Fleshlight - Practical and honest advice please

Hi I have fancied buying a Fleshlight for sometime now and was just waiting for a Beat the clock 30 or 40% discount to come my way but I got thinking, how practical will the maintenance be for a Fleshlight. I have read several reviews suggesting how to clean it but in my situation, not sure if its for me. I am married with 2 children, 13 and 21 yrs old living in our house with only the family bathroom at my disposal. When I read about the cleaning and drying process involved with a Fleshlight I feel I would not be able to clean it discreetly enough, I dont want ANYONE to know what Im up to in the early hours 😉, any practical advise for my situation would be fantastic.

Any toy like that that you are inserting your penis into will need to be turned inside out and left to air dry. Unless you are happy to replace them very regularly. Anything with the “real feel” or soft touch type material (fleshlights being the obvious example but even tenga eggs have the same) will need the renewer powder (or similar) to stop them going sticky.

The renewer powder is less of a faff than it sounds really but is there somewhere you could leave the toy to air dry? A ventilated cupboard people don’t look in?

Hi, Yes, leaving it out to dry is one of the tricky bits, I would just have to hope I didnt bump into anyone coming out of the bathroom with it in my hand. Also worried about all the flushing and rinsing noises beforehand to get it clean, In our house, in the dead of night you can hear a pin drop. I should be able to pop in the cupboard or maybe in a box under the bed while its drying.

The Fleshlight insert is easy enough to clean as it can be turned inside out easily. You can towel it almost dry the same way too. After that it dries completely quite quickly in a warm room.

Fleshlight recommend the use of their rejuvenating powder after washing (it's just cornflour) but after a couple of very messy and dusty attempts I've stopped using it and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Awesome, many thanks for your advice.

Or get a tenga flip which is a lot easier to clean.

Never turned a Fleshlight inside out - good luck with that - have cleaned a few though

I'm pretty sure the instructions on my fleshlight said *under no circumstances turn this inside out*. The material is super-delicate (as you would hope) so anything like that will very likely damage/destroy it. My process is: run water through it, seal both ends with water in & shake, sit it in front of my desk fan so the air blows through for 30 mins. Done. 100% get one, they are incredible.

I agree, turning a fleshlight inside out would be nigh on impossible and ruin it.

With other thinner sleeves perfectly practical

The insert on my Fleshlight Pilot is very easy to turn inside out. No problem at all and no damage or possibility of damage.

rockstar wrote:

The insert on my Fleshlight Pilot is very easy to turn inside out. No problem at all and no damage or possibility of damage.

Had to search this 'new' model, looks like they have finally tried to compete with the Tenga.

Still surprised it would withstand being turned inside out, certainly the older style ones would have issues

For the ampont of pleasure I got vs the cost and amount of clean up work it use involves I will not buy a second one . I have turned my insert inside out multiple times with zero damage .

For the ampont of pleasure I got vs the cost and amount of clean up work it use involves I will not buy a second one . I have turned my insert inside out multiple times with zero damage .

The most difficult thing about fleshlights is the cleaning 100%. They feel nice enough, but due to the faff, I rarely use mine any more. They are far too delicate to turn inside out to dry, I wouldn't advise that at all, and that's with them being a much mure durable material than something like a toy from the Thrust series also sold here.

I'd thoroughly reccomend a Tenga Flip of some description. They're very easy to clean and store, and feel even better imo as their casting seems much more complex and enveloping. I've got a Flip Hole Zero EV myself.

Another alternative is a sleeve like the Fleshlight Quickshot Pulse/Vantage. I recently bought a Pulse and it's all the quality and pleasure you would expect from a Fleshlught product, but with the advantage of being much easier to clean quickly and small enough that it's very easy to store.

I'm the one that cleans out my OH fleshlights and yes this is the hardest part of using it because of the dry time, but it's really not that bad. You can always wrap it in a towel when leaving your bathroom and for it to dry out in. Using the renewer powder is to stop mirco fibres from sticking to it and to bring back the super soft skin feel of it. Because without the renewer powder on it can feel sticky'ish to the touch and the fibres stick to it. You can always just pop a bit of powder on the towel once dry and gently rub it over it. But it is a very satisfying experience using a fleshlights so I'm told, so worth the little bit of effort in cleaning.

MrsG. wrote:

I'm the one that cleans out my OH fleshlights and yes this is the hardest part of using it because of the dry time, but it's really not that bad. You can always wrap it in a towel when leaving your bathroom and for it to dry out in. Using the renewer powder is to stop mirco fibres from sticking to it and to bring back the super soft skin feel of it. Because without the renewer powder on it can feel sticky'ish to the touch and the fibres stick to it. You can always just pop a bit of powder on the towel once dry and gently rub it over it. But it is a very satisfying experience using a fleshlights so I'm told, so worth the little bit of effort in cleaning.

With my older style Fleshlights the 'renewer powder' was just cornflour that you can by at any grocery store.

Cleaning and drying them was such a pain I switched to Tenga flip (which - for me - feels so much better than the tradition FLs). Perhaps the new style FLs, if you can turn them inside out then that would be easier.

As said earlier, for discretion perhaps a thin sleeve with a bit of lube or in the shower (what I used when travelling) is a better option because they are easy to clean and dry?

Do brand new fleshlight have the tacky he feel to it? Mine just arrived and I opened it up and my finger proper stuck it and I nearly pulled fleshlight out of sleeve and wasn’t expecting that to say it’s new

Dusting it with cornflour should sort that out. :+1: