Faulty lube bottle? What do I do?

So on the 26th June, I got a new liquid silk lube bottle from LH that has a pump. This is my second bottle of this particular lube and my first bottle I bought a month or two ago was fine and nothing was wrong with it. With this one however, it doesn’t want to squirt 90 percent of the time and I have to fiddle around with it for 5 minutes and it really puts a damper on things when I’m in the mood and lustfully grab the lube and a toy and then it’s 5 minutes of trying to get it to work. I’ve even just was like “f it” and just screwed the pump off and used it without the pump part which makes me use more product than I need to. Do I contact customer care or not about this issue? It just seems like a “me” problem. Also, with my second one, it was super hard to get the pump to activate and with the first one I just had to pull it up slightly and it was fine the whole way through. Is the bottle faulty or not?

UPDATE I contacted Lovehoney and this issue has been resolved. Thanks for everyone’s comments :blush:

1 Like

Sounds like it is faulty. Have a chat to the customer care folks.

You could decant it into another soap dispenser style bottle if you have one handy?

Have done this before. Doesn’t necessarily work because of a narrower tube and the consistency difference. Depends on the lube and your soap bottles.

1 Like

@Ian_Chimp no I don’t really have one handy and I’m not too sure where to get one that doesn’t leak. I usually have to have the lube bottle on its side as my drawers are too small to have bottles standing up. All of the soap dispensers I’ve ever have had leaked :frowning:

Do you still have the old bottle to hand? You coukd just swap the pumps over? Or get a glass or water and pump the water through it so you know it’s clear?

This might be a really silly and obvious point, but thought I’d throw it out there anyway. The liquid silk lube bottles have a stopper when you twist the top (to prevent leaks etc) - have you checked to make sure the top is ‘open’ as such? There’s arrows on the top of the dispenser that say stop and open so you know which way it should be turned. Sorry if you already know and have tried this, but I know it’s sometimes these kind of things that trick me out!

@WelshCouple91 Unfortunately I repurposed the old bottle, including the pump as a soap bottle so I can’t really do that :frowning:

@SexInTheCity yes I already know this and have tried this countless times. Thanks for the reply though.

I’d defo contact customer care as it could be a fault with the bottles that needs be looked at and improved for future purchases

1 Like

I agree with @AJSTAR
If you are unable to use the product correctly then it seems to be faulty.

1 Like

UPDATE I contacted Lovehoney and this issue has been resolved. Thanks for everyone’s comments :blush:

3 Likes