First time anal...

I know there must be a thread on here somewhere, but I can't be arsed to find it.

I'm keen to try anal, but my partner is large - he's about 8inches and pretty gurthy... I am nervous about it hurting and also about the hygiene issues. Can anybody offer any tips on how to approach it, what to have to prepare etc.... should I think about getting a butt plug to ease myself into it beforehand?

Suggestions needed! Thank youuuu!

Anal beads there great for that used them with my girlfriend

ScarlettMae wrote:

I know there must be a thread on here somewhere, but I can't be arsed to find it.

Lol I laughed at thatπŸ˜… Start small and work upward... Tbh.. I think you might be surprised how far you can get in a short space of time!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‡

reckon I should play on my own first? i'm just scared cause he's big...

Well I suggest you have a no 2 and make sure you are all done!( well it does have to be saidπŸ˜‰)also ensure you are as clean as yo u can be before.. Shower etc... And you could use a douche to clean up a bit more.
Get anal lube and some training butt plays.. To get things limbered up.
You need to be in right frame of mind... Ie vv turned on.
When you start.. Go slow / lubed and easy. Work up the sizes and let you get used to the sensation before moving on more.
As you relax... It gets easier... So don't tense up.
Before long you will surprise the hell out of yourself, and what works...
I endedx up going straight in for the "A" trophy with no training... And I was with a 9 inch guy,who was v gerthy... And I was right as rainπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‡
Just relax.. And don't let him ram you.. Doesn't work.... Slow and steady,, and stop to get used to it.
Worth in the end thoughπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‡πŸ˜„

1 Like

Hi ScarlettMae, the best advice I can give is to take is extremely slowly and use lots of lube. It is always best to start with a finger - my Husband uses a glove when he does this so that afterwards you just turn it inside out and you have no worries about mess etc. We use these:-

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10680

It may take several sessions before you are able to penetrate fully - just take as long as you need and build up very slowly. Just get used to playing with your fingers for a couple of sessions and enjoy those sensations before you try again - you can try to build up to 2 fingers then 3 fingers - making sure you use lots of lube - this is essential - there are lots of anal lubes on LH to choose from.

Just make sure you take your time, and if you feel any pain or discomfort, stop immediately.

Also, I have heard lots of good things about this book, have a read through the reviews, it could also be very helpful:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=1554

I hope this all helps and good luck :) xx

What everyone else said is pretty much all i was going to say.

Before my OH left for a 10week course we started anal play. Theres no way in hell id let him try slide up there straight away because he's rather large and that just wasnt happening.

I brought the doc johnsons anal beginners kit (i dont know how to put a thread thingy on here sorry) it comes with a small medium and large butt plug and then a large vibrator, and also some anal lube which i think is really good. You could start off with any kit or just a smallish plug if you want to save on pennies.

I brought an anal douche (again sorry dont know how to put the thread on here but its on this site under douches) which i used a good few hours before hand. was really easy to use and made me feel alot more confident playing with the toys with my OH.

Even with the small and medium plug the sensation to me was really strange and had to stop and carry on with foreplay or sex then carry on a few minutes later to get used to it. Since he's been away i've still been using them and starting to really enjoy it (he's enjoying the clips i send him showing how much i can take now) I feel like i graduated cos i can now use all the plugs and the vibrator and just purchased a dildo for anal play.

If your worried about mess/smell then id definately say get a douche and clean out before hand but if your on your own or he's not too bothered i wouldnt worry. Just take it really slowly and at a pace your comfortable with playing with toys first to get you accostumed to it. Whatever makes you comfortable.

Have fun :)

As ever Scorpius, your advice is perfect, it really is about being in the right frame of mind, relaxed and not rushing. As Curious also mentioned, maybe some beads if fingers are not your thing. Just remember plenty of lube and don't forget the anal passage is like a vacumn, make sure any toys you use has a handle or grip so you don not lose it.

Very simply start small and work up, practise on your own and letting your partner use toys on you before him entering will relax you and open you up a bit, you have to be relaxed. I wouldn't worry too much about hygiene tbh go to the toilet, have a wash that's basically it, it's not meant to be entirely clean in there and worrying about being clean can ruin it for you, just remember once he's been back there he can't go up front without a wash as one it's dirty and can cause problems due to bacteria.

