Female condoms

Was thinking could femidoms be used as a way to stop the chances of infection when going from anal to vaginal penetration? I love anal and would love to try switching between vaginal and anal but infections is obviously a big worry with that. Has anyone ever used them for this, if so how did it work out? Also is there anyone on here in general that uses or has tried female condoms and if so why do you like or dislike them?

I haven't tried them but I know they they are not liked in general. They are harder to use than male condoms and often just are in the way. I think you may have to hold it. They also are more expensive than male ones. There isn't a lot of people who use them because of these reasons.

If you want to try going from anal to vaginal, you could use a male condom during anal sex and take it off for vaginal sex, or you could douche before and use no condom (of course always wear a condom if you have not been tested) and have baby wipes near to wipe of before having vaginal sex. I'm not 100% sure about the last one though.

These are only suggestions and ideas, I have never tried any of them nor have I tried a female condom. I'm only commenting because I think it may be heloful to share what I know about it until someone more expenrimented comments.

I tried them years ago and in my experience it took some perseverance to insert & use them correctly. They are basically a huge condom with a large ring at one end and a smaller ring at the other end. The condom is lubricated on the inside and on the outside.

To use - remove packaging, squeeze the smaller ring and insert into the vagina, then insert a finger or two to push the ring up to the cervix, when it is in the right place the ring will expand and you should no longer feel it. The larger ring along with some of the condom sits on the outside of the vagina. You need to make sure that the penis enters the condom by holding it in place each time he enters you as it Is easy in the heat of the moment for it to miss the condom and go in at the side of it as there is nothing on the outside to hold the larger ring in place. When you have finished twist the condom a few times to trap any fluid and gently pull it out.

I didn't find any real issues using them, they were comfortable however it can be embarrassing. I wouldn't suggest using them with someone you can't laugh with, a new partner or someone who gets turned off easily. If you can imagine holding this large ring attached to something that resembles a small carrier bag hanging outside of your vagina while trying to make sure he enters the condom & not you all the time trying to look sexy, its not going to happen lol. We couldn't stop laughing. Tips - explain that you are going to try them before hand as they are enough to make anyone go limp with shock If its not expected, explain that he needs to make sure he enters the condom each time & not you & practice inserting one before hand on your own as it is fiddley until you get the hang of it.

If you can handle the embarrassment factor which really is ok if your close to the person then it Is worth a try. Let us know how you get on. Oh sorry for the long post, just trying to be informative. Hope this helps x

The last time we got female condoms when we were still living in the UK were from the family planning clinic and they were free. Had to ask for them as them prefer to give out the normal male condoms as they are cheaper.