Fifty shades of grey- is it a sign?

Hi my wife and I are going to the fifty shades of grey movie on valentines day,it was her suggestion.i got her the book but she was not interested in it at all and she has never shown any signs that she likes that side of things,neither have I although I fantasise about it.i wonder if it is maybe a sign she wants to try something different.

maybe...

I read the first book and didn't really like it. My boyfriend and I take part in mostly light bdsm. We're going to see the film on Valentine's day because I think the actor is cute...
If I were you, I'd ask her if it's a sign. There are lots of other reasons she might want to go, like curiosity, or if her friends are going to go to it she might want to talk about it with them. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, just ask her! :)

Iwish wrote:

Hi my wife and I are going to the fifty shades of grey movie on valentines day,it was her suggestion.i got her the book but she was not interested in it at all and she has never shown any signs that she likes that side of things,neither have I although I fantasise about it.i wonder if it is maybe a sign she wants to try something different.

I think it's a sign that the the conversation can be started. You can ask after the film if there was anything she liked the look of, anything she thought she might like to try, talk about your favourite bits... (and just as importantly if there was anything you want to rule out!)

I think this is what FSOG has done: opened up the conversation. Then it's up to individuals where they take it!

I think Alice raised a great point! Although I detest the writing style of the book and Ana's character as a whole (if that inner goddess nonsense makes it into the movie, I'm walking out), I'm hoping that watching the movie with my boyfriend might plant a little seed of BDSM in his mind. I'd love to be dominated in bed but he's mostly a very vanilla person and I don't really know how to broach the subject. This should be a nice little catalyst!

It's great that she actually suggested watching the movie! If it's tastefully done, I'm sure the sex scenes will put some ideas into her head. :3 Good luck to the both of us!

At least you have a reason to bring it up, while watching u could ask her if she would do that.. If her reply is a no at least u can laugh and make it into a joke. Or something like " I just brought some of those ( handcuffs ect ) x

I wouldn't necessarily take it as I sign - just because you want to watch a film about something, it doesn't mean you want to re-enact it. However, as others have said, it will be a brilliant conversation starter and it might give her some ideas as well - good luck and fingers crossed!

The books, whether you like them or not, certainly started conversations, opened some eyes and changed some people's attitudes; they lead me to this site for a star!

I am sure the film will do the same

I wanted to drag my boyfriend to it so we could laugh about how bad it was so don't be so sure!

More seriously though, talk to her about it! If you want to try some things, you should feel able to suggest them to her or at least discuss what she thinks about them

It's certainly worth having a conversation about it. If you're interested then maybe ask how she might feel about some light stuff. Perhaps a blindfold or having her wrists lightly tied? We started with stockings as they are super soft and stretchy so I could get my hands free if I needed to.
She may have suggested the film as she's curious, or just that it's likely to be quite a turn on. I wouldn't worry about her not liking the book, it's the unsexiest and most inaccurate thing I've ever read. But it has introduced a lot of people, like us, to the joys of tying each other up which can only be a good thing.
Hope you both have fun!

The books were pants tbh but the film, there is hope that it could fair better.

But one thing is for sure, is that fsog has opened up this kind of life to talk and not made it such a hidden thing.

Maybe try her with a book like The Diary of a submissie by sophie morgan, it's much better

Were going to watch the film, and we have read the books, and other similar books, were always asking eachother if there's anything we've read that we would like to try, and on occation we have tried something we've read, so looking forward to the film.

No, it's a film.

Minkish Minx wrote:

I'm hoping that watching the movie with my boyfriend might plant a little seed of BDSM in his mind. I'd love to be dominated in bed but he's mostly a very vanilla person and I don't really know how to broach the subject. This should be a nice little catalyst!

Exactly this for me, too! The missus read the books to know what all the fuss was about. She said she enjoyed them well enough, she likes all the Secret Diary and Girl With a One-Track Mind series, etc... despite this sex remains very vanilla and very infrequent.

However, she's booked tickets for FSoG and with any luck the material can be made into a better film than what I've heard about the literature. It should at least pave the way for an interesting conversation or two about what we saw on screen.

Good luck to everyone, lol. ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Minkish Minx wrote:

I'm hoping that watching the movie with my boyfriend might plant a little seed of BDSM in his mind. I'd love to be dominated in bed but he's mostly a very vanilla person and I don't really know how to broach the subject. This should be a nice little catalyst!

That would surely be music to most guys ears? I know I'd love to hear it. Sadly I'm in a similar situation to you, I've no problems in approaching the subject or talking to her about it. It just goes in one ear and out the other unfortuntely!