First time butt plug tips

The OH has started to enjoy me playing with her anally just a finger we've tried full anal but she just found it painful so I've suggested a butt plug. is a good way to start

Lube. Lots of lube.

A butt plug is a good way to start. If she is interested, buy a slim one to start with and see what she has to say about it.

Vanessa8 wrote:

Lube. Lots of lube.

Agreed!!

Also take it one step at a time - relax into it. Your OH obviously enjoys the sensation but mentally she may still see this as an 'alien' concept (unintentionally). I would suggest you stick with the finger for a while and in time maybe increase this to 2 and go from there.

There are soooo many plugs to choose from, you only have to look at the site to see the variations in shapes, sizes, materials, vibrating, inflatable etc etc it could be a bit daunting until she knows if it is insertable length or girth that she prefers. For me personally I prefer the 'full' feeling - but everyone is different.

Experimenting, starting small, I think is the way to go.

Good luck, and have fun xx

This is a good starter set; http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=3539

though their shape may make them tend to fall out possibly at the wrong time, but its still a good starting point.

Lube and get her to tell you how it feels, you can use them too, or she to use on you?

I have the tiny pink beginners butt plug and it does come out easy but at the same time for a total newbie I felt fine with it in when I got it. I have reviewed it off my profile if that is helpful... I have 90 reviews up so you will need to scroll back a few pages to find it.

I also graduated up to a the Lovehoney small vibrating plug... it is purple. Obviously bigger but doable for a beginner.

Highly reccomend the Doc Johnson Mood Naughty butt plugs.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=21229

Great quality and loads of fun. Some reviews say that the small is very small so maybe go straight to medium depending on what your OH thinks. I have the large and it's more of a medium compared to other plugs.

The size of the large in the multi-pack sets that you can get may be daunting and turn her off the idea if she hasn't tried them before.

...And use lots of lube...

Echo everyone else- Lube and relax into it! I used the basic slimline one and found it a great start. Best thing with it is to take your time and work your way into and never force it. Any anal play is always dependent on what happens. What hurts or feels bad one day may feel the best thing the next day.

Yes this is all great advice on here. I can only echo what everyone else has said by saying make sure she's relaxed, ensure you have plenty of lube to hand and start off small. I started getting curious when I tried a finger up there, then ordered a slimline anal prober before going up to small and finally medium butt plugs. I have recently manged to try anal sex with my OH and it feels amazing but it took a few months of easing into it before we got there. Enjoy experimenting!

Lube, lube, lube ! Make sure she's relaxed and you've maybe had your finger up there for a couple or minutes or so and then gently insert the plug. Get her to breathe slowly and each time she exhales push the plug in a tiny bit further. Any beginners or small plug is fine to start off with .....probers are good too. I have the liquorice dip set and they are great, it also saves you having to buy more when you progress to something larger. Just a tip on removing plugs as everyone always concentrates on the getting them in aspect. A firm but gentle consistent pressure will remove the plug but again it's important to relax. Tell her that you are going to remove it and give her a few seconds to let her muscles go slack. It's a good idea for her to practice this on her own a few times so that she can teach herself to relax on removal x

This one only has a 2.5" diameter so is not a lot bigger then a finger. Perfect as a first butt plug. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2002 be careful to check the diameter of the one you pick as for it to be called a beginner it has to be up to 5" which is actually too big for a first time user. I've used them on and off for a few years and I wouldn't get one larger then a 3.5" diameter.

Just wanted to add if she's worried about poop or anything i would recommend getting an anal douche as well to put her mind at rest.

I find lying on my back really helpful to relax, take some deep breaths and kissing really helps too, also when it comes to actual anal then work your way up to it and then once you have your helmet inside her, don't move and allow her just to relax and it will naturally open up to allow you to get the rest in anyway.

I had the purple vibrating beginners butt plug which was brilliant until it died, compared to my ex it felt pretty small so I'm sure it'll be fine.

This is exactly how we started off, it takes time and practice for her to learn how to relax. Enjoy.

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

This one only has a 2.5" diameter so is not a lot bigger then a finger. Perfect as a first butt plug. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2002 be careful to check the diameter of the one you pick as for it to be called a beginner it has to be up to 5" which is actually too big for a first time user. I've used them on and off for a few years and I wouldn't get one larger then a 3.5" diameter.

I'm sure most people will have worked out Vanilla means circumference not Dia., mine are dia and are huge, just in case the new ones get confused?

Quiet ones are worse! wrote:

Vanilla_Kink wrote:

I'm sure most people will have worked out Vanilla means circumference not Dia., mine are dia and are huge, just in case the new ones get confused?

Oopsie! Thank you! I definitely did mean circumference, not diameter x

Thanks all.
few wines 🍷first then ha