Female urethral sounding

Anyone have any experience - personal or with a partner - of urethral sounding with a woman?

I'd really like to try it out, but given the lengths of the urethral sounds along with how short and delicate female urethras can be...I'm a little concerned about the risk of accidental injury, I imagine the wrong move and those could do some serious damage.

I would be seriously more concerned about UTIs

There was a thread discussing this a while back. I'll go & see if I can find it :)

I`ve tried male sounding,only along the length of the penis,i would never enter the bladder,also i would avoid any sound with a diameter of less than 6mm,any less are far to pointed and risk causing damage.As for UTI`s if you make sure everything is sterile,including your hands,there should be no problems.But as a female utrethra is so short,i doubt there`d be much pleasure to be had.

It's still on my to try list. I love sounding men and have had great reactions from them. I know women who have done it and enjoyed it.

You don't need to insert the whole sound, start with just a small amount and take a little more each time you play. There is a style of sound called rosebud sounds which look a bit like long metal cotton buds, unfortunately lovehoney don't sell them, but they would be worth looking at if you are worried about inserting too far.

Yes, one wrong move could cause some serious damage, but like WillC said, don't use the smallest sound available. I have a set and tend to start with the third thickness (although if you are buying a set, some have sounds that are essentially two in one with different sizes at each end). Use plenty of sterile lube. Lovehoney do sachets with the e-stim products. And take it slow. And use more lube.

If you are prone to UTIs you may wish to consider that before doing this, but make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before play, you may even want to consider disposable gloves and you should be fine.

I had absolutely no idea what this was and had to google it! Having done so, think we'll probably be passing on that but absolutely each to their own

Not for me personally but I imagine one would have to be extremely careful.....And pay particular attention to cleanliness, hygiene and steralisation xx

With male sounding,a steel sound just drops down the shaft under it`s own weught,no need to force it,the ribbed Lovehoney one is great if you gently stroke the shft while it`s inserted.I have had a rather traumatic Cystoscopy(Camera down the penis) and gave Sounding a try as a sort of aversion therapy.It is very enjoyable! I have seen both male and female sounding on porn sites,if any of you are interested in investigating it! I guess with men,it gives some idea of what it feels like for a female to be penetrated.

Sound advice from Terri in her nurses uniform ! It's not something I would like to do as I have enough trouble suffering from a sensitive bladder

My ex had to have catheterisation many years ago after a serious back injury. I was taught to do it and scrupulous hygiene was "mandatory". She had it done unhygienically by a nurse and ended up with septicaemia. For me, it's playing with fire and isn't remotely worth the risk!!!

I've not done it before, not really keen tbh, but like others have mentioned, keeping everything clean is very important! Jess did a couple vids not too long ago, which you can check out here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bya-3OoamU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdl7zVYnmqo

TwigletsGirl wrote:

Anyone have any experience - personal or with a partner - of urethral sounding with a woman?

I'd really like to try it out, but given the lengths of the urethral sounds along with how short and delicate female urethras can be...I'm a little concerned about the risk of accidental injury, I imagine the wrong move and those could do some serious damage.

Yes I have done if with previous partners.

As suggested hygiene is very important put the sounding rod in boiling water for a minute and allow it to cool. Don't as some on other sites recommend using stariwipes as they contain alcohol and it will sting.

The rods are the same for both sex's but are long enough for men to reach the prostate.

The idea with a woman is to stimulate the g spot internally.. So its a good idea to work out roughly how much rod needs inserting.

Another good idea is to use a speculum like a Collins so you can visually see the rods passage through the vaginal roof or meateus.

It is a very unusual sensation for both sex's and does take a few times to get used to so a little perseverance is required.

For most women the very idea of having something inserted into the urethra is way to sensitive, but if you take a look at the internal physical geography of a woman's sexual anatomy it stands to reason some would find it arousing. It plays into a few fetishes and kinks. Its very submissive to allow it to be done to yourself. Also if done s part of a medical fetish its a huge turn on to be restrained exposed in such very vulnerable way.

Its possible to give some women a sensory overload. With an inserted speculum , vibe butt plug , clit bullet vibe used on both the clit and to touch the sounding rod. Once you've located the g spot just vibe the rod. I found that this sort of stimulation can enduce female ejacultion.

As a partner the view is both highly arousing and erotic. The issue as a man is to not get to excited and get to rough . it needs to be done slowly with good communication.

To see the extreme pleasure its possible to give a woman with just small pin point stimulation Is exquisite.

I've done it to myself lots and to my wife once in awhile using something looking like this;

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33614

its short so less dangerous and not as pointy(the version I have) yes everything clean, individual sachet of lube better, clean "outside area" with anti bacterial cleaner, had no issues, its quite kinky for the person using the sound, a speculum can also help access and view.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=34407

This is the correct and best sounding rod for female urethal sounding. The gentle curves stop it from being lost or entering to far. It all so gives the ability to pin point the area to be stimulated.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16485

This is the Collins speculum I referred to if its inserted the other way up to the picture then it exposes and opens it too aid insertion.

goldenoldie wrote:

My ex had to have catheterisation many years ago after a serious back injury. I was taught to do it and scrupulous hygiene was "mandatory". She had it done unhygienically by a nurse and ended up with septicaemia. For me, it's playing with fire and isn't remotely worth the risk!!!

This!

Gentle giant wrote:

TwigletsGirl wrote:

Anyone have any experience - personal or with a partner - of urethral sounding with a woman?

I'd really like to try it out, but given the lengths of the urethral sounds along with how short and delicate female urethras can be...I'm a little concerned about the risk of accidental injury, I imagine the wrong move and those could do some serious damage.

Yes I have done if with previous partners.

As suggested hygiene is very important put the sounding rod in boiling water for a minute and allow it to cool. Don't as some on other sites recommend using stariwipes as they contain alcohol and it will sting.

The rods are the same for both sex's but are long enough for men to reach the prostate.

The idea with a woman is to stimulate the g spot internally.. So its a good idea to work out roughly how much rod needs inserting.

Another good idea is to use a speculum like a Collins so you can visually see the rods passage through the vaginal roof or meateus.

It is a very unusual sensation for both sex's and does take a few times to get used to so a little perseverance is required.

For most women the very idea of having something inserted into the urethra is way to sensitive, but if you take a look at the internal physical geography of a woman's sexual anatomy it stands to reason some would find it arousing. It plays into a few fetishes and kinks. Its very submissive to allow it to be done to yourself. Also if done s part of a medical fetish its a huge turn on to be restrained exposed in such very vulnerable way.

Its possible to give some women a sensory overload. With an inserted speculum , vibe butt plug , clit bullet vibe used on both the clit and to touch the sounding rod. Once you've located the g spot just vibe the rod. I found that this sort of stimulation can enduce female ejacultion.

As a partner the view is both highly arousing and erotic. The issue as a man is to not get to excited and get to rough . it needs to be done slowly with good communication.

To see the extreme pleasure its possible to give a woman with just small pin point stimulation Is exquisite.

This was very interesting to read, thanks Gentle Giant

There has been some more discussion on this here too : 

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1470251-urethral-sounding-women-can-do-it-too/

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

There has been some more discussion on this here too :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1470251-urethral-sounding-women-can-do-it-too/

^ Thanks Leanne! This is the thread I was trying to find :)

Gentle giant wrote:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16485

This is the Collins speculum I referred to if its inserted the other way up to the picture then it exposes and opens it too aid insertion.

Yes to both of your posts, speculum, screw at the bottom(lying on her back) and maybe 7/8mm too see how it goes as yes not too pointy.