Floggers

Done a search and I can't find anything on this point specifically but sorry if I've missed it.

We recently won 2 floggers and have now been bought a 3rd off our wishlist - they look and smell divine and feel fantastic too.

We've never tried floggers before though and I'm sure a talented hand will make them feel all the better and avoid any painful mishaps so I wondered if anyone (I'm looking at you SG!) has any tips on using floggers.

Whilst we're on the topic, I've decided floggers seem perfect for beginners, particularly suede ones because it seems they can be really gentle as well as stingy and they can be used for stroking and teasing too. I'd love to know other people's thoughts!

I've found this as a starting point but I'd love to here what the rest of you have to say!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/02/17/spanking-whipping-guide/

Cheers gang!

Adxx

We'll be testing our mini flogger this week as part of our domintrix kit review item for Love Honey. Will have to wait until Wednesday however as she's at an army base for the next few days.

I got my OH his first flogger at Christmas and it didn't take him long to get into the 'swing' of it. I would definetly suggest some practice.

My OH placed something small on the bed (like a scrunchie) and tried to aim at it. It didn't take him long to get his aim perfected.

I would also suggest making sure that you moisturise your skin too, especially if it is going to be a regular thing.

After a lovely long flogging at the weekend my OH used a massage candle on me, paying particular attention to where I was red. The hot wax/oil felt wonderful and soothing.

I am very interested in trying out a bit of flogging (well getting the hubby to try it out on me ) so this thread is great as I too would be interested in any hints/tips having never tried anything like it before.

Thanks for bringing this up AdnaW! I've always been intrigued by flogging, but i've never tried/tested it because I knew very little about it. I, too, would love to hear any tips for beginners like myself from people who are more experienced with flogging.

I can highly recommend this little flogger http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15817 It is perfect for beginners and a lovely addition to any toybox.

We used to enjoy a good regular session with the floggers, but don't seem to have the time these days. We have a few - a short rubber lace one for intimate bits, a larger rubber strip one with dildo handle, a 'normal' leather strip one and a larger leather lace one which is my personal favourite.

What I would say is that if you're going for any serious hitting with them other than the gentle figure-eight style, then practise on a cushion first. Carelessly aimed blowscan be very painful, and that's what puts most people off this sort of play.

Use your free hand to guide the flogger by letting the strands run through your fingers as you release the downstroke, and most importantly, don't follow through with the stroke - stop your arm once the strands have made contact. It's the follow-through that stings and leaves marks. Also be careful not to let the ends wrap around arms or thighs on impact - the ends speed up dramatically as they wrap round and that really stings too. Aim is everything.

With a little practice, you can soon get a good thrashing going without any really stingy-painful 'OUCH!' moments; it gets to be almost like a good solid massage at times.

There used to be a good series of videos by Ona Zee called 'Learning the Ropes' that were great bongage tutorials, but I don't know if they're abailable on DVD anywhere.

Floggers.... what can I say but WOW. I love the Bondage boutique suede flogger which is small and so beautiful. I also own a small rubber flogger which gives more of a sting. They are amazing and am on the look out for a larger one that gives more of a louder cracking sound so any advice..... please plet me know lol =P

Thanks 5mil, for the good hints and tips!

