Friends.

I've noticed that I've been added as a "Friend" on her and I've also added users as "Friends".

Is it just a figurative thing to show solidarity, or is there a community aspect I've missed?

I can't seem to see an option to keep in touch personally, etc like on other forums.

Am I just being a daftie?

There used to be a time when there was a chat room or something like that on the site and you could keep in touch with people you added as a friend they took the chat feature away and kept the friends the friends thing doesn't really serve any purpose any more other than to check what your 'friends' have been rreviewing and what's on their wishlist if you plan on treating them

As you say it is really a figurative aspect.

There isn't anyway to contact members but from what I have read of older forum posts this wasn't always the case.

I can understand why that's the rule as there are a whole host of sites where that can occur. The restrictions of the forum with regards to this and graphic descriptions do give it a unique flavour.

For me feel more kinship and want to know more about some of the posters when the talk isn't just graphic descriptions of their sex life.

I will hit you with a friend request cos despite it serving no purpose it seems quite civilized.

I wasn't around the forums at a time when friending had a proper function, so I've always just used it as a way of letting people know in a subtle way that I've liked something about their post, or that I generally think they're a nice person. I sometimes feel a bit apprehensive about friending though just because I'm a bit shy in general. I take it as a little compliment whenever someone adds me, even if it's probably not intended that way :P

Thanks, guys!

I thought I was missing something! It'd be nice to actually be in touch with friends, but the forum is good enough for me!

Yeah the chat function got taken down. There was talk of bringing it back but I don't think anything ever came of it. I still accept requests when they come through because the thing we love about lh (other than the great prices and quality) is the community aspect. Other sites have the forum but the feeling of a community isn't there xx