Fetish dating sites

So, I've been off here a while but me & mrs h are now separated, but no sympathy please; I'm more than happy about it.
Anyway, back to the point; I'm not interested in the whole dating & relationships thing at the moment, but I have been browsing a certain type of dating site. Does anyone have enough experience of these to give any recommendations?
I heard alt.com was the best but I signed up for free & there didn't seem to be many local people on there. Same with another that I can't remember the name of.
Fetishdatingclub however seemed to have a lot of local people on, though now I'm signed up I'm starting to wonder how many are active. Plus I have come across a bit of a glitch and so far support haven't been too helpful. A girl contacted me after seeing my profile and she seems great, however my reply to her was rejected by her filters (on age or distance) but she contacted me first!!! There is now no way I can reply to her and she'll just think I'm ignoring her; very frustrating!

ALthough not a dating site Fetlife seems to be quite successful in getting people together or at least forming a local network of friends.

Checked out fetlife a year or so ago and was daunted by the sheer size of it. Might have another look now my 'needs' have changed slightly since then

+1 for Fetlife. You get some questionable people but the majority are lovely and happy to help you explore

One of the biggest fetish fairs for kinksters is on this Sunday in Birmingham. The Birmingham Bizarre Bazaar what better way to spend a bank holliday. With two bars and a resturant so you can meet and mingle.

The 'Demo' this month will be Violet Wands. (Electro stimulation)

Check out Fetlife

Had another look at FL, still don't know where to start on there.
Come to the conclusion that fetishdatingclub is a load of rubbish. Loads of scammers & most of the real profiles look like they've been inactive for ages.
As for the one good profile I have seen; site support say she might, eventually see my reply that was filtered (even though she msgd me first). Great

If you search Fetlife on this message board it will bring up the main Fetlife thread from a while back. If you put your location (or county) you can find local events easily. I suggest joining lots of groups that interest you and linking to people from here (send a message first though) which will expand your network.

Loads of info on the main Fetlife thread.