the big clincher was potentially WINNING things! I know it's a long shot and knew not to expect to win. Feeling good about my decision I began buying from the store monthly since mid year and have spent close to 4 figures on toys since.

On their Australian site they have a blog. Each month they do a "Review Of The Month" post. Since May 2014 I have noticed that Butterflybee has won a $200 voucher and 2,000 pts TWICE (making 4,000 points total). OUCH! has won a $200 voucher and 2,000 pts. And spoonerism has also won 2,000 pts TWICE (making 4,000 points total). I concluded that the accounts were either 1) Fake as f*** or 2) Admin was gifting to friends. Never in my whole life have I seen people win repeatedly for WRITTEN reviews so close after each review. If the reviews were fantastic I would have understood. But most were not detailed, and no matter how great multiple orgasms are, stating that is not a review. Reviews are detailed - and the majority of the reviews have NOT been.

So, by chance I decided to log onto the UK site to browse. I noticed a familiar name on the product review (I have close to a photographic memory). Not only that, they mentioned receiving a 'tester' which Australian clients are not eligible for. Click on it - the winner was UK based. Hold on - what is this? I decided to click on the several of the winning reviews to discover ALL the 'winners' are UK based. What confused me was why wouldn't LH disclose that ONLY UK people are eligible to win vouchers and points on their AUSTRALIAN blog? I decided to investigate further. One of the Reviews of the Month had, you guess it - THREE LH employee reviews! Hold up - the 'winning' reviewer PLUS three, THREE LH employee reviewers? What is going on? If you don't believe me, look for yourself:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30946&reviewpage=3#customer_reviews

I am now beyond CONVINCED that LH giveaways for the most part are fake. C'mon - how else could several vague reviewers keep winning despite thousands of customers? And mainly for LH products? I have taken numerous screen shots of it all. Not only do I find it misleading and unethical to NOT disclose to Australian customers we don't have a chance in hell of ever winning ANYTHING (despite how much we review and spend) to 'make out' your company provides 'real' reviews and giveaways which are looking more and more fake by the day disgusts me. I have contacted LH directly to enquire and I will be interested to read their answer. But as it stands, me and my screen shots of their site and blog tell me its bogus.

Don't be an idiot. The people that win are real people, active on this forum and on other social media. So the same people win more than once. Big deal. The people who review are also real. LH sends me products to test, am I fake?? Are my reviews fake? I've been a runner up twice for review of the month and once for model of the month. Are my pictures fake too? No. Stop trying to draw conclusions based on your own misinformation...

Ever think maybe the same people keep winning because thousands of customers buy things and a. don't leave a review or b. leave a crap two sentence one that contains no useful information?

Pro tip: if I wasn't real or was LH staff I wouldn't be allowed to call you an idiot. You're an idiot. See? Real :p

Pro tip2: quit trolling.

So because you don't win you think it's a fix?!

I haven't won but that just spurs me on to do better.

And no spending loads of money doesn't mean you should win!!

Ahh I see a troll has decended on us!

LH giveaways etc are real, I have received many free products to review and a couple of real life friends have received products via LH comps.

It would stand to reason that when LH opened their Aus and USA sites, that they used reviews from the UK site. So it means they are not faked.

I've been sent a few free items to test and been runner up on model of the month and I'm certainly not fake.

The winners have been very worthy winners in my opinion, whether they have won 2,3 or more tmes. It just spurs me on to try better.

al those people you've singled out are active forum members, and write a hell of a lot of good quality reviews. I've never won review of the month, doesn't make it fake. if LH employees were writing fake reviews, dont you think they'd hide the fact they work for the company? Also, you dont win testers, you earn them by being a regualr good quality reviewer.

For the record, guys, I champion folks winning. I believe in excellence. But seriously - how many times do you see the SAME people winning over and over again for average reviews with sooooo many reviewers. If the reviews are in fact real (which I doubt, but if they are) the Online Mods are deeply biased. The corset review they lauded as detailed a few months was anything but. Regardless, my trust and faith in the LH brand has gone down, down, down. I feel like a fool for giving them nearly a thousand dollars worth of business over the past 6 months (PLUS additional business via word of mouth and my blog) when I could have referred another company who operates above-board. Feel like a DAMN idiot. Especially because I've been reviewing items to boot when there was ZERO chance of EVER winning!!!!! Writing real reviews for them to be given to potentiall fake ones - NOT cool, LH. NOT cool.