Flying with sex toys BA?

Hello all
Just wondering if anyone has travelled in the UK with BA as going to travel abroad but will have a couple of sex toys brand new in the original unopened packaging as gifts and dont know if I should pack them in the hand luggage or check in luggage? They are battery operated, not rechargeable though and have batteries included. I have wrapped them in gift wrapping as they are gifts. What do people advise? thanks

1 Like

We travel with toys all the time (both battery and re-chargeable) and have never had any issues.
They normally go in our checked luggage but we have also had them in hand luggage and have never had problems.
The Security staff at the airport will have seen it all before and if you do get stopped just inform them what is in there to save any embarrasment.
The main thing to check is the country requirements that you are going to. Some do not allow toys.

3 Likes

I never fly with wrapped presents in case security need to inspect, for one Xmas I took the wrapping paper and tape with me.

Depending on the country you are going to it is not an issue that it is a sex toy but more that they might be unsure what it is and need to open the package.

1 Like

Hey welcome to the forum! :smiley: I’d not worry too much about this and just pack them accordingly. It’s very rare people have issues with toys in luggage

I accidentally left a vibrating cock ring in my hand luggage on a trip to Japan, but the first flight was a connection in Dubai. I only remembered when my bag got pulled at security x-ray and noticed the staff call over other staff to come look and they had a giggle, but they never said anything to me just handed my bag back haha :smile:

1 Like

I would put them in your checked luggage. They’ll likely be unwrapped if you’re stopped for a search and possibly opened.

Anything with insertable batteries has that wee pull thing that needs to be removed before it’ll work so you don’t need to worry about them turning on.

Checked luggage always :+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem with it before. Checked or hand luggage. Several airlines. Domestic and international.

@arry069 has made a very important point in respect of destinations (including countries where intermediate stop-overs /transfers are made)

It is imperative that you carry out research into whether sex aids are permitted in any country you arrive in, before you fly. The consequences of infringing stringent religious/cultural Laws in certain countries governing sex aids, could prove costly in terms of punishment.

As the old adage says: “Forewarned is forearmed.”

2 Likes

Travelled on many airlines and would advise to put in checked luggage rather than hand luggage, just to save any potential searches and embarrassment. If you pack battery toys I would also recommend taking batteries out so they don’t accidently switch on.

Most destinations are fine but check some countries like Dubai and Maldives where they do not allow sex toys.

1 Like