Friend Etiquette?

So, adding friends, what's the etiquette around here?

Is it the done thing to send out requests or not?

its sort of irrelevant now the chat function is not working , it used to be so taht the people on your friend list you could chat to in a pop up box or something , i believe, now .. theres no real function for it x

Cool, thanks.

no point currently then.

it is rather daft that you now can no longer communicate directly either by chat or by releasing a contact address. Perhaps it got abused. A few times they'd be a post by someone and I'd think I really want to ask that person about such and such but can't. Bring back chat...

I have quite a few friend requests, but I don't see the point in accepting them since they're useless. I just hope that no one takes offence because I haven't accepted them, I genuinely do think everyone on here are wonderful people :)

If you friend me, and I notice, I will friend you back, but please dont if you are a prostitute.

Well, dont mind if you are, just dont push for any business

Although the chat function is not working, I use the manage your friends list in the my account section to see what my friends have posted recently.

So it does have its uses.

There seems to be a problem with my friends list at the moment. There's no new requests and there's no box to remove friends either. Anybody else having the same issue?

SexyBumBully wrote:

There seems to be a problem with my friends list at the moment. There's no new requests and there's no box to remove friends either. Anybody else having the same issue?

Yep I have the same issue, it was reported in a thread a few days ago.

SexyBumBully wrote:

Yes... the same here. Hope it will be fixed soon. External Image

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

SexyBumBully wrote:

Yep I have the same issue, it was reported in a thread a few days ago.

Same here

Hey everyone,

I've flagged this up to our tech team to see what the issue is.

I'm also having the same problem where your account tells you you have new friend requests pending, but when you click the link, no new friends appear in your list.

MightyBum - have you tried clicking on your new 'friends' profile? You should be able to remove them from your friends list from their profile page.

If this doesn't work, please let me know and I'll let the IT team know about this too.

Hopefully this should't take too long to resolve, but in the mean time thanks for letting us know! :)

theMightyBum wrote:

Ironically, I (who don't believe in adding friends on forums) am getting friend 'requests'...but they're not coming through as requests, one has added as a friend automatically and cannot be removed.

So yeah there seems to be a technical glitch.

there's no friends showing when i look t your profile mr.bum