Finger in Urethra

Hi Guys

I have a few sounding toys from lovehoney but I'm increasingly wanting to get my little finger inside my cock. I have a reasonably sized openeing and like to lube it up and try but I can't get very far. Has anyone any experience or tips?

How large are the sounds you have tried? I would probably say you would want to be looking at comfortably taking around 15mm (Although does depend on your finger size). Other than that, I would recommend using gloves or finger condoms just to make sure there are no rough edges on your fingers.

Before you can even consider a finger in your peehole you need to persist with sounds to get it to about the correct size, I've been sounding for about 3 years and It's taken me that long to get to a 16mm sound, this is big enough for my OH to get all her little finger in but I can only get past the first joint on my little finger so I'd have to go up to quite a large sound.

I read the title and even though I don't have a penis I totally winced. All I can say it be patient, do a little at a time gradually increasing your sounding diameter before you try your finger. If you rush you could cause some serious damage. Good luck 😘

Currently sounding at about 10mm atm. Ive got very small pinky and still cant yet. So you deffo need to sound a bit bigger.

Generally speaking I hightly recommend against using a finger in the urethra. The general rule for sounding is that anything you insert should be sterile, and it's not possible to sterilise your finger (let alone fingernail!)

If you insist on trying finger insertion, don't go deep, and make sure you coat your finger with something, like a finger cot or condom.

You must provide a barrier between your finger and your urethra because fingernails are inherently dirty (no matter how 'clean' you've made them) and they easily scratch the delicate skin inside the head of your penis.

Ever accidentally scratched yourself with a nail and been left with a small but gross cut? Now imagine that inside your penis. Not fun!

I totally agree with Jess, this is definitely some sound advice to consider before rushing into anything! x

What you desire to do does sound painful to me!, but it's your body and your wish. Do explore hygeine and safety first - no one wants the pain from a UTI believe me! x πŸ˜₯

As jess said, fingers can hold a lot of bacteria especially under the nail and this can lead to some very nasty UTI or other issues you may cause. Just keep to sounding toys and don’t push yourself too far. Finger cots are excellent for this so if you do insist on going into penetrating your peehole then definitely purchase some.

Another +1 with Jess. I used to do sounding with a guy, always making sure my sounds were sterile. Unfortunately, one day he decided to use a pen on his own. Ended up with an infection in his urethrae and needing 2 lots of antibiotics. Please be careful x

Another who is thinking please be careful. Get some finger cots or use a condom please.

Been using finger for a long time and no issues. Depends how clean you are. But can always use a latex glove and some lube first before using finger

There was a similar thread some time ago where the hygene police came on strong.

Perhaps if you are susceptible to infection then I can fully understand taking extra precautions but a healthy person ... are you sure we are not getting into Health and Safety gone mad?

As per Mr K, I have used a finger in the past with no issues (of course nails are an issue).

Getting back on thread, if you can't get your finger in then I would suggest you don't try to hard. If you want to get it in further then I think you need to build up to it with larger sounds until the finger goes in fairly easily.

You can buy sets of sounds that have two different sizes on oposite ends that go from about 6mm to 18mm these are smooth steel ones that allow you to slowly progress, rather than turn it round and use the larger end just keep inserting and the bigger size slides in, I got up to 15mm most of the way in and 12mm a long way in 300mm and yes could get my finger into the second knuckle, but stick with smooth steel sounds rather than silicone

Mr&Mrs_Kinky wrote:

Been using finger for a long time and no issues. Depends how clean you are. But can always use a latex glove and some lube first before using finger

I'm glad you've never had any issues, but to clarify, it doesn't matter how clean you are. That implies only unclean people risk a UTI or a nasty infected scratch, and that's just not true.

All nails are loaded with bacteria and if you knick the inside of the urethra, you will get a nasty infection. It just takes one snag on the nail to do long term damage.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Mr&Mrs_Kinky wrote:

I'm glad you've never had any issues, but to clarify, it doesn't matter how clean you are. That implies only unclean people risk a UTI or a nasty infected scratch, and that's just not true.

All nails are loaded with bacteria and if you knick the inside of the urethra, you will get a nasty infection. It just takes one snag on the nail to do long term damage.

Hence why i suggested gloves for some Didnt realise you were the expert*

As a newer member, you may not have known that Jess is our bondage expert, which is why she offers up her advice and great advice that is.

Anyone with Lovehoney in front of their name is staff and are often one of our experts in their area and also may have attended the NVQ in sexual happiness too.

We will always offer up the best advice that we can from a Lovehoney POV and as you can imagine we do not want to condone any activities that may have a negative impact on our customers, especially if it could be a health risk too.

Hope this helps explain why Jess is an expert and why she is very passionate about safe play, we all are.

Passionate about 'ultra' safe play perhaps but in the really world ...

Sounds to stretch yourself if you want and then perhaps we should all take responsibilty for our actions and what we enjoy doing.

Hence why i suggested gloves for some Didnt realise you were the expert* ...... This comment was a bit rude & not needed. This forum is for advice, "experts" or not. But, FYI your not going to get more expert than Jess. πŸ’β€β™€οΈ

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated.

Genuinely never even knew what sounding was until I saw this thread!