Woo! Only just seen this Ad! Good advice from 5ml regarding speeding up tails wrapping around arms! I love flogging my better half and she loves being flogged before and during being flucked! ;-) I know Hella doesn't think that they "deliver" but in my experience, they do. . . . depending on who's using them and whether you're new to flogging or not. If it's something new, you will most probably love it AdnaW! Of course it doesn't produce the sting of a crop or cane but if that's what you want, don't use a flogger or use the crop/cane then use the flogger for the more sensuous aspects of the session. As has been mentioned, practice makes perfect. I practiced on a pillow and still do occasionally. Depending on the length of your flogger you'll need to make room. You'd be surprised how much space you need to windmill a 22 inch flogger around! Even a short one needs room. I prefare my OH to stand with wrists bound, arms outstretched over her head with spreader bar attached to her ankles. We have a little steel ring screwed into the ceiling for restraint purposes not having an A frame or dungeon nor room for either! I've found suede floggers are good for her pussy and my cock. Rubber will sting a fair bit more and leather more still. My OH likes the sting but equally likes the heavy thud of a bigger, thicker tailed flogger across her ribs and back. She prefers the sting of rubber on her nipples and the soft teasing of suede on her pussy. On her arse which doesn't mark easily at all she loves leather. We've got a cracking looking one which is leather tails fashioned to look like barbed wire! Never strike the face, neck and throat area and the base of the spine. I know I'm always banging on about it but take a look at jacksfloggers.co.uk
Enjoy! Stay safe! SG x Nobody's cracking my arse with a proper whip in a million years!

Ello Hella!

Only just spotted your reply here so apologies for my late rebuttal. Just to say. . . .I wasn't having a go here I was merely stating my honest opinion. I do like crops and rubber chickens also.

Just incase you thought I was being antagonistic which I would never do

SG x

I prefer the sensual, teasing side rather than the hitting aspect (generally i prefer feathers and ticklers) especially when bound to the bed with the under bed restraints and blindfolded (havent in a while though *sob*). Run it over the breasts and round the nipples, down the sides and inner thigh, it really heightens the senses then maybe get a bit rougher when turned over. Vary the pain/pleasure x

Oh wow - how did I miss all this!

You guys and gals are fab - knew you'd come up trumps SG! Great advice there!

Hella, this:

Why? The temptation to pick up a flogger as a tactile, comfortable bit of kit to have, hold and swing began to outweigh the purpose of having any sort of whip in my hand. It's likely that any flogger just isn't going to pack the punch it needs to and the bigger you get, the less localised the strike becomes - meaning a larger area of contact and a diluted strike.

is exactly why I'm quickly beginning to realise they are great for beginners....as long as you bear in mind it's easy to get the tips of the fronds catching unexpected places! They can really be quite gentle!

And Emma - I'm learning how luscious stroking suede can feel!

Great advice from everyone :D

Cheers!

Axx

Oh and forgot to say 5 mil - fab words there - exactly what I was looking for.

Definitely some tricks to try out :)

Axx

Anyone remember SG's flogger innocence? Asking for tips a while ago. Bless!

Now he's a full on flogging kinkster! These forums improve people I tell ya! You learn a lot here!

I've learnt a lot and discovered I have a bit of a talent for it! I like bodies and how they react to pain and position. I've done martial arts since I was young and was always more interested in locks, holds and using weapons. So I like handling people and am not bad with something controlable in my hand! I actually love flogging. I think I collect floggers now :-p But. . . No fucker's coming near me with a bullwhip! Youch!

T'is good SG! I'm glad we have a place to discussion our pervesions while becoming more perverted!

I've learnt so much of this place and been just as much inspired!

I used to do Brazilian ju jitsu. I *was* quite flexible, some joints like my wrists still are (wonder why ey?). My best mate was really good at Thai boxing and I think he's into the cage fighting stuff now... Was great to beat the stocky bastard in a grapple when I'm a weedy sod! I was always a fast runner so I didn't make the mistake of engaging in the Thai stuff, haha! Choose your battles as Sun Tzu makes clear!

I did judo for ten years in kirkby then kung fu at the Lee shan in waterloo then ended up kickboxing for liverpool sporting karate in Crocky. Fought for England under 15's and won a trophy once for the most disqualified fighter on the north west circuit. It was a bad year that one! :-) My mate did Ju Jitsu at Barlows Lane. It was Jutsu Kempo style I think. Very quick indeed. One of the instructors was struck off there, nasty fucker apparently.

I've never owned a flogger. I'm not keen on the idea of paddles but floggers appeal to me more! I like the look of the one with the metal beads to stroke and tease someones body and genitals! So many things i want! x MC x

I'd suggest a flogger before a paddle. Much softer and better for inexperienced hands!