Flash USB vibrator charging help

Hello people :-)

Well the new addition to the toy box arrived today and I have a charging question. It says once the light has stopped flashing it is fully charged but it has been on charge for 7 hours and the light still hasn't gone out. Is this a sign that it's faulty?

Just to clarify - the light should stop flashing not go out completely. I find the light is very difficult to see on the Flash bullet so cup your hands over it to make sure its still on but stopped flashing.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Just to clarify - the light should stop flashing not go out completely. I find the light is very difficult to see on the Flash bullet so cup your hands over it to make sure its still on but stopped flashing.

Exactly this. It's very very difficult to see the light at all and it's a steady light when charged.

O.k thanks, it was definitely still flashing. I unplugged it because I didn't want to leave it on charge for more than that without checking with you guys. It already had some charge when it arrived so I'm thinking it really should have fully charged by now?

Yeah it is very hard to see the light, I had to pull the blinds down to see it.

I had it charging in a dark corner in the bedroom with only a lamp on the far end of the room. It was definitely still flashing but I'll see how I get on with it.

If I was you I'd contact customer care on chat and see what they say hun :)

under normal daylight the light is nigh on impossible to see on the pink USB bullet, i plugged mine in to my computer for a few hours had to cup my hands over in order to see the light and the light did stop flashing & went steady as it's supposed to when fully charged.

one of the other reviewers had the same problem of the light not stopping flashing but they ended up using it anyway and it worked ok

Or maybe just see if it works first - if it doesn't, then it's faulty. If it does work then you could use it, charge it again and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't stop flashing the second time you'll probably want to get in touch with customer care then.

This is the one I've got, with a couple of you mentioning a pink one I thought id clarify. Don't know if it makes a difference?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627

Some USB ports carry more power than others too. If possible charge it from a USB plug in the mains rather than from a computer.

If charging from a computer - with a desktop computer charge from a port at the back of it.

With a laptop you should be able to charge from any of the ports.

Thanks Ste. I actually used the plug part from my phone charger, I thought that would give it the best charge?

Yep it should if plugged in to the mains, that's the fastest and strongest way of charging.

If that's not working then think you need to contact LH as you may have a faulty product.

Yep it should if plugged in to the mains, that's the fastest and strongest way of charging.

If that's not working then think you need to contact LH as you may have a faulty product.

I have both the black and the pink. They're different. My black one stopped working a couple of months ago. The light holds steady but that's the only sign of life. It doesn't turn on or anything else. Really need to call customer support and get it exchanged.

Yours is the first thread I've seen about this one malfunctioning. Hopefully the two of us have just gotten unlucky with ours.

Here's a link to the pink one. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28437

I don't know how the internals compare, but externally there are several differences despite the similarity in names. The pink one is clearly one-part with just a cap to cover the USB point. The black one has both male and female USB connectors in the middle. Picture on this page for those who want to check it out. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=26627

I don't know about charging time either as I only charged mine the once. Call customer support, they're great.

Excellent info there Rose Hip, thanks so much. Haven't used it yet but I did turn it on to see if it was working. It is and you can go through all the modes on it. The thing is, if the light isn't going to indicate that it's fully charged, or indeed charge fully at all, it may die on me at a crucial moment which would really pee me off! I'll get it plugged back in and see if it behaves lol. Thanks again :-)

I dont have this toy. But I have few rechargeable toys which use USB charging. I use the laptop only, because the USB adaptors for mains charging can be different from each other, in terms of power they use. So you need to make sure what are you using.

I would check if there is any info on the manual. I would be surprised if LH would not put this info somewhere... They usually do in most cases. If not, I would ask the customer care if they can provide me with this information. Generally I had problems with indicators of charging and it usually meant that the toy was faulty and there was another problem with it.

That's what I was thinking. A dodgy light isn't a good start! It says on the instructions that you can use the mains or a pc/laptop. I'll have a look at it when I get chance and will contact customer service. Thanks

I spoke to Customer Service chat, they're sending me a replacement

I have just remembered that mine came fully charged though it said it would need charging. The on/off/charing light is certainly very difficult to see but it was clearer to see when it was running out/out of charge.

Must write that review before I forget these details!