I had anal with an ex who was fairly average and coped fine, then my current who is pretty damn big tried and because I weren't expecting such a struggle it wasn't great, but we worked on it and now it is. Don't expect to get all the way first time either and he gas to understand you need to warm up.

slow and steady

I am currently in anal training !! Have been gradually increasing plug size and have also been using a dp cock ring to get used to sensation of intercourse !! Nearly there !

Thanks so much for the advice everyone! I love anal stimulation, like putting a bullet there, so I think getting some butt plugs is a good call! I'll need to get the cheapest ones though cause I'm broke :( But thanks so much for all the tips. I'll get an anal douche too for when I begin play with a partner. Thanks for the tips guys :) x

As always, the community have got it right.

Patience

Lube

Relaxation

More Lube

More Patience

Even more Lube

And another tip - when you DO start to have anal sex with your partner, the best thing to do is for you to go on top - that way, you are in control of how much/how far you go. This is so unbelievably important - I learnt the hard way.

Douching is really a personal thing - if it gives you more peace of mind, then go for it - just don't over-do it.

Good luck!

My partner is quite large too and I had nerves about it for ages - I'd recommend a few butt plugs or anal beads to help open you up before he tries to fit in, and one product I'm TOTALLY in love with is Anal Eaze - it numbs you a bit and makes the whole experience so enjoyable, without taking away the sensations.

The first time I had anal I was really anxious, but he took it slow, massaging me a bit to calm my nerves and stopped when I said I found it uncomfortable, applying plenty of lube - by the time I got into it I didn't want to stop.

The key is good communication, patience, and try to breathe to help yourself relax. I find wearing a butt plug for a little while before really helps and turns you on to the idea before any sexy stuff is happening :)

As long as you wash before hand and after you'll be fine. We use condoms when we do anal, just in case! Hope this helps!

Its A good idea to try anal plugs first, my tip is, insert your chosen toy just about quarter of its length and pause for I little bit just to get used to it then insert a little bit more say half way then pause again keep going like that so long as it's comfortable carry on relax and enjoy , if not take out and try again in a little pause and keep going like that you may feel a little stretch sensation don't over do it first time around, I tried a few times and was unsure if I liked it or not but for some reason I wanted to keep on trying I soon realised I liked the gentle stretching sensation, small very soon went to medium and so on, slow and steady is the way forward, and have fun,

ScarlettMae wrote:

I'm keen to try anal, but my partner is large - he's about 8inches and pretty gurthy... I am nervous about it hurting and also about the hygiene issues. Can anybody offer any tips on how to approach it, what to have to prepare etc.... should I think about getting a butt plug to ease myself into it beforehand?

Suggestions needed! Thank youuuu!

Hi SM, can't be arsed to find the thread very funny.

Seriously, we don't have anal often due to the same issues you are having. All the advice above is great. My suggestion is something we do.

I get my wife to orgasm first so she is very relaxed. Then I lube her carefully not spreading it over her butt cheeks. Then myself as well. Then she assumes the doggystyle position on the edge of the bed and I stand behind her on the floor. At this point she takes total control all I am allowed to do is line myself up with her butt. Because her hands and cheeks are lube free she is able to pull them wide apart. Now she tells me I have to stand totally still no thrusting. She then edges herself on at her pace and depth. Let me tell you this is very erotic to see your OH opening herself up and backing onto you. He will love it and you are in control so not worrying about it being thrust in.

I have read your other post and you would prefer to be a sub but I think on this occasion you might be better taking control. Go so far as to tell him if he doesn't stand perfectly still he won't get it. I found this even more arousing.

Good luck and enjoy.

1 Like

I'll have to try that GG - I found even reading that erotic never mind what that would be like! ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif) I like being submissive, but when it comes to my pleasure, i'm pretty much in control ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

I also like being a bit of a tease ;)

ScarlettMae wrote:

I'll have to try that GG - I found even reading that erotic never mind what that would be like! ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif) I like being submissive, but when it comes to my pleasure, i'm pretty much in control ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

That's good your very welcome good luck.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=11538

We have just reviewed this I would recommend it . I've allows felt numbing an anus would be a bad thing in case you do something bad and didn't know. This I was very impressed with . It's not a lube so you but it on first. Might help read the reviews.

That looks great! It seems like a product that would make me feel more relaxed mentally too knowing that I wasn't as sensitive. The deepthroat idea is interesting too with the gel. Although I kinda like gagging.

Great, relax and plenty of lube. Would love to know how you get on keep posting .

Enjoy.