friend requests...

whats the crack there then? I have some friends but does that make any difference, I mean is it just a way to show off how popular you are or does it give you extra features to use in your interaction with those people who are your 'friends'? I've never sent a friend request because I wasn't aware of any benefit to doing so but a few people have requested me. I'm happy to accept I just wondered whats the point of the function.

You can chat with them Lilac on the chat function. :-)

If you are friends with someone you can chat to them on the messenger bit. I think that's the only 'benefit'.

oh I thought you could just use the chat function with anyone, shows how much I know lol and I've only been on here two years...

No, only friends can message you on the chat. Which is I guess good, I think its a safety feature. There were moments when people reported uncomfortable conversation on chat. So its easy to remove such person.

I never considered it a popularity feature, as lot of people dont accept every request sent to them.

HandcuffedLover wrote:

Other than that, the only benefit I can see is like sub-kitten says, it allows you to 'chat'. But I prefer just using the forum for that anyway. I wouldn't say anything to anyone in a 'chat' that I wouldn't say on the forum :)

I use it, when want to discuss something bit more personal. But I only do this with few people and I think I would rather not put it on forum. But as I said, this is with few people, about 3-4.

I tend to use it as an easy way to find blog links and emails for adopt a toy or similar.

I sometimes use the chat function too =)

Hi, I am very new to LoveHoney and to the chat line. I only discovered LV because I was looking for a sex toy for my OH, but the chat line is more of a choice thing and there's certainly more to be aware of. On friends, it is a bit "suck it & c", if U will permit the expression. Am not sure there's enought info on how it works lilac-vix notes she had been on site 4 2 yrs b4 realising where it was. I only realised something was there by the "Who's Online" menu bar at the bottom of the screen having submitted 2 friends requests. More especially, in the "Chat Options" box how do you save "My Status" and when do you know that a "friends request" has been rejected also if a friend decides to withdrawn their agreement as a friend it just disappears. I've lost one in the last 24 hours, with no explanation, though I did have a problem and had to do an emergency re-boot. I had barely xchanged with this person.

What we have found in our observations is that te only requests we have had is from single men, or profiles for a couple, that was also obviously a man too.

All this after we posted some pics up!

In theory you chat...

In practice you attempt to chat and most people dont respond....

jenpaul951 wrote:

What we have found in our observations is that te only requests we have had is from single men, or profiles for a couple, that was also obviously a man too.

All this after we posted some pics up!

jenpaul1951, Jimmi Duro,

Thanks thats interesting. Its certainly a minefield of expectations, sensitivities and judgements. I can understand the dangers, I had a go at my youngest daughter for using the most suggestive of "screen names" and an avatar, in what I now realise was a chat room, ..... well. Here there is some screening, by a moderator, I guess and exponents of "chat" who watch every word; but you respond to the dialogue in the thread, if it gets too "red blooded" is that a point at which friends are made and a one to one E-dialogue develops were it is less public than the thread, where it can be judged by those who are spectators. If that E-dialogue is not what you want/need you either say stop or close down the "friendship".

I also appreciate different people are seeking different things, wifes with tired domestic relationships may be wanting something different, someone to talk or feed a fantasy; to couple seeking a third for "exploration" etc

I guess there are also those who would abuse the E-freedom and totally misrepresent themselves, as you hv encounter.

Ta

I use the chat sometimes, but have found an increasing number of people who are purely adding friends for cyber.

Chat is probably the only benifit to adding people as friends on here.

I don't add very many people anymore because of that. I generally only add people who I have spoken to on the forum or know from twitter or somewhere.

no ones asked me for cyber, I can't decide if to be pleased or offended ... lol but before anyone asks, no I don't

lilac_vix wrote:

no ones asked me for cyber, I can't decide if to be pleased or offended ... lol but before anyone asks, no I don't

For some lilac, they might see that as a challenge lol (jkin) x