Flat/Inverted nipples

Does anyone else have flat or inverted nipples?
My nipples don't stick out at all, when they are cold they literally shrivel inwards. Even when i'm turned on they don't stick out.
I hate it, especially when my OH is playing with my breasts, theres no nipple to squeeze, pinch, suck etc - it still feels good sometimes but needless to say it's not as fun or easy.
I feel like i'm the only person who has this problem as i've never heard anyone say they are the same.
If you do, do you feel like it impacts you sexually?

Hi, m ine always were inverted/flat and i hated it and got them pierced which has improved it massively, but i dont know if that works for everyone.
I never found they impacted me sexually, only in confidence. Ive heard theyre quite common so i wouldn't worry about it!

Ohhhh I thought I was one of the very few people who have this. My right one is more of a problem due to an injury when younger - it literally doesn't stick out at all even in cold weather. Nipple clamps are more of an issue than anything.

It kinda bothers me, but not enough for me to look to get anything done about it.

Subbysam I was considering getting a piercing at one point but don't think I can face it!

My sister has it. According to her, sexually doesn't have a massive impact as she's still sensitive and gets pleasure from it. However, she feels a bit upset about the way she looks, but it's not such a big issue to make her go down the surgery route. It's just one of those things I suppose.

There are cosmetic surgery procedures to correct inverted nipples, maybe google see if its worth considering

Thanks for the replies, i'm not considering getting any procedures or anything to 'fix' it. Although i don't like it and wish they stuck out purely for pleasure reasons. i am self consious about them, but my OH doesn't care so i'm slowly getting over it.
I like knowing i'm not the only one who's nipples don't stick out at all, felt like it wasn't all that common.

I would like to try nipple clamps but it'll be a pointless purchase unfortunately.

nipple peircings look awesome, not something i've considered due to the pain of it getting done. Brave woman you are!

have you tried suction ??

hampshirecouple wrote:

Unfortunately I don't find the nipple suckers work. Like, they feel good but don't do anything for getting to nipple to come out :(

hampshirecouple wrote:

No, but i have looked at the nipple suction cups a long time ago, forgot about them to be honest as i have't been on here for ages. Think i'll definitely give them a go at some point. Thanks!

Hey C.A

I have quite flat nipples, and they're not very sensitive...I think due to breast-feeding all three of my kids for 4 years each!

Anyways... I tested and have written a review for these Nipple suckers https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38571 After using them my nipples 'stuck out' much more prominently and were lots more sensitive for ages afterward! TBH, they aren't very good or sexy, but I think, with lots of use, they would work well to correct flat nipples.

I really really like these for nipple suction https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31568

The other thing worth mentioning is that i noticed that the more i played with my nipples the less they inverted, so they started poking out a little occasionally. I never really played with them much because i didnt like how flat and inverted they were, but once i started doing alot more nipple play regularly, they started to be a little more cooperative (even though i never had the "standing to attention" nipples i wanted)

Pierced nipples do tend to stand proud, I have my left one done and it’s bigger than the right one

Inverted nipples is incredibly common on both men and women. Between 10-20% of women are born with at least one inverted nipple, and that number increases when you consider than nipples can invert for a number of reasons, from injury, to hormonal changes. 

Now, if you'd like for yout nipples to stand more proudly, I would recommend as the others have said. 

Firstly, try nipple suckers. Wear them for up to 10 minutes. They should draw blood to the area, and make them engorge and become erect. 

If this kind doesn't work for you, try these instead. The rings work like a mini cock ring to keep the blood where you need it to keep them erect once you've removed the pump. 

This may not work first time, but can be used as a training regime - a bit like a penis pump should be. Regular pumping for 10 mins at a time should help your nipples "learn" a new position. 

For sexytime, you should find that with some practice you can pump, and follow straight up with clamps or a vibrator afterwards. Vibrations, strokes and licks will all help continue blood flow to the area. 

And finally, if you want something more permanent, with quick results and are happy to have a bit of pain, nipple piercings will help. This is how I encouraged my inverted nipple to stay out. 

I had mind pierced horizontally and wore barbells in them for about 10 years. While you have you jewellery in, your nipples will be erect. However if you want to be able to remove the jewellery,  you should find that you can do this after about 6-12 months and be left with permenent results.) 

The constant wearing of jewellery will help "reset" your nipples (I hope you know what I mean by that!) but also, even when the jewellery has been removed, the scar tissue that's left behind "firms" yor nipple internally, which helps it stand up. (Don't worry, you / your partner can't feel this firmness - it basically just gives your nipple a backbone, so to speak!) 

This is interesting, can I ask mums who had this, does pregnancy change it long term?

I’m just wondering about feeding and stuff?

My sister used a special set of mini cups that used a plastic syringe to suck the air out while she was pregnant as she was determined to breast feed. They were thimble sized so she'd wear them for as long as possible under a padded bra.

They did work, though, and she successfully breast fed my niece without a problem. She didn't need the cups for the second pregnancy as they made a permanent change for her.

I'd say that the suckers with the rings Jess suggests would be the nearest product to try.