? For the ladies and gents

When looking for a toy/lingerie etc firstly I guess if the item has reviews do you read them all or first few. If its a particularly long review do you skip through it. Personally I prefer the review to tell me what feeling you get from the toy or what size you are and how that lingerie fit you. If the review goes into great detail about the size material and general things that are already in the description of the item then I immediately skip through. Short and to the point for me. Is that just because I'm a man?

When I write my reviews I seem to be middle of the board. Some are small though. I guess in main part it goes on how much of an item there is to review. I try not to go over stuff that is already in the description.

I'm a man as well, and I don't care for expressions of personal feelings regarding toy usage. I also find all those notorious notforbeginners—tookawhile—feltgoodafterwards—usealotoflube toy 'reviews' completely useless. Then there are those who wax lyrical about packaging or speed of delivery, as if it would in any way affect my buying decision for a particular toy.

I'm looking for information, including detailed component measurements, usage tips, techniques, advice, comparisons with other competing designs, and most of all — complaints, which can be really informative. When I'm out fishing for information, I want information, and lots of it preferably, and thus "short and the the point" as you put it doesn't do it for me, at all, as it's very unlikely I will find the bits I'm after in a twitter-plus message, since that's what it is.

I agree with looking at complaints. Lh reviews are always placed with best first so does everyone also scroll to the bottom of the lists to see the lower marked reviews?

I hate the long drawn out reviews about meaaurementsof toys etc. Stuff I can find written in the description anyway. I prefer to read personal experiences or advice and with lingerie what cup size it is suited to or whether it flatters etc. Like you said Stuburns if a review is lengthy I will skip it as it's most likely been bulked out with useless information.

With regards to reading lower marked reviews I tend to click the most recent tab above the product reviews as this tends to give a more varied response than as you said, the highest reviews coming up first.

Oh by the way.. This is an opinion of a woman so I don't think it's a man thing. Though I am quite a lazy woman lol =P

I read about 5/10 of them.

I dont like reviews to be too long especially if after reading they dont supply important information. I like to know how well it fits, the size that the reviewer bought and waht dress size they are normally so that i can get a better indication of what size to purchase.Also the quality of the material and if they feel it's good value for money and how it makes you feel when you put it on.

Equally I don't like short reviews that say, very sexy and my OH liked it... pros: everything, cons: nothing. That doesn't tell you anything. If a review has been written then I always read before purchasing because if a few people had highlighted simmilar difficulties or problems with a product then it's likely that I will too, and I can save myself dissapointment if I get a good idea of what to expect.

Yeah I read enough of the most recent ones to get a scope of different opinions if there are any, and I'll read long ones because they can be really useful! And I like reading everything possible about a toy before I buy it :) short and to the point doesn't work for me, when I read a really short review I generally find it isn't complete for my needs, I'm sorta like.... And?

Also, I usually read the reviews first rather than the info on the product provided so I don't mind when people repeat. I'm not in a particular rush when choosing or buying so I find all kinds of reviews helpful :)

I also think that the fit and material quality is important to know! In lingerie and toys.

If its clothing, I really need to be sure about the fit as I have an extra tyre round the middle, so if a review mentions that its flattering or too tight, that's my main concern.

Not so worried about actual toys and dildos etc as people tend to have very differing opinions.

so/so on this one , sometimes i will , sometimes ill impulse buy

rubysoho wrote:

sometimes ill impulse buy

Same here. There were items I wanted to buy regardless of opinions ;) Went ahead and bought them, and didn't have any regrets. I also often buy things with no reviews anywhere...

Impulse buying depends on price for me.

repliquant wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

Same here. There were items I wanted to buy regardless of opinions ;) Went ahead and bought them, and didn't have any regrets. I also often buy things with no reviews anywhere...

Agreed apart from when buying lingerie.. If it says it's perfect for massive boobies I know not to waste my money. Though if theres some lingerie I love without a review I will give it a go.

Product descriptions are not useful to me, in general, but I can filter out the obvious no-nos easily. BadVendor(R)? Out then. Silicone? Out. Puke Coloring? Out. Radioactive? Out. Tiny stem? Out. And so on. I guess this is my toy equivalent of your lingerie info ;) But in general, I don't read product descriptions apart from pure facts (for some value of 'facts').

My remarks are influenced by what I tend to buy — sizable backdoor toys. For these, it's all about dimensions and build characteristics. Dimensions, dimensions, dimensions. Every milimeter matters ;) And that includes diameters of relevant constituent parts, relevant circumferences for those toys with cross-sections divergent from a circle, minimum and maximum insertable length, softness vs hardness or best of all: Shore A index info if I can get it, and any other data that might affect 'insertability'.

Right now I know exactly what I'm after, and I have a good overview of what is on offer, and thus can afford to shoot blindly for toys from companies I know and like. It's a lottery though, it always is, as there is never enough information out there. So I'm always grateful to those humans who do provide such info on various sites. Also, some of the toy-specific tips and general bits of "big toy advice" shared by some diligent insertors have enabled me to take things further. With big toy usage being subject to the law of diminishing asses — as I like to call it — some items can remain unreviewed for years, globally. It would be seriously suboptimal to deny myself big toyage just because I have nothing to base my decision on apart from a nice illustration or two.

repliquant wrote:

rubysoho wrote:

i bought 5 things on the 75%off sale a while back and none of them had reviews , 3/5 of them are awesome !!!

on here I look for the main points, compare the good and bad points to see if the lingerie is overall good or not to the customers. I like short reviews cause they are quick to read and get to the point which can be more helpful.

Personal I like to read the reviews , although everyone is different and has different needs and wants

and everyones Idea of a review is also diferent some people just put the facts some like to wax lyrical for hours at the end of the day it will still give you some insight into the products good and bad point

BUT I have a real issue ! with lovehoneys reviews !

I posted this below in there suggestion thread but as yet it has gone unanswered !

Hopfully it is relivant to this thread

I have a request , When looking at different products its great that you can read other peoples reviews there thoughts and comments on the items , But its not always the good points you want to know !

Some items may have over 100 reviews but you can only look at 5 at a time

You can look for lastest , most helpful and best rating , some times you need and want to hear all the bad things people say about a product ! but apart from going through all of the reviews there is no way to do this,maybe you should be able to list by lowest rating as well as heighest ?

Secondly it might be worth people mentioning what other toys they have as when they say something is powerful what are they comparing it to? a hitachi wand or and underpowered bullet with half flat batteries

just my thoughts

You can read all the reviews you like but to me the important ones are the bad ones !!

I like to read a quick description on the toy, the basics: how it feels, size, thoughts etc.

Then I want to know the reviwers experience how using it was, on that usually I would decide whether to pursue or not.