Favourite tipple(s)

White Russians... Yummy. Whiskey Mack too (Ginger Wine and Whisky).

mrbumps wrote:

i think a bottle of that stuff would cost you like £28k

:O I also love Amarula :)

This post is no longer available.

single malt whiskey, absinthe, beers such as stout

Tried cocktails for the first time recently and I quite like mint ones as well as creamy/rich ones. Only one cocktail though as most are stronger than they taste!

Cold beer, straight from the fridge after a hard day.

I've started to really get into cider.

Have you tried the fruit ciders Peachy Keen? Strawberry & lime, blueberry or toffee apple are my favourites :)

Peachy keen wrote:

I've started to really get into cider.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I wanted to ask if there was anyone in the know for dark rum recommendations? I don’t drink it but would like a good(ish) quality one for Xmas (family) drinking and also cooking. Something verging on special, but not spiced. Maybe upto £25 a bottle. Can anyone make a suggestion?

Of you check out masters of malt on the www, you’ll get plenty of choice. It’s my go to site for my rum.

1 Like

See my entry above, sorry.

Thanks. Will check it out :+1:

Oh
Mount gay is a good rum
Langs banana rum is my current go to, 2 measures in a pint topped up with ginger beer and a dash of lime :ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Banana rum? Like actual banana flavour? Oh my. Sounds very interesting - the flavour combos read well. :blush:

Actual banana.
Tesco, £25 langs banana rum. You’re welcome

The Mount Gay sounds delicious too :+1:

fresh vanilla, sweet almond, ripe banana and mocha

Thank you. And thank you Tesco :blush:

1 Like

I used to mix my rum with coke and ice, I’m now enjoying it with only a lump of ice. When you sip and enjoy the true taste, there’s nothing better.

1 Like

Some kind of Speyside or Highland malt. Neat in a nosing glass if trying for the first time. Then with a few drops of water to enhance the flavouring. If it’s one I know well, then usually in the rocks :+1:

Sparkling mineral water.:grin:

1 Like

I’m a lager girl! But also like rum and tequila :beer::tumbler_glass::lemon:

Hi @Baby_Jane Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva 15 YO is a bit delicious. :yum:

2 Likes