Films or books

I was wondering a way too get to know more about you all. So i thought why not ask this beautiful community what the majority of you folks prefer, a good movie or a compelling read? Also if you could elaborate on the types of films or books you enjoy most.
Personally I enjoy both however a good novel wins everytime, ranging from, erotica, crime, thriller's, and horrors.

I enjoy both but books more.
After enjoying eat, pray, love as book, I got really angry when the film was so bad. I'm more careful now to either read the book or watch the film, but never both.

A good movie i've never been a bookworm or enjoyed reading fiction books
when i go to pick out a movie on prime video i'll watch what ever takes my fancy as every single film i've searched for either doesn't exist or isn't on prime i do particularly like it when they have good erotic scenes in them

I'm a total bookworm, love detective stories the most but enjoy true life stories aswell. If it wasn't for my kids I wouldn't even have a TV I'm that uninterested in it lol! X

My fellas is a proper movie lover so, I am always curled up with a book, oh and I do a good factual book, they are always the best stories, maybe, i relate too the story and characters more. I forgot to add that in my last post

books, love me a good book :) however, sometimes you do need to binge watch a good series ;)

You can't beat a good series especially when it comes to the originals, or even better frisky business :)

I am a book worm and just my kindle app on my tablet takes nearly 500MB of the space and it contains both erotica literature as well as normal literature - from classical to modern (fantasy, scifi and detective stories).

I do enjoy good movies too, but I do read more books than I watch new movies - and I usually just use movies as a background noise lately to something else I am doing.

I agree about The Originals - it's superb! We love books, movies / box sets equally - at the moment we are enjoying House of Cards, White Collar & Suits. We recently bought the 3 Originals books that have been released which are prequels to the series which are excellent too, as you can never beat the detail and depth from books :) xx

There's a time and place for each option. When I am in bed or on a bus, I generally go for books. When I am exercising, I tend to go for a film (because even though you can read a book when you are riding an exercise bike or when you are running on a treadmil/eliptical machine, you drip sweat all over it/turn pages with sweaty fingers - and I am too fond of my books to ruin them that way). And when I go for a bike ride, I may listen to a good audiobook (for safety reasons I tend to put only one headphone in, though).

(And for some reason, I prefer old-fashioned, paper books over Kindles and iPads.)

If they're done right, both are superb... but you just cannot compare to a good book.

Definitely a movie. I'm too lazy to read the last book I read was " The very hungry caterpilar" it got me through some hard times lol 😂

The originals books has been added 2 my Xmas shopping wish list, I can't wait to read the books. Ive not seen season three yet I'll have to find it. I watched the first 2 twice it's that good! Also the attention to detail makes a good read more compelling too me. White collar is class, the relationship with Caffery, burke and moss is humorous. It's well made with well thought out scenarios.I don't know why ive never tried house of cards everyone I know love's it, I'll get around to it.
Also agree ive with owning the book rather Tha on kindle. I love my book collection, could do with a spare room to make into a library but now I'm day dreaming lol.
Another book fan, fantastic.
Xxx

I over white collar, mozzie is my favourite his awkwardness is brilliant x

Cole your post came whilst I was typing. Probably not my choice book, but if it gets you through hard times I'm all for it. It is good reading fantasy when you want to switch off. My fellas a proper movie buff, he watches at least one per night xx

Mozzy aces it, yeah his awkwardness n his constant panicking desire's are has me in stitches

Love books I read loads but I also love watching movies. When they make a movie from a book I'll always read the books first, as can't ever translate a book to film without losing stuff. I read/watch a wide range of stuff from Gone with the wind, to war & peace (still a work in progress sooo hard going) to the fsog series.... Same thing with films I loved the film Fury but can watch something sooo cheesy like Mannequin. If had to choose 1 it would be books I can lose myself in a book for hours.

Books!

Mainly comedy or thriller, films, don't do books as they are hard for me to get into as I'm slightly dyslexic.

How about Audio books Paulsballs?

I like books, but also enjoy a good film. What can I say, I like the best of both worlds!